Splendora 14 Lumberton 7/FINAL

WOSgrad

57 minutes ago, Longhorn Fan1 said:

I don't hate Babin he seems like a nice guy.  But let's be honest people keep saying stuff about his record and making the playoffs the only reason that has happened is because 4 out 6 teams go to the playoffs now which is ridiculous.  

Numbers don’t lie, he’s been the most successful coach in lumberton history, there is a reason why lumberton has made it only 5 times in over 50 year the guy deserves credit. 

Good Qbs aren’t developed by high school coaches. They have dads who groom them until they get to play for talented youth league coaches. Mix in heavy doses of private coaching, summer camps, and 7 on 7 and you could possibly end up with a decent high school qb. 
The days of the guy in Bike shorts with a clipboard, sunglasses, and a whistle noticing the tall sophomore tight end, plugging him in at qb, and collecting trophies are a myth. 
There are kids at Port Neches Elementary that just wrapped up STJFL and want nothing more than to be QB1 at PNG. There parents will give them everything that they need (except good genes, lol) to succeed as a qb one day. That doesn’t happen in BC, and it doesn’t happen in Lumberton. 
It’s no fun running draw plays out of the spread when your qb goes down and there is no decent backup. We’ve been there. 

10 minutes ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Numbers don’t lie, he’s been the most successful coach in lumberton history, there is a reason why lumberton has made it only 5 times in over 50 year the guy deserves credit. 

90+% wins over teams with losing records or lower class teams aren't exactly numbers worth much. Babin is a good guy. We all probably agree. But on the football side, he's very average at best. Watched alot of games over past years, most players that come in as freshmans, aren't much better when they are seniors. He doesn't develop players. Offense is so predictable. 2 years of 4A has been nice. Complained for years about being smallest 5A, were one of the biggest 4A.. Not much difference in results

4 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

90+% wins over teams with losing records or lower class teams aren't exactly numbers worth much. Babin is a good guy. We all probably agree. But on the football side, he's very average at best. Watched alot of games over past years, most players that come in as freshmans, aren't much better when they are seniors. He doesn't develop players. Offense is so predictable. 2 years of 4A has been nice. Complained for years about being smallest 5A, were one of the biggest 4A.. Not much difference in results

Question:  When did Lumberton win it's state championship?

15 minutes ago, Coach #23 said:

He had a very key role in developing those teams in 2007-2009. We had a lot of talent back then. Been a talent drought for a while. If Babin leaves y’all will find out that a new coach with a new system won’t be successful. Because it’s not the coaching it’s the town. Been like this for 50+ years but for some reason people think Babin should be able to snap his fingers and change that

15 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

This is probably gonna be correct, but we’ve got a week to go and if by some crazy chance BC beats Splendora next week, we take 4th and Splendora goes home, or am I missing something?

Honest question... that puts us both at 2-3 with us having a tiebreaker, IMO. 

Pretty big IF’s. That’s like saying if an earthquake destroys your cow pasture stadium will anyone care. The answer is no, but that if probably ain’t gonna happen. 

5 hours ago, Southeastxsports2020 said:

Coach babin is the best AD/football coach that lumberton has had, the guy is a work horse, he cares about the kids, and has done things at lumberton that know AD has done, I mean lumberton has made the playoffs 5 times in what 54 years and coach babin has done it 3 times as a head coach and 2 as an assistant at lumberton. What more do you want from the guy?? 

I also personally liked one of Babin’s assistant’s dad. Credeur was a good coach and an even better person. 

14 hours ago, L-Train11 said:

Lumberton is lacking in talent not coaching.

Lumberton has no true playmakers.

...when you add injuries to an already talent depleted team, this is what we get.

You are despicable. I remember you challenged me to talk to the coach personally about some comments I made about coaching. I did. Ask him. So I’m going to challenge you to do something (especially as the hometown, Raider lovin, kool aid drinkin fool that you are).

1. You go tell they players that they lack talent and have no playmakers. Do it at the field house in front of them.

2. Call each of their parents and talk to them about their untalented kids.

3. Don’t ever talk about a teenage kid doing his best, possibly playing with serious injury or playing on O, D & The Kicking game. 

Think you gut the guts to do that big boy? Or are you just a freakin coward behind a screen name. 

7 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You are despicable. I remember you challenged me to talk to the coach personally about some comments I made about coaching. I did. Ask him. So I’m going to challenge you to do something (especially as the hometown, Raider lovin, kool aid drinkin fool that you are).

1. You go tell they players that they lack talent and have no playmakers. Do it at the field house in front of them.

2. Call each of their parents and talk to them about their untalented kids.

3. Don’t ever talk about a teenage kid doing his best, possibly playing with serious injury or playing on O, D & The Kicking game. 

Think you gut the guts to do that big boy? Or are you just a freakin coward behind a screen name. 

Talking about talent, or lack thereof, is a little different than questioning the character of a coach and his decision making with a particular qb decision. Talent is god given mostly, but can be developed. Character is chosen by the individual. So saying that a team is not as talented as another team is not downing that team, it’s just the truth. Saying a coach made a stupid judgement call is challenge his intelligence and decision making, along with his desire to win games.

