**WO-S 22 Dayton 14 FINAL/COMMENTS**

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I THOUGHT DAYTON WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A POWERHOUSE THIS YEAR?

Dayton is a very tough team.  that quarterback is a playmaker, and i was very impressed with smesny.  was he all-state last year?  because he is tough.  the fight was just one of those things.  1 player from wos got ejected and 1 from dayton so it was even, and it's over.   i really enjoyed the fine display of running wos put on in the second half.  its what i call good old fashioned mustang football.  i wish dayton all the success this season.  

Yah, well, we almost had ya.

When you almost win you still lose. It was a good game. A game of two halfs. There was a  little pushing throughout the game. I was proud of WOS players. Most of them stayed on the sidelines. It got ugly but didn't last too long. I didn't hear the final stats but earlier in the week someone was saying that Daytons QB would go for 400 yards by himself. I don't think that happened.

Dayton really shut us down in the first half but as usual we made our half time adjustments.

Final yardage stats were WO-S 256, Dayton 199.

Green ended up with 143 total yards - 65 passing and 78 rushing.

Hypolite ended up with 173 total yards - 62 passing and 111 rushing.

Garrett getting booted sucked, but it was a big help in getting Hypolite to step up into a starring role - and he did.

Garrett getting booted sucked, but it was a big help in getting Hypolite to step up into a starring role - and he did.

Not to mention we got to see the back up QB and he held his own. DPG's brother came in after he was ejected and did a fine job. That boy can bust the wedge can't he? He flies in there wreckless just like you have to.

WOS92

Dayton stronger than last year?

Anyone have any comments on us continually cramping up? I didn't see the kids from Dayton cramp one time. I've never seen a trainer work so hard. I kept waiting for him to fall out with cramps. We better start eating pickles or drinking the juice.

They looked pretty strong, but once Hypolite (new WO-S QB) shifted it into gear and the D stepped up, they seemed back on their heels. Green (Dayton QB) ran all over us in the first half, but the D shut it down in the second. They definitely are AS strong as last year. I don't know if they're strongER.

WOS BRINGS IT EVERY YEAR.HOOKS GETS 110% FROM WHAT FEW PLAYERS HE HAS.DAYTON HAS TO BE SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS AFTER THIS ONE?AFTER ALL THE PRE-SEASON HYPE THEY GOT,AT LEAST IT'S NOT A DISTRICT GAME.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder