Brazil-4, USMNT-2

jcb6790

i was really impressed with the US today.  without a tough own goal, and an obvious blown call that would've given us a penalty kick, this could've been a very different game.  brazil obviously had more individual talent, and played a prettier game, but on the whole, the US was very competitive.  it's not a stretch to say that they probably deserved a better result (3-3 tie, maybe).

and also, congrats to arnaud.  i don't know that he should be getting USNT opportunities, but i will say that in the few minutes he was in he did well.

i was really impressed with the US today.  without a tough own goal, and an obvious blown call that would've given us a penalty kick, this could've been a very different game.  brazil obviously had more individual talent, and played a prettier game, but on the whole, the US was very competitive.  it's not a stretch to say that they probably deserved a better result (3-3 tie, maybe).

I agree

and also, congrats to arnaud.  i don't know that he should be getting USNT opportunities, but i will say that in the few minutes he was in he did well.

Makes no sense. He did well but doesn't deserve the oppurtunity .....  ??? ???

The great thing about being at that level is ... everyone gets to state an opinion against or for a player of his and all the players top level of play... I can say that after every game I see, I question some of his choices.  But to say Davy doesnt deserve an opportunity makes no sense..  The good thing is that they put coaches in place, that are not as close minded, and looks at and for the BEST talent to develop our national team.  Most likely he was just stating his anti Davy to get a rise out of folks... I am still more anti Eddie ... but the game should have ended 3 - 3...  and it was a great fast paced game and I enjoyed seeing a local player step on the field, and realize how many have walked before him and never gotten this opportunity.... CHEERS....  TO DAVY

ohh yea, i dont know if it was just me, but did bocanegras goal look a little like it could have been a hand ball....it might of been the angle but it looks like he picked his arm up right before the ball hit him and it might have deflected of of his forearm?? i dont know, its just what it looked like to me

guys, i'm not trying to upset anyone. i am happy for davy.  i just don't think that he's is in the top 4 (or 5 or 6 or 7) forwards or midfielders that the United States has to offer.  I'm proud to have a great player from our area that is doing well. he's been a very good pro player who's putting together a solid career.  in his post, i believe shark alluded to me being close minded.  i'm not a huge eddie johnson fan, but to me close-minded would be being anti-eddie for the national team (14 g, 4 a in 18 MLS games), but being pro-davy (4 g, 6 a in 23 MLS games) just because he's a hometown boy.  i am not trying to get a rise out of anyone, i was just discussing how i felt.  if i had made that post anywhere besides this site, nobody would have even blinked at what i said(except maybe kansas city).  

I thought also it was a hand ball.  I was saying you may be close minded and I am without a doubt close minded...  on some of the players.  That was why I said its good they have a coach that isnt like ME or you are anyone else.  The whole purpose and reason I would say Davy got a look is his work ethic on the field.  He works on the ball and away from the ball.  He defends and when he loses the ball runs and fights to retrieve it while my buddy Eddie stands and blames the world on his losing the ball.  Okay that was my close minded self but the coach is trying to find a combination that might work.  Our US team hasnt been scoring or creating many goals so those players that have been given a chance with better statistics arent doing the job.  Are good enouph job...  But yes I am narrowminded when it comes to some players. 

i'm ok with ching or johnson, as long as they're up top with either donovan or dempsey.  our defense, midfield, and goalkeeping has steadily gotten better, but our forwards aren't advancing as quickly.  it seems like when both donovan and dempsey are either in the midfield or out of the game that our attack goes stagnant.

I think the problem with Ching is that he'll be 32 by the time the next World Cup arrives.  Sure he'll be good for some qualies, but I don't know if he can handle a World Cup schedule.  We'll see.  I can't wait to see Altidore against real international competition.  I think world-wide, our midfield is comparable with almost anyone.  Some of the names are very legit:  Donovan, Beez, Dempsey, Feihlaber, Bradley, Clark... But we are sooooo deficient at forward and our left back situation still worries me.  It's all according to the draw, and it's a few years away, but realistically, winning one game in the knock-out round in South Africa should be considered a pretty darn good showing in 2010.

i think by 2010 we should have a team capable of making it to the quarters or semis, if we can avoid playing a top 3 team before that point.  that being said, we could always crap out like we did last year, especially if we continue to get the "quality" officiating that we've gotten over the past year or so.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder