Nederland @ Beaumont United

Alpha Wolf

1 hour ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

"That running back was probably 220 pounds and he was moving and he took him head on.   That takes guts. That's brave."  

-  St. Pius X coach Billy Noonan about a St. Pius defender trying to tackle United RB James Wilson

(Source, Vype Houston)

He needs to recruit better defenders. 

34 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

How did yall passing game do vs. WO-S?

It got better as the game went on.. rough start at first but what do you expect week 1 jitters and especially against chain gang defense of WOS... WR’s need to catch the ball when it’s there. What’s  so special and I believe will hurt teams is biting on the play action.. and if teams are so set on stopping the run against us they better watch out for that pass. This is one of the bigger Oline for Nederland in years past and we finally have something that hasn’t been there ever but maybe for one or two players is speed... not saying whole team is fast but we have several more then ever that will keep up and If underestimated will house it.  

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

It got better as the game went on.. rough start at first but what do you expect week 1 jitters and especially against chain gang defense of WOS... WR’s need to catch the ball when it’s there. What’s  so special and I believe will hurt teams is biting on the play action.. and if teams are so set on stopping the run against us they better watch out for that pass. This is one of the bigger Oline for Nederland in years past and we finally have something that hasn’t been there ever but maybe for one or two players is speed... not saying whole team is fast but we have several more then ever that will keep up and If underestimated will house it.  

Sounds about what United wants to do.  If Nederland has a big Line, then that makes it harder to stop.   No matter how you slice it,  this will be a heck of a game..

12 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Sounds about what United wants to do.  If Nederland has a big Line, then that makes it harder to stop.   No matter how you slice it,  this will be a heck of a game..

Lack of Experience right now.. we have a big oline with not many Varsity starts.. I wanna say 1 sophomore RT the rest 4 seniors but only 2 were returning starters the center was a back up last year and one of the guards was on JV beat out a sophomore in camp.. Nguyen is the best lineman we have at LT.  every week they have improved and jell. Barrow put a great 2 scrimmages, and the 3 non district games to make his players grow fast in a hurry. After playing WOS you can always see the team responds back great. Last week was like a playoff game at Bulldog stadium. I expect no different Thursday night at the Butch. 

27 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Lack of Experience right now.. we have a big oline with not many Varsity starts.. I wanna say 1 sophomore RT the rest 4 seniors but only 2 were returning starters the center was a back up last year and one of the guards was on JV beat out a sophomore in camp.. Nguyen is the best lineman we have at LT.  every week they have improved and jell. Barrow put a great 2 scrimmages, and the 3 non district games to make his players grow fast in a hurry. After playing WOS you can always see the team responds back great. Last week was like a playoff game at Bulldog stadium. I expect no different Thursday night at the Butch. 

Gonna be a battle in the trenches.  The whole D-Line are seniors I believe and they get after it.   Our secondary was tested pretty good last game and they responded well.  I don't think Nederland  will have anything we haven't  seen in our last two scrimmages and last game. I guess coaching is the only thing that were not talking about.  Our coaching  has been better this year,  but I don't think it's better than you guys.  I hope I'm wrong thia game, or it'll be VERY close all the way to the end.