**WO-S 22 Dayton 14 FINAL/COMMENTS**

Dayton had one running play that was killing WO-S in the first half, the QB draw. The tailback that got ejected only had 16 yards on 7 carries when he left which included one 15 yard run. That one play was fixed at the half and thus, the end of Daytons offense for the night. I will say that, I feel the wet conditions hampered BOTH teams passing attacks.

Looking at my video this was true, but in the first half, WOS was rushing 5 to 6 players.  In the 2nd half they dropped 2 linebackers which followed Green's movement.  When Green tried to rush the ball he couldn't get around both linebackers.  Going 3 and out the first 3 times was the key to the game.  GREAT COACHING AND EXECUTION BY WOS!!!  Hated to see Dayton lose, but seeing how the kids at WOS came back after being down 2 TD's was something to behold.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many players from Dayton were tossed.

two were out after the fight. Not sure if the refs tossed both or what...The fifteen yard run for that tail back was a td. That's why I'm saying they were a huge loss, because they are on the field so much. At the moment I see a bit of a depth issue. If some of our young guys grow up like we think they will, the issue won't be so glaring. Wet weather was definitely a hamper on passing for both.

My only point is that the RB did not have success except for the one run and that particular play was a really good call at that point which was set up by the runs by the QB. I hear what you are saying about the depth thing. I actually counted more players suited out for WO-S than I did for Dayton which was quite surprising. I did see a lot of players with tops and jeans on. I don't know if they are JV players or Dayton just has a bunch of injured players. Friday was the first time in a long time that we actually had more players dressed out than the team we were playing.

My only point is that the RB did not have success except for the one run and that particular play was a really good call at that point which was set up by the runs by the QB. I hear what you are saying about the depth thing. I actually counted more players suited out for WO-S than I did for Dayton which was quite surprising. I did see a lot of players with tops and jeans on. I don't know if they are JV players or Dayton just has a bunch of injured players. Friday was the first time in a long time that we actually had more players dressed out than the team we were playing.

We did have 3 or 4 guys injured that I know for sure would've played, but I don't think all of them were starters. Either way...not a big group suited out at all. We'll get something figured out with the running game. Once we lost the rb...for some reason we just about stopped running altogether. Not sure why. Playing WOS is a good way to see what needs fixing.

Congrats to the Mustangs for a win that they scratched and clawed for.  I think that losing Poodie was a blessing in disguise because everyone HAD to step up and they did.

I agree, totally, with the comment about Hypolite...he grew tremendously in that locker room and during half-time. 

As for the fight, I can't really recall WO-S being involved in that mele' before.  Just not in our character.  There was some pushing before that play and from where I was at, Allensworth was tussling with #5 (I think) and then you see the guy get on top of Brandon and hit him in the helmet.  After that, everything broke loose.  To those Mustangs who kept their cool and stayed on the sideline, thank you.  Glad to see that you had the discipline.

As for the WO-S coach "hitting" the Dayton player...I don't think that it happened like that.  He was actually separating Garrett and that player and then two of the Dayton coaches proceed to grab him.

I hope that that never happens again on either side.  Football is about discipline and Mustang fans know that WO-S players are taught it...they just have to show it at ALL TIMES. ;)

It sounded in the dayton paper today like Coach Stewart said his team took responsibility for the fight. He praised the QB at WOS, along with the Offensive Cordinator. He talked about how the Mustang's are a true team and the Broncos are a bunch of selfish individuals. Some pretty strong words coming from the mouth of Daytons top man. WOS you must have made a good impression !!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder