Best Player And Teams Of All Time?

Guest Ozen

Guest DickVitale

In SE Texas....

Best Players:

1.  Stephen Jackson - PA Lincoln 95* (Oak Hill Academy 96)

2.  BJ Tyler - PA Lincoln 89

3.  Kendrick Perkins - Beaumont Ozen 03

4.  Daimon Sweet - Beaumont Central 88

5.  Omar Sneed - Beaumont West Brook 95

6.  Immanuel McElroy - PA Lincoln 98

7.  Luke Jackson - Beaumont West Brook 91

8.  Bryan Sallier - PA Lincoln 86

9.  Andre Boutte - Beaumont Hebert 81

10.  Kelvin McKyer - PA Lincoln 91

Best SE Texas Teams:

1.  1986 PA Lincoln

2.  2001 Beaumont Ozen

3.  1981 Beaumont Hebert

4.  1995 PA Lincoln

5.  1991 PA Lincoln

PERIOD.  ;)

No, it's not over. I would have to put Silsbee's McDonalds All-American Darryl " Boogaloo " McArthur on that top ten player list. After finishing his senior season he was in the top 20 all time scoring leaders in the state, all classification, with over 2500 points.

Uhhh...no ;D...Don't be such a "homer" ;)...You know that he was not better than the guys on my list, man!!

He was better than Boutte and McKyer for sure. Heck, Boutte wasn't even the best player on his high school team. Donald Mickens was the better of those two.

Guest DickVitale

Donald Mickens was actually on my original list....good call...but pound for pound I had to go with Boutte, then McKyer....Mickens is probably 11, with "Boogaloo" from Silsbee around 13 or 14...

Guest WB42

What happen to B.B. Davis, Kenneth Perkins, Conally Brown, Anthony Allen, Dexter Wallace, and Leonard Allen.  You must not have been watching in the 70's and ealy 80's.

Guest DickVitale

Allen is probably the only guy on that list that I struggled with not placing in the top 10...I am up on the old school!!  ;) B.B. Davis blossomed at Lamar....was not top ten during HS years..maybe top 20, though.

No, it's not over. I would have to put Silsbee's McDonalds All-American Darryl " Boogaloo " McArthur on that top ten player list. After finishing his senior season he was in the top 20 all time scoring leaders in the state, all classification, with over 2500 points.

Aggies

I agree McArthur was a top 10

Remember the showdowns with Bay City and LaBradford Smith

I would even throw Dexter Wallace among that group

Also not a true scorer I would put Ferrell Artis as one of the best true point guards to ever come out of SE Tx

Donald Mickens was actually on my original list....good call...but pound for pound I had to go with Boutte, then McKyer....Mickens is probably 11, with "Boogaloo" from Silsbee around 13 or 14...

Pound for Pound??? This isn't boxing. Besides, Mickens and Boutte were about the same size.

Really this is nothing to get bent out of shape over. It's just one man's opinion poll, nothing official about that. Obviously, there are several other players worthy of being on a top ten poll from this area.

Aggies

I agree McArthur was a top 10

Remember the showdowns with Bay City and LaBradford Smith

I would even throw Dexter Wallace among that group

Also not a true scorer I would put Ferrell Artis as one of the best true point guards to ever come out of SE Tx

You are right Jay, Ferrel " Pokey " Artis was one of the best true point guards from this area. But I would have to put Silsbee's David " Bugs " Green ahead of him.

Keena Young was a better player in HS than Perkins was.

I also think that the Harris kid was better than Stephen Jackson at Lincoln in the mid 90's.

There are some of these folks I never saw play, But McElroy at Lincoln was the best player I have ever seen play in HS around here.

Guest orangeman

Keith Harris is who you are referring to at Lincoln in the mid 90's. He was a stud, but even back then everyone knew Jackson was better. Heck... Harris didn't even make much of an impact at Tulane... much less the NBA. I will say that watching Harris and Jackson together during the '94 - '95 season was pretty special... especially when you throw in that left handed PG that played with them. Last name might have been Comeaux, but not sure.

Guest DickVitale

Spencer Comeaux aka "scoobie" ;)....

Gram ma ma... KT (Keena) was a perfect role player in high school and blossomed in college, but he was NOT better than Kendrick.  KT was a good kid, that did not care who got the attention, he just wanted to win ...and we did!

I know Shelbyville isn't exactly SE Texas but would

have to include Jeff Chumbley. He led the Dragons to

a 32-1 season and state title in 82 (as a sophomore) and a 33-0

season and state title in 84 and was named all-tournament

both years. And only a 3 point loss to Gladewater Sabine's

final four team deep in the 83 playoffs kept them from a

possible three-peat.

Guest DickVitale

Yes he was, as a matter of fact he was a 3 time all state player....He played his ROLE (not roll) ;) on our team to perfection.  Thats why he was a 3 time all-state player...Kendrick was player of the year in 2001, but he could not have done it without his TEAM.... ;)

Although both Ferrell Artis and David Green were great point gaurds out of Silsbee, neither was "the best" to play there. That distinction belongs to James Simmons who graduated in the early 70's and started 4 seasons at Rice. Also it seems Thad Sanders should have been mentioned before at least one of the Lincoln players on the earlier list... :)

Although both Ferrell Artis and David Green were great point gaurds out of Silsbee, neither was "the best" to play there. That distinction belongs to James Simmons who graduated in the early 70's and started 4 seasons at Rice. Also it seems Thad Sanders should have been mentioned before at least one of the Lincoln players on the earlier list... :)

I agree. I posted that I would put David ahead of Ferrell, but didn't mean that he was the best point guard from Silsbee. James Simmons was by far the better point guard, one of the best ever players to come out of Silsbee. I still say Darrell McArthur was the best, he just never did anything after high school.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124