BH Sweeps Nederland

From the Baytown Sun:

Barbers Hill had a slow start in their match against Nederland. Midway through the first game, the Eagles found themselves tied 15-15 before pulling ahead 25-17. The Hill then finished the match off with a 25-5, 25-11 win.

“We got off to a slow start,†BH head coach John Leonard said. “It was about 15-15 then all of a sudden we looked really good. Megan Burnett played great; she got the ball to the right kids at the right time. I’m real hard to please but right now I’m pleased with the way we are playing.â€

Yes, tell us how many of the team that got swept out of the playoffs last year by Friendswood in 3 straight games are back to try again this year. 

No disrespect intended, but try playing a good team or two before you start telling us about how your girls are kicking butt.  The fact is that BH would get blown out of the gym and down the block by the Mustangs!

Guest jbseballfan

No disrespect, intended? ::)

FriendswoodFan....ever heard of being humble?  Okay okay....you aren't in school yet but when you get to English class next week, how about you look it up in the dictionary.

Congrats on your talented team....but at least have the decency to respect another team that is undefeated.  Who cares who they play?  I've seen fantastic volleyball teams have bad games and lose to opponents with much less skill.  I'm sure both clubs have lots of talent and have great things to come this season.

Careful how you run your mouth....or you are going to find a big, stinky volleyball shoe sticking out of it.

And by the way, didn't I see they have a houston sports website now?  How about you mosey your arrogant self right on over there....just a thought. ;D

Hey, there's no comma between disrespect and intended...but I guess you'll be teaching that in English class next week.

It doesn't matter "who they play..." UNLESS and UNTIL they start running around yelling about how they are "kicking butt" and "taking out" teams.  Then, my friend, it really does matter.  Think about it for a second.  And, until BH does play some real teams....well you know.

Three final things. 

First, any time BH or some other ET team wants to try to jam the proverbial volleyball shoe into a Mustang mouth, you know where to find us.  Any takers?  I didn't think so.

Second, I like this website just fine so I think I'll keep coming back.

Third, where do the best Lamar University VB players come from?  Oh yeah, FHS.

Congrats on your team Friendswood. No one is jumping up and down I was just making an observation that BH is 10-0 and took out the #2 team in the area by scores of 25-10, 25-17, 25-17 . (Is Dickinson a weak team?) I don't know about the other teams they have played ,but a couple of wins were from 5A's

BH has a good Volleyball Program (Although it is quite young) What they are doing in 4A seems pretty dang good to me.

What is Friendswoods record and what Volley ball powers have they played?

Guest osue200

They have them on every site (A Big Mouth Trash Talker) most are from Houston area.  Btw Barbers Hill looked real good against Nederland the other night.  Just wish Nederland could have give BH  better games.  BH looks very sharp and communicates very well.  Setters did extremely well.  If this is a young team they will get better and better each week.  Good luck to you guys.

Friendswood has one loss, to Pearland (5A playoff team) in the quarterfinal of the Katy Tournament.  I don't know all of their wins, but they include wins over Alvin (5A playoff team), Spring (5A playoff team), Clear Brook (5A playoff team), Travis (5A playoff team), Foster (4A playoff team), Bellville (3A playoff team, and 3A state top ten), and Caney Creek (4A).

And, yes Dickinson is way down this year -- having lost all but one of the best players from last year's team.  Probably #3 in 23-4A this year.

Now, what teams has BH defeated so far.

Finally, Osue the softball lover is still smarting about being put in her place last time we spoke.  Calling me a "Big Mouth Trash Talker" -- that hurts my feelings.

Friendswood has one loss, to Pearland (5A playoff team) in the quarterfinal of the Katy Tournament.  I don't know all of their wins, but they include wins over Alvin (5A playoff team), Spring (5A playoff team), Clear Brook (5A playoff team), Travis (5A playoff team), Foster (4A playoff team), Bellville (3A playoff team, and 3A state top ten), and Caney Creek (4A).

And, yes Dickinson is way down this year -- having lost all but one of the best players from last year's team.  Probably #3 in 23-4A this year.

Now, what teams has BH defeated so far.

Finally, Osue the softball lover is still smarting about being put in her place last time we spoke.  Calling me a "Big Mouth Trash Talker" -- that hurts my feelings.

And that's why yall are ranked #1 in the area! Dickinson was ranked #2 so I don't know how they would place 3rd in their district. One thing to learn last year was last year and BH just might hand you your butts this year (We Will See) But if we do I doubt you are the type of fan to get on here and offer congrats. As Hill guy said why ya hatin?