To answer your third point, I’ve never questioned the kids desire to win. As a matter of fact, my argument of us not being as talented means that’s why we lose games, not because of coaching or a lack of effort. The way i see it, we have a coaching staff that tries, and kids play their butts off. And we still lose. It is what it is.

I’m not hiding behind a screen name. The “11” is for the year I graduated. I’ve said on here several times that I was backup qb. Heck I’ve even said where i work. So if somebody really wanted to find out who I am then they could put two and two together. To save you some trouble, I’ll gladly post my first and last name for complete transparency if you’d like. And no, I’m not trying to be the “tough guy”, anybody who knows me knows I’m the exact opposite. I just have my opinion like you have yours.

15 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Talking about talent, or lack thereof, is a little different than questioning the character of a coach and his decision making with a particular qb decision. Talent is god given mostly, but can be developed. Character is chosen by the individual. So saying that a team is not as talented as another team is not downing that team, it’s just the truth. Saying a coach made a stupid judgement call is challenge his intelligence and decision making, along with his desire to win games.

To answer your third point, I’ve never questioned the kids desire to win. As a matter of fact, my argument of us not being as talented means that’s why we lose games, not because of coaching or a lack of effort. The way i see it, we have a coaching staff that tries, and kids play their butts off. And we still lose. It is what it is.

I’m not hiding behind a screen name. The “11” is for the year I graduated. I’ve said on here several times that I was backup qb. Heck I’ve even said where i work. So if somebody really wanted to find out who I am then they could put two and two together. To save you some trouble, I’ll gladly post my first and last name for complete transparency if you’d like. And no, I’m not trying to be the “tough guy”, anybody who knows me knows I’m the exact opposite. I just have my opinion like you have yours.

Coward. 

I want to apologize to L-Train11. 
I know this is gonna sound a little soft, especially coming from me, but I should not have called him a coward on the open forum. After some PM’s, I believe he was not expressing himself clearly and possibly was not doing what I accused him of. None of us should ever talk about those kids out there in a Grossly negative way. I thought he was. He told me he wasn’t. I choose to take him at his word. Once again, I apologize. 

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

I want to apologize to L-Train11. 
I know this is gonna sound a little soft, especially coming from me, but I should not have called him a coward on the open forum. After some PM’s, I believe he was not expressing himself clearly and possibly was not doing what I accused him of. None of us should ever talk about those kids out there in a Grossly negative way. I thought he was. He told me he wasn’t. I choose to take him at his word. Once again, I apologize. 

Hey man I appreciate that but no apology is needed! Like I told you privately and I’ll say here publicly, I appreciate you coming to the defense of the players. Those boys play their tails off and our community needs people supporting them, Lord knows we have enough haters. It’s my bad for making comments that weren’t clear.

Soft? Nah, takes a bigger man to do what you just did.

32 minutes ago, L-Train11 said:

Hey man I appreciate that but no apology is needed! Like I told you privately and I’ll say here publicly, I appreciate you coming to the defense of the players. Those boys play their tails off and our community needs people supporting them, Lord knows we have enough haters. It’s my bad for making comments that weren’t clear.

Soft? Nah, takes a bigger man to do what you just did.

I’m happy @L-Train11 and @SmashMouth have made up. Can we talk about football Friday? Y’all gonna make the game Friday or just gonna watch the score board ? 

On 11/2/2019 at 1:06 PM, SmashMouth said:

I also personally liked one of Babin’s assistant’s dad. Credeur was a good coach and an even better person. 

I personally liked him as well.  And look at how Lumberton treated him after the awesome 07 and 08 seasons, when he didn't have the same playmakers and things took a turn for the worse.  Same coach, same system, same work ethic but the teams went 3 seasons with only 1 win.  Was that poor coaching?  Wrong player at QB? Wrong Offense?  I'm sure some of these daddies on here would say it was those things.  I saw that man and his family get attacked on here and in the community worse than I've ever seen happen to a coach.  And people forget, Babin was the OC under Credeur calling plays during those 07 08 seasons.

The answers to figuring out how to win in a community like Lumberton are not easy answers to come by.  Credeur and Babin have done a pretty damn good job of developing young boys into men and trying to prepare them for a world that is not so kind.  I thought that is why we encouraged our kids to play sports like football in the first place.  It's not for scholarships or trophies because those things are largely out of our control.  Along the way, these 2 coaches both managed to have some really good seasons when they had some studs on the team.  I don't fault Babin for choosing this offense for this team.  I also don't fault him for the many times we get behind the chains with penalties.  I don't fault him for the kids getting hurt and having to finish a game with a 3rd string QB or finding a way to be competitive while missing your starting Center and NG for the last few games.  I'm not making excuses because these are all parts of the game.  But sometimes they contribute heavily to why we lose the game and we just have to deal with and make the best of the situation.  And sometimes we are just not as good as the other team and it's not anyone's fault.  Hopefully these kids come out of this high school experience as Scrappers with some fight in them.  That's what it's going to take to be successful when this short period of their life is over and they move on to the important stuff.