Dayton vs Vidor???

If WOS and OF can play today, why can't Vidor and Dayton? 

I went to the UIL website and read the rules on make up games. 

The next availible date for WOS and OF was Monday. 

Why is the next availible date not Monday for Vidor and Dayton?

Although our local districts chose to play Fri/Sat, many districts in Texas chose to play Thurs/Sat.

With Thursday being an option for some schools in Texas, why is Thursday not the next availble date for these two local teams?

Great point magic.  I have wondered the same thing.  Surely our coaches are fighting for this.  Anything is better for our boys than Fri, Sat, Mon, Tues, Fri.  We have the best team we have had in years and years, and our right on the brink of the playoffs.  Our coaches have to get us in position to have a chance over this last two weeks.  I say lets play today.

If WOS and OF can play today, why can't Vidor and Dayton? 

I went to the UIL website and read the rules on make up games. 

The next availible date for WOS and OF was Monday. 

Why is the next availible date not Monday for Vidor and Dayton?

Although our local districts chose to play Fri/Sat, many districts in Texas chose to play Thurs/Sat.

With Thursday being an option for some schools in Texas, why is Thursday not the next availble date for these two local teams?

It's up to the Principal!!!!

How about one of the parents who are on the school board or have some pull give Hancock a call.  Unless it is Dayton who is slow playing again.  I believe our people could get it done.  My guess is Dayton's coach needs until Friday to find his hat after the loss to Ozen.

My guess is that Dayton is feeling like they went from the frying pan to the fire on this one.  I may be wrong but I feel like they could have played this game on Friday but they needed Dewey to get another days rest.  Then it rained Saturday and now they could be in a real bind.  Four games in five days and five games in eight days.

Last time there was a rain out and a Saturday game Dewey threw 18 innings in 7 days.  I feel like for them to win he will have to throw more than that this go round and somebody else will have to step up big for the broncos. 

Good luck all teams this week!

How about one of the parents who are on the school board or have some pull give Hancock a call.  Unless it is Dayton who is slow playing again.  I believe our people could get it done.  My guess is Dayton's coach needs until Friday to find his hat after the loss to Ozen.

Why would they call Hancock??...he's not the baseball coach. Craus is. 

I am baffled by this situation. I understand they wouldn't want to play at 7 tonight. Why not a 4 o'clock start like someone else suggested. I bet Diamond-J knows the scoop.

Guest Pirate V Ball

Game should have been played on Thursday. Principal won't let us play Monday. Now we have to wait and play Friday Saturday Monday Tuesday.  >:(

Why would they call Hancock??...he's not the baseball coach. Craus is. 

I am baffled by this situation. I understand they wouldn't want to play at 7 tonight. Why not a 4 o'clock start like someone else suggested. I bet Diamond-J knows the scoop.

Some of you Dayton people really critized me when I had some info wrong about the Ozen game, but I will not respond in like kind.  I believe I was called clueless.  Hancock is the head principal at our school.  But like I said I doubt that is the problem.

Guest Pirate V Ball

Yea he won't let us play today (Monday). So now us and Dayton are screwed having to play all those games in just a few days. Like i said earlier it could have and should have been played last Thursday but Dayton said no.

I am trying to figure out how it should have been played last Thursday.  Ozen and Dayton played Tuesday.  Did Vidor and Dayton not have school Friday?

I assume he means in front of the bad weather. Friday the field got good and soaked all day by a constant drizzling rain.

Guest pirates

Here is the facts,

Friday the weather net station at Dayton High School only recorder .35" of Rain.  The Dayton coaches were screaming that they got too much rain, we really know what that was all about, to give their pitchers another day rest.  Then comes Saturday it flooded, the Dayton coaches kept telling the Vidor coaches that the field would be ready by a 7:00pm start, only after the Vidor coaches went over to Dayton was the truth known, that there was no way the field would be ready.

Then Dayton wanted to move the game, this started about 1:30 pm, Dayton wanted to move the game to Vidor, well if Vidor would have known the extent of the situation at Dayton they could have started working on the field, but there was no way Vidor could get their field ready by 7:00pm.  Vidor could have had their field ready if they would have known Saturday morning.

This is no way Vidor's fault.  the Vidor coaches tried everything possible to get Dayton to play the game Friday night.  they refused.

The Dayton coaches out smarted their-selves.  Vidor has the pitching to play 4 games in 5 days, Dayton does not.

As far as Handcock, he did the right thing and the School Board will not get involved.  Dr. Handcock is in charge of that campus and that is why they called Handcock.  It is the same all over the state, weather you want to accept that or not, is up to you.

Here is the facts,

Friday the weather net station at Dayton High School only recorder .35" of Rain.  The Dayton coaches were screaming that they got too much rain, we really know what that was all about, to give their pitchers another day rest.  Then comes Saturday it flooded, the Dayton coaches kept telling the Vidor coaches that the field would be ready by a 7:00pm start, only after the Vidor coaches went over to Dayton was the truth known, that there was no way the field would be ready.

Then Dayton wanted to move the game, this started about 1:30 pm, Dayton wanted to move the game to Vidor, well if Vidor would have known the extent of the situation at Dayton they could have started working on the field, but there was no way Vidor could get their field ready by 7:00pm.  Vidor could have had their field ready if they would have known Saturday morning.

This is no way Vidor's fault.  the Vidor coaches tried everything possible to get Dayton to play the game Friday night.  they refused.

The Dayton coaches out smarted their-selves.  Vidor has the pitching to play 4 games in 5 days, Dayton does not.

As far as Handcock, he did the right thing and the School Board will not get involved.  Dr. Handcock is in charge of that campus and that is why they called Handcock.  It is the same all over the state, weather you want to accept that or not, is up to you.

I saw the field personnally on Friday and it was NOT fit to play on--I am a parent and would not want my kid playing on a muddy field--the opportunity for injury grows dramatically---As for Saturday- our coaches kept trying to tell the Vidor folks it would not be ready--offered to move to Vidor--they did not belive this until they drove over and saw for themselves--OUR PITCHERS WERE READY AND STILL ARE--GET YOUR FACTS CORRECT BEFORE RUNNING YOUR HEAD!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124