Now for the teams BH has played.

PNG 4A, Bridge City 3A, Batown Sterling 5A, Clear Spring ??, LCM 4A, Crosby4A, Dickinson 4A, Liberty 3A, Silsbee 3A, Nederland 4A.

Most if not all were playoff teams

I am sure that BH is a fine team, but they really have not yet played any strong teams yet, and that is the plain truth.  Call it hatin' if you want, but the facts are right in front of you. 

Are the Lady Mustangs scared about the prospect of playing BH?  The answer to that is 14, 20, 17!  And, no that's not a locker combination.

I love this board!

Guest jbseballfan

Hey, there's no comma between disrespect and intended...but I guess you'll be teaching that in English class next week.

Hey, I can admit I was incorrect there....but I don't teach English.

It doesn't matter "who they play..." UNLESS and UNTIL they start running around yelling about how they are "kicking butt" and "taking out" teams.  Then, my friend, it really does matter.  Think about it for a second.  And, until BH does play some real teams....well you know.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you beat a team, doesn't that constitute "taking them out?"  Then....ten out of the ten times they tried...they "took the other team out."  And, real teams?  You mean they've just been playing little fake volleyball teams, wearing volleyball uniforms, and masquerading as volleyball teams?  Those pesky band kids....always were clever.

Three final things. 

First, any time BH or some other ET team wants to try to jam the proverbial volleyball shoe into a Mustang mouth, you knw where to find us.  Any takers?  I didn't think so.

It's know...not knw, right?  So, maybe you weren't on their schedule...didn't see your coach scheduling them either.

Second, I like this website just fine so I think I'll keep coming back.

Hooray for us....I feel so blessed.

Third, where do the best Lamar University VB players come from?  Oh yeah, FHS.

And we know how successful they've been in the last couple years, hmmm? No disrespect to Lamar...but they've struggled as of late.

I am glad that we can all agree that Friendswood "kicked butt" and "took out" BH the last time they played the eaglets.  What makes you think the same FHS players wouldn't do it again, and again, and again!!!!   

If BH really were a big time, butt-kicking, take-em-out type program, then they would play in the big tournaments -- Katy, Justin Northwest, Pearland, etc.  But, they don't. 

Instead, they play in podunk tournaments against weak teams, and then they (or their fans) run around thumping their chests like they accomplished something!

And, Lamar's woes are because of the weak players, not the strong players. 

I was talking today with some Santa Fe VB parents, and they tell me that the Indians whipped up on the eaglets earlier this month.  Is that true?  And, if so, why do you claim to be undefeated -- and don't tell me it was just a scrimmage game since you are counting your scrimmage game victories over Sterling, LCM, and PNG in your supposedly undefeated record.

Baytown Sterling over Santa Fe 3-1: 25-15, 22-25, 25-15, 25-17

I wasn't at the scrimmage with Santa Fe but I didn't think they really kept a game score.  Maybe you could give us an accurate update on the Santa Fe record?  I did see where they went 2-3 at their last tournament.

I have not seen where BH has played Santa Fe this year. But it makes me feel good inside that you are discussing us with everyone!

Much Love  :-*

I can get a signed ball from the team and send it to ya if you would like ;D

Baytown Sterling over Santa Fe 3-1: 25-15, 22-25, 25-15, 25-17

I wasn't at the scrimmage with Santa Fe but I didn't think they really kept a game score.  Maybe you could give us an accurate update on the Santa Fe record?  I did see where they went 2-3 at their last tournament.

Wait! that can't be the same Sterling team BH beat! I thought all the teams we played sucked ;D

Friendswood please tell me it aint true ::)

All very funny, but the most noticeable thing is that none of you BH fans actually deny that Santa Fe whipped up on your eaglets when they played.  Apparently, BH fans count scrimmages as games ONLY when BH wins.  Oh that's right, they didn't keep score at that one -- ha ha, that's good!

Keep em coming -- and please let us know if your eaglets will be playing against any more JV teams (can you say Clear Springs)!  Hey, I hear there is a really tough 1A and 2A JV tournament next weekend -- let us know how you do!

I have just a couple of comments and I'll leave you be. 

