Whos the team to beat in '08?

Guest TPX

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 22-4A - LCM is definitely the front runner until someone proves otherwise.  But don't count PNG, Vidor, or Nederland out.

PNG was a young team with a lot returning led by Eric Harrington, Jon Carnahan, and Jerin Spikes. 

Vidor's combination of experience (V.J. Bunner, Taylor Robicheau, etc.) and youth(Trae Hester, Chad Sims, Chas Bruce, Jesse Griffin, etc.) leaves them coming back with a strong team.  They will miss the bat of Cameron Perkins.  They have to build on last years success to prove that last year was not a fluke.(I don't believe it was.)  Good coach with talented players.

Nederland should be stronger than last year.  Ryan Sampere, Aaron McFarland, Josh Dean, and Justin Richard, give a strong pitching corps.  Reagan Stanley and Adam Broussard will return as outfielders.  Some combination of McFarland, Sampere, Jordan Pitts, Jude Vidrine, and Kirby Bellow should make a solid infield.  The big question is catcher with Trey Terracina being the front runner.  He has always hit well and has made great strides due to his work ethic on his defensive skills.  They have the most to prove this year. 

yall were talking about Jasper is gonna be one of the teams to beat next year, but i dont think they will be as good cause they dont have the players to fill in were they lost there seniors. or do they?

Let's see now.  Jasper won two  games at state, almost 10 run ruling both games.  Both winning Jasper pitchers will return.  The entire outfield returns, including CF Hart.  3B returns.  Only a freshman, he made many senior level plays.  DH Bronson returns.  Jasper easily has the talent to fill in the other 4 spots.

Whats Nederlands depth chart at the catcher spot?

The players mentioned in my previous post are those that played all or part of the season for their schools 2007 Varsity Team. 

At catcher for Nederland: Samuel Rodahl(Jr.) was the starter for JV prior to Terracina(Jr.) moving down to get more playing time.  He did a pretty good job.  Shae Campbell(Senior) has also played catcher on JV the last two years.  Taylor Trahan(Soph.) and Jackson Broussard(Soph.) played on the Sophomore/Freshman Team.  There also is a Freshman named Babineaux who looks to be a pretty good catcher for the future.  Terracina is the only one with Varsity experience.

I was told, there's a player name of Roebuck(Senior) that is an outfielder that has moved into the NISD from HJ.  He played for MCBR 18 Yr. Old Tournament Team and is supposed to be solid.  If he plays he could compete for the third outfield spot.       

I was told, there's a player name of Roebuck(Senior) that is an outfielder that has moved into the NISD from HJ.  He played for MCBR 18 Yr. Old Tournament Team and is supposed to be solid.  If he plays he could compete for the third outfield spot.       

If that's true Orangefield, Kirbyville, WOS and HF just got a little better.

well then whats there lineup goin to look like?

just like last year.  fast, fast, and faster.  one count at state had them stealing 20 bases in just two games against supposedly the "best in the state".  by the way, their fastest two players are returning.

If that's true Orangefield, Kirbyville, WOS and HF just got a little better.

I among others @ HJ hope this is NOT true, if so Ned just got the best from HJ, he's one of the most dedicated and focused players I know playing today in HS ball.

Wow what a blow to HJ.  Admin is correct this does make us better.  You Nederland folks are getting a good one.  He should most likely play center and hit leadoff unless you have a stud there already.  If you have any pitching to go with him he might just put you guys over the top.

Guest kingme2007

WOS was good when Katrina evacuees were attending school there.  I feel since many of the New Orleans students have gone home WOS baseball program is in SERIOUS trouble.  I don't know what they're going to do now.  I'll have to think of another favorite now.  Probably Kirbyville.

WOS was good when Katrina evacuees were attending school there.  I feel since many of the New Orleans students have gone home WOS baseball program is in SERIOUS trouble.  I don't know what they're going to do now.  I'll have to think of another favorite now.  Probably Kirbyville.

WHAT??????

This doesn't even make since.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics