Silsbee 124 Hamshire-Fannett 57/FINAL

WOSgrad

Yea, McCain was in street clothes and didn't play but was very vocal from the bench.  Injury and was sat out like a previous poster stated.  

H-F scored 50 because the bench played a lot. H-F was a me to score a lot vs them, much to  the disappointment of Coach Sig.  Adams scored 57 points in limited time.  H-F had no one that could come even remotely close to checking him.  Dunk count was 2-0, both dunks by Adams.  

Bench has some kids that can go and I'm glad they're getting all these minutes in district play.  I have a feeling this playoff run, were gonna lean on those guys in the later playoff games.  

Shout out to the H-F fans and players for hospitality.  First time at H-F gym for a basketball game.  

Even if I didn't have to work late, I wouldn't have went to this one. Games like this do Silsbee no good.

I don't like a running clock from the start. You're waving the white flag before the game even begins. Yeah, I know, HF was getting beat down anyways. Them kids need to fight hard for at least one half. Try something, anything. I think a drop to 3A is needed for them, but I don't know the school population. Dropping down worked out pretty well for Orangefield.

Hope Devon is alright and has no serious issues.

11 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Even if I didn't have to work late, I wouldn't have went to this one. Games like this do Silsbee no good.

I don't like a running clock from the start. You're waving the white flag before the game even begins. Yeah, I know, HF was getting beat down anyways. Them kids need to fight hard for at least one half. Try something, anything. I think a drop to 3A is needed for them, but I don't know the school population. Dropping down worked out pretty well for Orangefield.

Hope Devon is alright and has no serious issues.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I didn't notice a running clock.  

Mr. Adams was a monster tonight.  Inside, outside, defense, the complete package.  There's no question that baring injuries the Tigers will be ready for the postseason.  Which means of course, being ready for Yates.  As Forest Gump said, "Aaaginn."  And they will need to be ready.  Judging from the clips Yates is perhaps even better than last year.  Unless the Hawks can pull off an upset against Yates?  Those two will probably meet in the 3rd round.  It's possible?  No?  Tuesday's game will be an indicator anyway.

The bench had a few rough minutes in the first quarter by by the end of the game they were doing well.  Next year will be very interesting.  We're going to be almost tiny unless some kids have some serious growth spurts.  Competing against elite 5A and 6A teams with centers and true power forwards in the preseason is going to be tough.  Even with Adams and McCain the Tigers are often outmanned at the bigger venues.  It' a big question mark.  

HF had its moments tonight as well.  They played much better than they did in Silsbee.  The Tiger starters were having a good night too.  The Longhorns scored 18 points in the first quarter, most of it came against the Tiger bench of course.  But they did have their fans on their feet.  So the 57 pts was no joke.  As I said most of it came against the bench but they did hit a couple of 3's and finished a few times against the starters.  Questionable passing was, as usual, their downfall.  But when they had a shot they took it, which they weren't doing in Silsbee.  Their freshman team looked pretty good.  They beat the short handed Tiger freshmen by about 10.

They didn't run the clock, the Longhorns were scoring often enough that it wasn't necessary.