I thought you have made a post earlier about not hating just the facts.  Yet you don't really acknowledge the facts when given them nor do you wish to post any to support your comments.  You brought up Santa Fe yet you obviously don't care about posting their record.  Why?  Since you did not attend, could you are wrong about the scrimmage outcome?

Again, back to the just "the facts" comment.  The only facts I see that you have presented was the outcome of last year's results with BH.  You don't even know the record of the team you appear to support.  So if you haven't found out, Friendswood lost this weekend to Justin Northwest, a team with 5 losses.  And Northwest is by no means a power house of a team.  They just recently lost to a school whose record is 4-11.  I would assume Friendswood just had an off game.

Friendswood has a great team this year as they did last year.  I am sure any thing short of the state championship game will be very disappointing.  And as you have pointed out, Friendswood has a long history of success at the 4A level.  Barbers Hill on the other hand is only in their second year at the 4A level.  And we, unlike Friendswood, are having to replace some key players from last year.  So, yes we are please with our results so far.

These are just the facts.  So, enjoy your year and I will enjoy ours. 

BH146, you seem nice and level headed so I will try to reciprocate.

Frankly, I have given out more "facts" than anyone else, including you.  I don't know SF's record, nor do I care.  Why does it matter to you?  They are known to FHS, we think they are a good team, and the "fact" is that some SF parents say that SF beat the BH girls pretty good during your scrimmage.  I've now asked you BH fans several times if that is an accurate description -- since you folks include your scrimmage wins in your record -- and you BH folks are either silent or say they didn't really keep score."  Please -- we all know that BH not only kept score, they kept stats and probably videotaped the games.  But, somehow that one didn't get included in the season record. 

Another "fact" is that FHS went 4-2 in the Justin Northwest tournament playing on the road against six outstanding teams that are all better than BH (including Justin Northwest).  The "fact" is that is how you get to be a Regional Champion, and, hopefully this year, a State Champion -- not by playing against JV teams and other inferior competition, counting your scrimmage wins but not your scrimmage losses in your "record," and bragging to the world about your butt kicking supposedly undefeated record.

So, BH fans, fess up that SF beat your girls, quit bragging, and look forward to the day when BH and FHS play in the playoffs.  I am!

Sorry, I don't know about some of the things you post in which you state are inaccurate.  I thought you were disputing BH's 11-0 record which does not include scrimmages.  Congrats on Friendswood's play in the Justin Northwest tournament.  Comparing strengths of various teams is completely conjecture whether it I or you.  I still believe that a 4-11 team cannot be considered to be very good.  But I will admit that I have not seen them play and my assumption is purely based on their record.

As far as Santa Fe, I thought you were the one comparing BH to SF.  I don't believe our coach was out to win a scrimmage but to evaluate his players.  So, SF may have really kicked our tails.  But I think you would admit that one does not play a scrimmage to win. And I can tell you that BH's 11-0 record does not include matches played in a scrimmage.  If you were given any other information, then that was incorrect. 

I would expect Friendswood to capture our region and if so, I hope they win it all.  I don't think a program should be embarrassed if the only team to beat them in the playoffs is Friendswood.  Would you?

Again, enjoy the season.  It could end up better than last year.

Guest jbseballfan

Um, who is bragging F-Wood?  THAT WOULD BE YOU!  On a thread that has nothing to do with you, no less!  The OP posted something good about the team he supports.  How is that any different than the incessant babbling that you do about Friendswood? 

Just chill...it'll all play out before we know it.  We respect that your team is great.  Why get so worked up over a team that you feel should enter JV tournaments?

Oh well....some people....

Go Bh....Mount the Mustangs  ;D

Oh, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings jb.  However, here's a news flash.  Expressing opinions, bragging, and supporting what you say with facts is what these types of boards and forums are all about. 

And, a very classy way for you to sign off your last post.  I bet you have people laughing at your jokes all day at the trailer park and the bingo hall.  ;D 

Oh, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings jb.  However, here's a news flash.  Expressing opinions, bragging, and supporting what you say with facts is what these types of boards and forums are all about. 

And, a very classy way for you to sign off your last post.  I bet you have people laughing at your jokes all day at the trailer park and the bingo hall.   ;D 

And your true colors fly! Get out witted then come back with a personal attack ;D Keep typing everyone is enoying your genius ;D ;D

I'm starting to think this is a WOS fan! You wern't born in Orange were you? Something is not adding up, why would a friendswood fan be on a SETX board Hmmmmmmmmmmm ???

You really need to stop stalking  :-*

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami