*West Brook 7 Sterling 4 Final/Monday*

Tim ferguson hit a homerun to get the ball rolling for WB in the 3rd or 4th inning, all made possible b/c Ferguson missed a sac bunt!!! Bruins eventually scored five that inning. Mark Serna's at bat before Tim's HR was about 12 pitches long that ended in a single to left, which rattled Cervanka and led to the HR. Josiah Svoboda pitched another great game for the Brook tonight, getting rattled in the 4th and 5th, but ended strong for WB and gets the win. If WB wins out, it will be first district title since 95'. Keep the wins coming Bruins.

By the way, after putting the first two runners on in the seventh, Murphy came right back with three k's against some of the best hitters in the Houston area to close out the game. Great job David!!!

Very nice job by Bruins (although helped tremendously by Sterling miscues, walks, etc).  An outstanding job of pitching by Josiah Svoboda with 7th inning relief from David Murphy.

Sterling  0  0  0  1  1  2  0  =  4  6  5

WB        0  1  0  5  0  1  x  =  7  3  2

WP - J. Svoboda (6 IP, 6 H, 8 K, 3 BB)

SV  - Murphy (1 IP, 0 H, 3 K)

HR - Ferguson

Murphy 0-2, 2 BB

Lycan 0-2, 2 BB

Serna 1-3, SAC, 1 R, 1 RBI

Ferguson 1-3, HBP, 1 R, 2 RBI

Armstrong 1-2, BB, 2 R

Wallace 0-3

Fisher 0-2, BB

Schwarzlose 0-2, BB, 1 RBI

Falgout 0-3, 2 R

The Bruins now hold a 1 game lead in 21-5A and travel to Pt. Arthur on Friday night to face the Memorial Titans.

How do you figure good pitching last nite, although they did give up less BBs, WB was outhit, from what I see, walks and errows was the deciding factor. Take away the walks and errows from both and I wonder what the outcome would have been. Its good to be able to captilize on the other teams mistakes and here THAT was the deciding factor >>bottom line. Surely I'll get flamed from the west end (better than you) cheerleaders but that is and has been par for 20+yrs Typical westenditus.

It's called BASEBALL!!!...............take away walks and errors and your no longer playing baseball..........ALL PART OF THE GAME.........those walkes might have been hits......who knows..........And I would say the pitching for the Brook was good last night even though they were out hit..............that just means the pitchers TCB when they had to....................stick that in your sons trophy case.......... ;D

643, if you have ever seen a baseball game played without any errors, walks, or hits from both sides let me know...I would love to know which sport you are watching because it definately isn't baseball. And by the way, Josiah Svoboda pitched 3 innings of perfect baseball with 5 k's for WB, I guess that is where the good pitching came in. Murphy also closed the game for the Brook by striking out the side. but I forgot, he did walk 1 batter so that isn't good pitching.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed