22-4A playoff picks

Guest vinnyt

Guest vinnyt

This district has seen alot of shuffling around considering LCM's consistancy, Nederland's two-faced season, Vidor's fight to stay alive, PNG's recent struggles, Dayton's ups and downs, and Central-Ozen-Lumberton's chance to ruin someone's season. With 2 weeks left, what three teams are still standing when the smoke clears?

Teams still in the hunt.....

LC-M Bears (8-2)

PN-G Indians (8-2)

Vidor Pirates (6-3)

Nederland Bulldogs (6-4)

Dayton Broncos (5-4)

Remaining Games......

LC-M: Dayton, @ Nederland, Lumberton, @ Vidor

PN-G: Lumberton, @ Vidor, Central, @ Dayton

Vidor: @ Dayton, @ Central, PN-G, @ Ozen, LC-M

Nederland: @ Ozen, LC-M, Dayton, @ Lumberton

Dayton: Vidor, @ LC-M, Central, @ Nederland, PN-G

Dayton is on the outside of this group.  They have the toughest schedule left to play(Vidor, LCM, Central, Nederland, and PNG).  Especially since the postponed Friday game against Vidor will put a strain on pitching with a three game week possibly facing Vidor, LCM, and Central. 

Since Vidor has to play a three game week, they too will have a strain put on pitching.  If it is made up this week it means they play PNG, Central, and Dayton.  That's a tough three game week.

PNG and LCM have similar remaining schedules.  The big difference is LCM has to go to Nederland and PNG will have Central at home.  The LCM @ Nederland could decide first place between LCM and PNG.

Nederland has the easiest remaining schedule with the two of their remaining games being against the bottom two teams in the district. 

Ozen could be the spoiler.

In the end:  LCM, PNG, and Nederland make it.  I don't think any of the teams make it far in the playoffs unless their play get's more consistent.  Nederland and LCM have made strides lately towards the consistency it will take to get past the first round. 

And yet again, Dog24's incompetence speaks loudly.  A little information might help you: Once you get in the playoffs anything, and I mean anything can happen! Maybe you're still a little sour about your lackluster high school career. Show a little confidence in these area teams and back them up whoever the 3 may be. Geez.

LoveoftheGame, Don't make it personal.  Yes anything can happen, but the play by all teams has been a little inconsistent this year.  I will be cheering whoever makes it and hope anything does happen that benefits the district.  Opinions on the playoffs were asked.  I gave mine and will respect yours. 

Any predictions on who survives to the postseason, Bobcatfan4life?

Very tough to call. Of the top 2, PN-G in my opinion has the easier finish than LC-M. LC-M still has to go to Nederland and Vidor while PNG's toughest remaining game should be the road trip to Vidor on Saturday. Vidor lucks out and has PNG and LCM at home and not on the road in the next two weeks. I do think Dayton is the team that doesn't get in......The Vidor at Dayton game Monday will be huge.

1. PNG or LCM

3. Nederland or Vidor

PNG (10-4)

LCM (10-4)

Dayton (8-6)

Nederland (8-6)

Central (8-6)

Vidor (6-8)

Ozen (5-9)

Lumberton (0-14)

I think this is how district is going to end up, IMO, from what has been happening latley.... :o

QUESTION: what would have to be done if something like this was to happen????

PNG (10-4)

LCM (10-4)

Dayton (8-6)

Nederland (8-6)

Central (8-6)

Vidor (6-8)

Ozen (5-9)

Lumberton (0-14)

I think this is how district is going to end up, IMO, from what has been happening latley.... :o

PNG, LCM, and Vidor are going....

Jags arnt a good enough team to sneak into the playoffs..... Nederland could though, we'll just wait and see.

Sorry Jags but I don't see this happening either but I will answer your question.  There would be a 3 team playoff.  Some type of coin flip with the winner getting a by.  The other two teams would play on Saturday then the winner would play the team that won the coin toss (probably right after the first game).  The winner of that game is in the playoffs.

PNG (10-4)

LCM (10-4)

Dayton (8-6)

Nederland (8-6)

Central (8-6)

Vidor (6-8)

Ozen (5-9)

Lumberton (0-14)

Wow you couldn't have missed this any worse!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami