Southlake Carroll Season Tickets Going for $660

Tradition is the key word...

Going to highschool at PNG in the 1980's the football team wanted to be in the playoffs so badly.  There were several reasons for this, but for me it was to give the kids in elementary the same experience we had watching Doug Etheridge lead the Indians into the dome and playing in front of thousands and thousands.  This is where you build the tradition with the elementary kids seeing their future highschool winning with the full communities backing.  By failing in 1980 (by losing to TJ's Dodge and Duhon team) and then in 1983 (losing to Westbrook & then the heartbreaker to TJ at the end) we felt like we let the whole community down, not just us and the coaches.  I was so glad that PNG finally made it to a state title game again in the 90's, and darn right, I was in the crowd.  In the 1970's there were several games that PNG did not have the speed or the talent to even be on the field with the opposition, but the tradition of winning and playing for community pride were enough to put us over the top.  A good coach can win a state championship or two, but a great coach builds the tradition in the program that will last well after he leaves.

Guest WBFan09

I'm gonna go tell Stump that he needs to set us up a game against South Lake Carroll...on our terf...that way we can charge them 100 bucks to get in and they wouldnt have a problem with that...and BISD will finally have some money

that is correct. Texas City's running back is the reigning state champion in many Class 4A events. But it did not help them win this game. He definitely showed his speed on the second play of the game.

check out the link below. ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5768189561000867471&hl=en

he was saying they don't have any speed and that they don't need it to win.

that is correct. Texas City's running back is the reigning state champion in many Class 4A events. But it did not help them win this game. He definitely showed his speed on the second play of the game.

check out the link below. ;)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5768189561000867471&hl=en

Hey Coog - good to see you over here on the east side - but watch yourself  - these GT boys can get a little testy at time  ;D !

We all have one common interest. We  love high school football.  That is what makes it so much fun when we have to put on our boots.  The sh*t sometimes get pretty thick. 

You guys seem like a good group.  I have been checking out a number of your threads.  I think I can hang in here pretty well.  Mixing it up with them boys from the greater Houston area and the Dallas-Ft.Worth has toughened me up pretty good.

thanks for the generosity, I appreciate it. ;D

Hey Coog - good to see you over here on the east side - but watch yourself  - these GT boys can get a little testy at time  ;D !

Just a question...

do the students or even student-athletes (in other sports) pay or do they get in free?

Just wondering because I know back in the day, students who participated in any extra-curricular activities were given a student pass and allowed in all games (except play-off games) for free.  I wish that they would go back to that, but some school districts can't afford it...I guess.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124