Silsbee Has No Spirit????

McLovin

I wanted a few opinions about a conflict between SHS SCRUBS and people attending games. Our administration came to me with complaints that other fans had towards SCRUBS. The last few games we rightfully sat at the 50 field level at home. The people sitting behind us are complaining because we never sit down and they don't want to look over us. So, the administration told me that we needed to sit in an alternate area, most likely in a corner of the stadium that no one would notice. At home games people can ask us to move because some seats are specifically paid for; however, at away games it is general admission so we can sit anywhere. I just don't think it's right to shove a spirited group of fans in the corner so the reserved fans can watch a game in peace and comfort. The problem is I presented this organization to our administrators in hopes of making it an official club.  They denied, so I believe they have no say in the matter. From the standpoint of an ex-football player there was nothing more than looking up in the stands on Friday nights and seeing all those people going crazy for you. It seems to me that it is wrong for them to do this????? Any comments???? ??? ??? ???

Interesting ---------

I'd say don't break any UIL rules, sportsmanship rules, pay your admission and sit where you want to sit. Be ready for possibly some security guard or administrator to settle you down and play it by ear. The other fans ALSO have rights, but BE COOL and cheer for your team, make noise and Don't be too obnoxious. ::)BOTTOM LINE - Don't give your detractors ant ammo.

I say, stand up, be proud, and be loud!!!  It's nice to see a little school spirit from the fans.  You should've seen the students in the stands last year when Silsbee played a baseball game at Jasper.  The Jasper students had thunder sticks.  They didn't stop all night.  From the first pitch until the last, all you could here were those dang thunder sticks beating together.  No one complained and no one made them stop.  It was a great atmosphere. 

I say, stand up, be proud, and be loud!!!  It's nice to see a little school spirit from the fans.  You should've seen the students in the stands last year when Silsbee played a baseball game at Jasper.  The Jasper students had thunder sticks.  They didn't stop all night.  From the first pitch until the last, all you could here were those dang thunder sticks beating together.  No one complained and no one made them stop.  It was a great atmosphere. 

I say go for it.

Just don't be rude and be respectful to the people that sit behind you.

It does't matter how many, just keep the spririt. I believe it helps the team and goes a long way towards the team's heart on the field. But just be aware that other people paid their money also and what does it matter where you sit if you can be heard on the field. That is where it helps.

Guest kvillecheer

i think you should be able to cheer as loud as you want WHEREVER you want . as long as your not in the reserved seating that the people actually paid for . YOUR AT A FOOTBALL GAME ! your supposed to have spirit !  ;D

I say keep it up, but there is one thing. At Tiger Stadium there is reserved seating, mostly season ticket holders. Those seats are between the 35's, so unless you guys have reserved seats, you won't be able to do your thing at the 50. Everyone should be sitting in their proper sections, so if you guys were in the wrong seats to begin with, you have no right to stand in front of the ones who are. Just a little advice, be polite.

SOMETHING I WROTE ABOUT LAST KOUNTZE GAME

Kirbyville may have been open last night, but not for some of their fans. A unnamed Kountze football players girlfriend from Kirbyville came to Evadale to support the Kountze Lions along with her mother, grandmother, little sisters and about ten girlfriends and boy did they make some noise. We as the Kountze fans can learn from them, they were crazy for the game. Many Kountze fans and Kountze coaches asked who are those people this is not normal at our games. They were alot of fun to watch and listen too. Not only did they scream and holler during the game they stood in the parking lot and cheered the boys home. Thanks Kirbyville for lending us your fans for the night.

GO SCRUBS

I can understand why they have no spirit is because they got beat by Port Neches 43-0

ndn09

Why do you want to come over and stir the pot, everyone is trying to support these kids.

You being from PNG ought to know something about traditions. These kids are trying to support their school and help build a tradition.

Yes they lost to PNG, but that shouldn't dampen their school spirit.

I was at the PNG game.  The SCRUBS cheered the WHOLE time.  They have props and noise makers.  Y'all are doing a great job.  I'm sure the team appreciates it.

Now ndn09,  there is difference in school spirit, pride....and arrogance.  By the way your school is not perfect either.  Your cheerleaders are the first squad all season to refuse to come around and meet the opposing fans.  Not the best sportsmanship.  I'm sure there is some good reason but it just didn't look very good on their part.  We all like to mouth but be careful when your mouthing starts to look bad for your school.  I'm sure they would rather you state your NDN pride in a positive way.  We are so glad you scored your FIRST points of the season---good luck from here on out.

That is so bad that Silsbee has no skool spirit in their team.

It not the team that don't have a school spirit just because of ONE NON DISTRICT football game. It the fan that don't. This does not concern the SCRUBS, band or tigerrete. This goes to the fan that actually pay to go tho the games. They don't have school spirit when it come to them losing. When we are winning they will cheer half the time but other times no they won't so don't go trying to make it sound like the player and them are not having school spirit because I know I'm down there on the field every game.

I said it once and I'll say it again, I back the Scrubs. Ya'll are down and just to the right of where I set. I love the spirit ya'll bring to the games, don't stop. Ya'll are in the season ticket holders section, so the people may have a few years on them and are not accustom to the loudness and standing up all the time. Man, just like a college game. Like the others have said be nice and if worst comes to worst ya'll may have to move, I hope not, but it may happen. Find a place and get loud there. But what ever ya'll do ya'll just keep on keeping on. Go Scrubs!!! Go Tigers!!!

Here's the deal with the reserved seating. Yes we sit in the reserved areas however, all of the reserved ticket holders sit above us. I myself am a reserved ticket holder and it kind of sucks that just because were not "old people" we can't sit front and center. Where do you want your fans to be? In some corner behind the endzone or on the 50 right where the game is happining? I've always sat there without complaint but once we decide to get loud we have to move. But we'll adapt to wherever we have to go and be fine I guess.

Viva La Scrubs!

Guest WeedBegone

Dear Scrubs

I am sure it is difficult to find yourselves in a position torn between conformity and your expression of school spirit.  Your dilema is well noted and yet there is hope in your future.  What you need to find is a place where the expression of school spirit and conformity is 98% and the non-conformist only represent 2% of the total population.  Therefore when the time comes you may want to apply to further your education at Texas A and M university where it is a priviledge to be inconvenienced. Nobody dares to tell you to sit down and be quiet and if they did you would not be able to hear them.  I am not an alumni--but i am impressed with their spirit.  As far as now, keep the spirit, use it to influence others so it may grow --- but be careful not to force it upon those who yet not know what real spirit is.  And finally---Be nice---it will help you sell your ideas.  Good Luck Tigers

Respectfully submitted

WeedBegone

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed