Which SE Team will go the deepest??

5A:

West Brook makes playoffs as #3 team altho' Spring and Baytown Sterling may have something to say about that (Kingwood and Humble clear 1 and 2). West Brook makes it to the 2nd round before being elminated. Look for Kingwood or Humble to advance to the regional final (I give Kingwood an edge with a repeat trip to Austin possible).

PA Memorial continues its 'tradition' of not making the playoffs and brings up the rear of a most difficult district.

4A

LCM, PNG and Nederland advance as no one else in this district is of the caliber of these 3 teams. Ozen is very young and may be 1 year away (also, this district will weaken significantly at the top in 2007 and 2008). Vidor and Lumberton don't advance although Nederland is (overall) in a down year for them (and they should remember what happened to them 2 years ago when Ozen did sneak in).

Nederland is eliminated after the 1st round. LCM and PNG last several rounds with bracketing determining who gets knocked out first. Sorry guys but I like Mongomery to win this Region and advance to Austin.

3A

Bridge City waltzes through with ease with WOS and either HJ or O-field as the 3rd rep from this district. It is (overall) a weak baseball district and both WOS and the 3rd place team are eliminated in round 1.

Jasper wins their district and Silsbee makes the playoffs. Silsbee goes out in the 1st round and Jasper in the 2nd (unless these teams get a very favorable bracket). Not much noise (play off wise) from this district.

Bridge City and Lufkin Hudson are the 2 best bets to make it to Austin out of this region with Barbers Hill a dark horse. They have a particularly solid group of underclassmen.

Let's not forget LCM beat Montgomery 11-0 in game 1 before lossing at Montgomery 4-3 and 5-4. LCM returns pretty much the same team but must replace Jaynes' big bat.

If the Bears get on a roll look out, but they must come together and play up to the hype.

I like BC to go a good distance but only if they find replacements for those quality kids they lost last year.

My opinion after seeing several of these teams last year, BC will be playing the longest. BC has the best pitcher in the GT. Nastiest curve ball I have seen in years. If the Hayman kid comes back as strong as he was before surgery I see them making another run to Austin.

I believe LCM will come out on top in 4A. I think their pitching staff will open lots of eyes this year.

Good Luck to all the teams.

I think everyone knows that Angelle and (a healthy) Haymon gives BC the best 1-2 punch in the Region (and the Triangle, for that matter). Incidentally, all reports are that Haymon is healthy. Their #3 is a pretty good pitcher in his own right in Stringer. Now for the questions:

1. They have lost some pretty significant talent in Hayes, Myers and Coulter.

2. BC will need Coleman to step in at SS (good player, by the way) and (most likely) soph. Jackson at C. Jackson can swing it pretty #@$# well but the question remains how well he will play defensively. Time will tell on that.

3. Offensively, they will move Dishon from bottom of order to top of order. If he plays up to his potential (and make no mistake about it -- he is the most projectible player in the area at either D-1 or MLB level), then BC will be potent. If not, they will be even more reliant on their pitching.

With all that being said, I'd bet a few bucks in Vegas on BC going back to Austin. There are other really good teams in the region (Hudson, Jasper, for example) but no one has the quality that BS has on the mound. Its still true -- pitching wins.

Again I completely agree with MIF04 about BC and the questions that need to be answered, and if they are look out for the Cardinals.........but what about the one thing we have overlooked????????

Pressure- TEAM PRESSURE The pressure of knowing you are ranked #1 in the state, the pressure of everyone giving you there best.

Pressure- Indiviual Pressure Reading all the press clippings and possible getting a little uneasy.

Can BC Handle the PRESSURES that go along with the distinct #1 ranking:

I think so, Coach Bryant is about as laid back as they come and he is from the old school, played under the Great Chuck Young.

I have also stated that if the Talent LCM has with it's 8 returning starters gets on a role and starts playing any where close to their ability......LOOK OUT!!!!!

Same could be said for PNG.

Injury bug- Remember it is the one thing that can take a team down fast, reports out of PNG indicate Blake B. is on his way back.....but also that they have lost Bryce Burnett for the season. Shoulder injury from FB.

LCM and BC could only be 1 injury away from tons of ?????????????

If BC were to lose Angelle or LCM lose Ehlert, then both teams would be in significantly worse shape than they are. Do I think (should the unthinkable happen) these teams won't make the playoffs? No. But their playoff run will be a lot shorter. From an injury standpoint, PNG could best handle the loss of a pitcher BUT if Buchanan doesn't bounce back then that WILL BE trouble for the Indians.

As far as pressure, there is no question that can play a role but this BC team has been there, done that last year. I think there is an equal amount of outside pressure being applied at LCM (on a rival forum, this has been called 'the greatest LCM team ever' -- not that I agree, but that does 'raise expectations'. That is especially true when you realize (as coaches and players at LCM do) that this HAS TO be their year because the cupboard is bare for the next couple of years.

Pressure? Its part of the game. So are injuries but I hope and pray that doesn't play a role this year. And (since I mentioned them by name), that prayer goes 'extra strong' out to Kevin and Clayton -- they're not only quality players...they're quality people. Stay healthy !!!!

5A:

West Brook makes playoffs as #3 team altho' Spring and Baytown Sterling may have something to say about that (Kingwood and Humble clear 1 and 2). West Brook makes it to the 2nd round before being elminated. Look for Kingwood or Humble to advance to the regional final (I give Kingwood an edge with a repeat trip to Austin possible).

PA Memorial continues its 'tradition' of not making the playoffs and brings up the rear of a most difficult district.

4A

LCM' date=' PNG and Nederland advance as no one else in this district is of the caliber of these 3 teams. Ozen is very young and may be 1 year away (also, this district will weaken significantly at the top in 2007 and 2008). Vidor and Lumberton don't advance although Nederland is (overall) in a down year for them (and they should remember what happened to them 2 years ago when Ozen did sneak in).

Nederland is eliminated after the 1st round. LCM and PNG last several rounds with bracketing determining who gets knocked out first. Sorry guys but I like Mongomery to win this Region and advance to Austin.

3A

Bridge City waltzes through with ease with WOS and either HJ or O-field as the 3rd rep from this district. It is (overall) a weak baseball district and both WOS and the 3rd place team are eliminated in round 1.

Jasper wins their district and Silsbee makes the playoffs. Silsbee goes out in the 1st round and Jasper in the 2nd (unless these teams get a very favorable bracket). Not much noise (play off wise) from this district.

Bridge City and Lufkin Hudson are the 2 best bets to make it to Austin out of this region with Barbers Hill a dark horse. They have a particularly solid group of underclassmen.[/quote']sry mif04 i agree with you on some parts but i think the thing about the 4a distric will be weak at 2007 2008 is pushing it when you say weak nederland will be strong and png will be strong also i think they will step it up

First, I meant it would weaken (not necessarily be weak) and that would allow a team like Ozen to sneak in as a playoff team in 07 or 08.

Second, the facts are these:

1. LCM will lose their entire pitching staff and nearly every varsity player they have to graduation (except C Jake Rowell). With a team this good, and losing the talent they will, the Bears will be weaker.

2. PNG loses their top 4 pitchers (i.e., their entire pitching staff) and the best C in the area (Buchanan). Not too many other pitchers will see varsity time on the hill this year. Again, by definition, that means they'll be weaker. True, there is talent remaining on the Reservation with INF Kris Hearn and youngsters like Flores, Domingues, Harrington and Carnahan -- but (with the exception of Hearn) there's not a lot of varsity experience there.

3. Nederland did have the top JV team last year and that does bode well for them in coming years. It remains to be seen, however, whether JV success equals varsity success.

The word you seized on (weaken) means no disrespect. It simply recognizes that (a) there is a lot of talent in 20-4A this year and (B) it'll be gone after graduation.

You guys are correct that LCM will graduate 12 seniors. I remember in 1997 when Hale and his 11 classmates graduated everyone saying the Bears were done for a couple of years.

In 1998 Big Ned played them in the region III finals.

I remember in 1999 LCM graduated 12 more seniors.

In 2000, with an entirely new line up, they played the NDN's in the region III finals.

You should never count out the schools like the LCM's, the PNG's, and the Nederlands.

They will always find a way to put good team on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

i think lcm or png goes the farthest, bc has pitching, but they lost some BIG bats, i disagree that they will waltz through the district, they will have a tough time with hardin jefferson with roebuck on the mound, it will be a good matchup angelle vs. roebuck

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder