Who Is The Most Feared Team In SETX!!!

What team would you not want to see on you favorite teams schedule?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What team would you not want to see on you favorite teams schedule?

• West Orange Stark
    • Newton
    • West Brook
    • Dayton
    • Central
    • Nederland
    • Ozen
    • Memorial
    • PNG

I sure hope its not like the Lufkin vs Longview scrimmage, where the Longview fans actually make shirts about it talking bout how they won a freaking scrimmage game

naw its not that serious but it is real intense and WOS come to play forreal my so. yr. was the best to me......Robert Joseph watching Deon Beasley.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have respect for all the teams on this list.  i wish we could play all those teams every year, well maybe not all in one year. ;)  that would be too much.  my favorite team to play has always been nederland, because win or lose its always an exciting game.   

Hmmmm.... who has the longest consecutive playoff streak in SETX? Anyone know?

Has that team played WB, WO-S, Nederland, Central, Dayton, Memorial or any of the other teams on the list?

My school, WO-S, shared three opponents with EC last year - HJ, HF and Orangefield.

EC beat HJ by 1 point. WO-S beat them by 62.

EC beat HF by 3. WO-S beat them by 54.

EC beat OF by 12. WO-S beat them by 27.

I just don't see EC as a contender for the "most feared" team in SETX, because they don't play any of the other contenders. They certainly do well in the games that they do play, but it's hard for a team from one of the smallest two classes to be the "most feared." WO-S has been fortunate enough to play the role of both giant and giant killer.

i have respect for all the teams on this list.  i wish we could play all those teams every year, well maybe not all in one year. ;)  that would be too much.  my favorite team to play has always been nederland, because win or lose its always an exciting game.   

I couldnt agree with you more... I really wish we could get a predistrict game with WO-S again... Too good of a rivalry to go to waste... As a Nederland fan, the two teams that are feared are WO-S and PN-G because both of those games are stats-out-of-the-window games... especially MCM

I would like to see wos and newton get back on each others schedule. Those games were incredible. Football at its finest!

NO!!!!! every time we go to play, there is a tropical storm or a hurricane! Lets just leave it the way it is! haha

As far as the most feared, there are teams that you are about to play or know you have to play that make you have butterflies in your stomach. Im talking about that feeling as a player that you get in the pre-game that says Holy *&%$ these guys are the real deal. I know we (WOS) have that effect on people. I will say this, I have played in one game that I had that feeling. Throughout my varsity carrer, we always had the "shock" factor on our opponents except for one game in my opinion. It was the '97 season playoffs for the regional final, I believe we were ranked #2 in state behind....LaMarque! All season we knew that we would see them. We were just hoping someone would knock them off. They had our number for the past few years, and probably single handily kept us from state those years. I remember in pre-game, it looked like their fans were there for a college game. There were thousands of them! They were all chanting "We are Lamarque Cougars Wooh". I remember saying to myself...here we go! I kicked off on the opening play of the game and pinned them inside the 5. We were pumped, hell we had the #1 defense in the state, what could go wrong? Next play....90 yrds for a touchdown!!! With all this said, I would have to say the most feared team in the 90's for any clasification would be the LaMarque Cougars. I know they are not SETX, but as far as the "Fear factor" they were the poster child.

WOS and Newton are definitely scary teams...along with Brook...who will continue to get better and better

I voted for Brook, but only because I am a little biased- and I think some of you guys would change your votes if someone would set up a game between the Mustangs and the Bruins

...but that will never happen as long as WB is forced by our amazing school board to play "the beaumont bowl"...which means nothing ever since wb started winning

As far as the most feared, there are teams that you are about to play or know you have to play that make you have butterflies in your stomach. Im talking about that feeling as a player that you get in the pre-game that says Holy *&%$ these guys are the real deal. I know we (WOS) have that effect on people. I will say this, I have played in one game that I had that feeling. Throughout my varsity carrer, we always had the "shock" factor on our opponents except for one game in my opinion. It was the '97 season playoffs for the regional final, I believe we were ranked #2 in state behind....LaMarque! All season we knew that we would see them. We were just hoping someone would knock them off. They had our number for the past few years, and probably single handily kept us from state those years. I remember in pre-game, it looked like their fans were there for a college game. There were thousands of them! They were all chanting "We are Lamarque Cougars Wooh". I remember saying to myself...here we go! I kicked off on the opening play of the game and pinned them inside the 5. We were pumped, heck we had the #1 defense in the state, what could go wrong? Next play....90 yrds for a touchdown!!! With all this said, I would have to say the most feared team in the 90's for any clasification would be the LaMarque Cougars. I know they are not SETX, but as far as the "Fear factor" they were the poster child.

i bet the 2005 Katy Tigers could make LaMarque wet their pants...I know i almost did as we stood there in disbelief and watched 120 giants ran out of the tunnel while being cheered on by a sea of red...

Guest Eagle73

I would love to see Newton and WOS again. I don't think Newton ever won in their meetings but those games were always hard hitting great played games. Neither team feared the other and lined up and butted heads from whistle to whistle. Fantastic football!

WOS was the winningest program in the state of texas in all classifications...they average under two losses a year since sometime in the 70's when the school was founded...and have just recently handed over the reins to SouthLake-Carrol..national powerhouse..after their state title run this year..

• 1 year later...

Has that team played WB, WO-S, Nederland, Central, Dayton, Memorial or any of the other teams on the list?

My school, WO-S, shared three opponents with EC last year - HJ, HF and Orangefield.

I just don't see EC as a contender for the "most feared" team in SETX, because they don't play any of the other contenders. They certainly do well in the games that they do play, but it's hard for a team from one of the smallest two classes to be the "most feared." WO-S has been fortunate enough to play the role of both giant and giant killer.

Man where are you getting your numbers from????? EC beat HF by 14 (33-19) and WOS beat HF by 27 (34-7). Ec beat HJ by 30+

Man where are you getting your numbers from????? EC beat HF by 14 (33-19) and WOS beat HF by 27 (34-7). Ec beat HJ by 30+

Old thread

Some may say im biased, but ill go with WOS

Some local teams in higher classifications dont even want to play WOS. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder