I’m Dining

baddog

34 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Have yall  given any thought to how many people are going to die because you went to restaurant?  Sounds like a bunch of selfish, compassionless, white Republicans to me.

I resemble that remark. Nyuk Nyuk. 

We are exposed to germs everyday. Wearing masks filters out some of those germs that our immune systems need to keep ourselves immune. I’m no doctor but it makes sense to me.

I am glad you are there because this virus is NEVER going to cease to exist aka the flu.  As for testing being the answer, I ask this.  If I pass the test today, is that assurance that I wont come in contact with and transmit the virus tomorrow, next week, next month?

22 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am glad you are there because this virus is NEVER going to cease to exist aka the flu.  As for testing being the answer, I ask this.  If I pass the test today, is that assurance that I wont come in contact with and transmit the virus tomorrow, next week, next month?

Good question. I too have one. If they are saying that to contract Covid-19 and recover is no an assurance of relapse, why would a vaccine help? Vaccines make us produce antibodies to the virus but is not a 100% guarantee that you won’t get it anyway. If having the virus and recovering doesn’t produce antibodies to make you immune, being vaccinated won’t help much. Does that make sense?

Side note: just found out that Texas Roadhouse won’t “open” till Tuesday.

48 minutes ago, baddog said:

Good question. I too have one. If they are saying that to contract Covid-19 and recover is no an assurance of relapse, why would a vaccine help? Vaccines make us produce antibodies to the virus but is not a 100% guarantee that you won’t get it anyway. If having the virus and recovering doesn’t produce antibodies to make you immune, being vaccinated won’t help much. Does that make sense?

Side note: just found out that Texas Roadhouse won’t “open” till Tuesday.

couldnt agree more on having the virus antibodies versus vaccination.  Incidentally, I have been tested  at two separate sights for the antibodies and I have them.  I didnt know it at the time, but I can recall when I had the virus.   I am one of those considered most vulnerable.  Had two days of fever, ten days of cough, and a week of reduced sense of taste.   But when fever was gone, I was as good as new.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

couldnt agree more on having the virus antibodies versus vaccination.  Incidentally, I have been tested  at two separate sights for the antibodies and I have them.  I didnt know it at the time, but I can recall when I had the virus.   I am one of those considered most vulnerable.  Had two days of fever, ten days of cough, and a week of reduced sense of taste.   But when fever was gone, I was as good as new.

right there with you Nash as well as my wife.  Come October/November when viruses are back at it we ll be a lil stronger than those going to the extremes right now....jmo 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

Lol. I eat the typical tamales, enchiladas, taco plates too, but the chalupas here are fantastic. I need about ten napkins and a bib, but it’s worth it. 

That's fine but be sure not to use a plastic straw  and dont flaunt you white privilege

23 hours ago, stevenash said:

That's fine but be sure not to use a plastic straw  and dont flaunt you white privilege

Actually, there was an Hispanic family as we entered and an Asian couple after that. We sat in the back so I’m afraid there was no white privilege being extended. Should I have reminded them when I came in? 

I was all ready to go eat out on Saturday but chickened out at the last minute.  Ordered Schlotzkys thru their app instead.  

I was just thinking... what if the guy that sat in my chair before me was sick?  Couldn't shake it.  We'll see what happens to the number of infections over the next week or so and then I'll jump back into the pool.  

I literally ate at the Chick-Fil-A on Downlen Road at about 7:45pm on the last day that they were open before their 18 workers tested positive.  It spooked me... not gonna lie.

My viewpoint is that the number infections is going to go up NOT because more people are getting it but because more test results are going to become available.  If I am understanding the contagiousness of the virus correctly, sitting in the same chair of someone who had the infection should not cause you to get it.   I believe that you must contact some of the "droplets" and let them find a way to your mouth/nose.  I suspect much of that is transmitted when it gets on your hands and you wind up touching your face.  If I am wrong about this, I apologize in advance.  I am pretty sure that this virus is more widespread than anyone realizes.  If you wish, google stanford university study of Santa Clara county where they concluded that the number of cases is vastly understated.  That makes the mortality rate much lower.

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

My viewpoint is that the number infections is going to go up NOT because more people are getting it but because more test results are going to become available.  If I am understanding the contagiousness of the virus correctly, sitting in the same chair of someone who had the infection should not cause you to get it.   I believe that you must contact some of the "droplets" and let them find a way to your mouth/nose.  I suspect much of that is transmitted when it gets on your hands and you wind up touching your face.  If I am wrong about this, I apologize in advance.  I am pretty sure that this virus is more widespread than anyone realizes.  If you wish, google stanford university study of Santa Clara county where they concluded that the number of cases is vastly understated.  That makes the mortality rate much lower.

Great points as always....

I will say the people making money off of the scourge are the ones making the “We Are Open” signs.

Still takeout only, we are having meat loaf from the Feed Store for lynch. Tough to beat that cooking. We try to spread our dining money around. We are partial to Pine Tree Lodge. Best catfish around. Feed Store and Pine Tree.......can’t find anything on either menu that is not out of this world.