*Coach Of The Year?*

Guest Bulldog

If Coach Bryant gets the Cardinals to Austin it would be hard not to honor the man with Coach of the Year.

Now, someone had posted earlier that BC's team was inexperienced, I question that logic.

Most baseball teams are built up the middle, Catcher-SS-CF-2B-P. In those 5 positions we have Casey Jackson © one the most dangerous sticks , Matt Hicks (SS) fresh phenom, Troy Bolton (2B) I believe toughest out in the area, Jeff Stringer (P) Div 1 pitcher, and Johnny Dishon (BC) Div 1 CF, possible draft choice.

Does anyone 1A-5A in a 100 mile radius of BC have any better talent?  

I agree with you. :)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

injun, what level did you coach?

No High school ball if that it what your asking..Coached from 5 year olds to 16 year olds in colt league...Not to brag but at least a few that I have had the pleasure of coaching, have made to the College level....How about you??

Let's make sure we understand this TOPIC, it is nominations for COACH OF THE YEAR.......

That means you put down who you think should win and why, NOT why some other COACH should LOOSE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Move on to who you think deserves it and leave the other BS out:

Now my turn:

Small School- Coach Hooker

Large School- Coach Green

Overall: Coach Griff...how in the heck did you pull that off??? Great job!

baseball payed for my education, 4 years of college baseball, walked on as a freshmen and was all conference as a senior....

WOW... That is some feat..How old of a guy are you? I should be able to figure out who you are .. I only know of that happening once or twice in this area..

SHADOW = COACH BILLY BRYANT

Just another example of someone running their mouth when they have no clue. Billy didn't walk on. Your moderator told you to move on but you had to show everyone your ignorrance.

Coach of the year should be the Coach who truly cares about his players.  A coach who goes the extra mile to help the kids play at the next level. Not a coach that tells his players "nobody helped me and that's not my job" to help you find a college.

Coach of the year speaks to college coaches, scouts and anybody else interested in their players.  He does not hide behind a desk, refuse phone calls, refuse to fill out letters and keep letters from the players for the stupid reason "it might hurt the team as a whole".  He does not berate his players because attention is brought to their abilities. 

It doesn't matter how many  times you win your district, go to the playoffs, go to Austin if you stand in the way of a player succeeding and refuse to help the player...you should be FIRED.

My vote goes to Griff at LCM.  Helps all his players and is man of enough to not let his ego get in the way of their future.

Coach of the year should be the Coach who truly cares about his players.  A coach who goes the extra mile to help the kids play at the next level. Not a coach that tells his players "nobody helped me and that's not my job" to help you find a college.

Coach of the year speaks to college coaches, scouts and anybody else interested in their players.  He does not hide behind a desk, refuse phone calls, refuse to fill out letters and keep letters from the players for the stupid reason "it might hurt the team as a whole".  He does not berate his players because attention is brought to their abilities. 

It doesn't matter how many  times you win your district, go to the playoffs, go to Austin if you stand in the way of a player succeeding and refuse to help the player...you should be FIRED.

My vote goes to Griff at LCM.  Helps all his players and is man of enough to not let his ego get in the way of their future.

I like this reply...Coach Griff is a very good Teacher of the game. I'd like to hang around and read some more of these guys "Expert Oppinions" but I'm going to watch a ballgame...By the way Shadow I didnt' know you had to be a coach to post "AN OPINION" on this message board

Wow, I can't believe people would knock someone that has been to 2 consecutive state tourneys and possibly a 3rd depending on the Carthage series.  I promise you that every other school in the state or for that matter the country. Would be extremly happy to have a coach that has been this succesful. 

I have to admit, I did not agree with Coach Bryant getting the job do circumstance with in the school board.  But You have to give the guy some credit.  He has done a hell of a job and I have no complaints. 

If he gets coach of the year are not. He probably could care less.  Im sure he is just worried about the next game in front of him. 

I did not play for him but I have talked to some former players of his.  Not a one of them had anything negative to say about him.  He may not be the best interviewer or sound like he knows what he is talking about but his record sure does and thats what really matters. 

Wow, I can't believe people would knock someone that has been to 2 consecutive state tourneys and possibly a 3rd depending on the Carthage series.  I promise you that every other school in the state or for that matter the country. Would be extremly happy to have a coach that has been this succesful.   

I have to admit, I did not agree with Coach Bryant getting the job do circumstance with in the school board.  But You have to give the guy some credit.  He has done a heck of a job and I have no complaints.   

If he gets coach of the year are not. He probably could care less.  Im sure he is just worried about the next game in front of him. 

I did not play for him but I have talked to some former players of his.  Not a one of them had anything negative to say about him.  He may not be the best interviewer or sound like he knows what he is talking about but his record sure does and thats what really matters. 

You just haven't talked to enough of his former players

Hmmm.. I wonder who occupant is talking about

in times of extreme emotion people develop tunnel vision ,, this is a perfect example of perceived injustices or prejudice,, who can i blame , it has to be the coach, getting or not getting a baseball scholarship stops noone, its just an easy excuse to quit, tryout somewhere,every college out there has a fall program. Like i said before my scholarship came after i played in the fall but then again i sent out about 200 athletic resume's my junior and senior year in high school asking for a tryout i didn't wait on the coach to do anything. 

as for occupant--- he is playing out his own little agenda.. how does he know any of that information -- the usual answer will be -- i was told that..

Well, Injun since it seems that you dislike everyone and your son must have set the bench.   Who would you vote for?

I have already cast my vote early on this subject, Mixon from Jasper. I also think Griff from LC-M would be a good choice.. I don't have and never had a kid playing ball in Bridge City. I just know what I am seeing now and what I have seen in the past. if you are not in the "Click" you are apt to get the run around, that is the bottom line...

I think enough has been discussed whether Coach Bryant should be coach of the year. The year is not over and the team has several games ahead of them to win. It does not matter who has coached where or what records they have achieved. What truly matters is Coach Bryant and his staff having these young men ready to play Thursday and Saturday! No matter what his actions are on the field he is not going to please everyone in the community. One thing that needs to be rembered is actions and words have an influence on these young men and will be carried with them throughout life. His job is to teach these young men how to play the game, to win and lose. This is a job and everyone is not going to agree with all the decisions he makes (Including myself), so let him perform his job and have these young men ready to beat Carthage.

Good Luck Cards!!!!!!!!

I heard something about Coach Billy Bryant throwing away A scholarship letter that he got in the mail from McNeese State Universitythat was  for on his players on the 2005team that was on Varsity...after that he told the kid that he wasn't good enough to play there  after he put the letter in the trash can....The boy was really really ticked and that's what started to get kids to bash on COach Bryant...... THe next year the kid didn't play his Senior Year of baseball because of what happened.....So Bryant has at least kept one kid from going to college and a year of high school......... >:(

I like this reply...Coach Griff is a very good Teacher of the game. I'd like to hang around and read some more of these guys "Expert Oppinions" but I'm going to watch a ballgame...By the way Shadow I didnt' know you had to be a coach to post "AN OPINION" on this message board

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder