400,000 anchor babies born in 2019

PhatMack19

Sneak in the country illegally, have kids, live off the government tit for years while paying no taxes.  Profit  

Quote:

The number of babies born to illegal immigrants surpassed American births in nearly all 50 states last year. Analysis by the Center for Immigration Studies shows nearly 400,000 so-called 'anchor babies' were born in the U.S. in 2019.

Data from 2018 reveals about 300,000 'anchor babies' are born in the U.S. every year. These children immediately gain American citizenship, which then extends financial, legal and social benefits to their illegal alien parents.

President Trump has yet to sign an executive order to end the policy, which critics say incentivizes illegal immigration into the U.S.

Meanwhile, data from the U.S. Census Bureau shows a continuing decline in the U.S. birthrate. California and Texas were the only two states whose birthrates exceeded those of anchor babies across the nation in 2019.

This is the hidden content, please

38 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I have never understood why we allow a baby that is born to illegals in our country to automatically be a citizen.  The one thing the founding fathers got wrong.  

That was never the Founding Father's intent and there are plenty of opinions stated that verify that.

It has never made sense to me.  If someone is on vacation in the US from England and has a baby, is that baby entitled to US citizenship?

This is the hidden content, please

My friend's mom was a mexican citizen that visited family in texas. Then she went on a cruise out of Galveston. My friend was born on the ship, in international water. His birth certificate says he was born in galveston. He is an american citizen that graduated from high school. Works hard, makes good money, and sends half of it back to his family in mexico. I cant say I agree with the rules that allow this to happen. But he is a great friend and his life would have never been the same if he was in mexico.

2 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

My friend's mom was a mexican citizen that visited family in texas. Then she went on a cruise out of Galveston. My friend was born on the ship, in international water. His birth certificate says he was born in galveston. He is an american citizen that graduated from high school. Works hard, makes good money, and sends half of it back to his family in mexico. I cant say I agree with the rules that allow this to happen. But he is a great friend and his life would have never been the same if he was in mexico.

Good post and an example of how there are positive exceptions to every rule, but when you look at the numbers in Mack’s post, it becomes obvious we can’t keep going down this road.