LCM VS Navasota CO District Championship

LCMAlumtiger32

Well the Bears played Cleveland last night and the first half LCM really controlled them. The second half LCM came out flat against Cleveland looked as if they thought CLeveland would give up. Our play calling really needs to approve 4th and 10 and we are calling wide receiver screen. Our offense is not getting vertical and we are running the spread almost like a wing t team. We should have put Cleveland and Huffman away early but we try to run the clock out playing to conservative. Against Navasota we are going to have to score on every possession to keep up with Navasota speed. This will be a big game for LCM hopefully we can play as a team.    

12 minutes ago, LastBearStanding17 said:

Well the Bears played Cleveland last night and the first half LCM really controlled them. The second half LCM came out flat against Cleveland looked as if they thought CLeveland would give up. Our play calling really needs to approve 4th and 10 and we are calling wide receiver screen. Our offense is not getting vertical and we are running the spread almost like a wing t team. We should have put Cleveland and Huffman away early but we try to run the clock out playing to conservative. Against Navasota we are going to have to score on every possession to keep up with Navasota speed. This will be a big game for LCM hopefully we can play as a team.    

Title is a little misleading. Loser will not be co-champs and if Silsbee loses, then the winner of this game is outright champ.

53 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Silsbee is a different team these last 3 weeks it seems or could be competition. That running back duo seems very legit though.  

Don’t over-value that win over us... we aren’t playing very good at all. 

I think Silsbee isn’t as bad as that loss to LCM would indicate, but I don’t see the Tigers going much farther in the playoffs than they did last year. Not knocking the Tigers, but play has just been too inconsistent this year. I honestly feel like the team we beat last year with Tre Jones and Tyler was a better unit than the group that beat us last week. It only takes a mistake or two to end your season in the playoffs, especially considering how tough the bi-district round can be for our district.

4 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Don’t over-value that win over us... we aren’t playing very good at all. 

I think Silsbee isn’t as bad as that loss to LCM would indicate, but I don’t see the Tigers going much farther in the playoffs than they did last year. Not knocking the Tigers, but play has just been too inconsistent this year. I honestly feel like the team we beat last year with Tre Jones and Tyler was a better unit than the group that beat us last week. It only takes a mistake or two to end your season in the playoffs, especially considering how tough the bi-district round can be for our district.

I also agree at first.  Last year's offense was dynamic , the offense at first.  Now that that the young guns have been added and a healthy Tre Lowe, it rivals last year's offense.  Defense, it's about the same.  Except this year, there's been some tweeks that's  made the defense a little better this year than last year at this point.  the thing I like is special teams.  this year's special teams is way better than last year.  

And just think, This is only Coach Smith's 2nd year.  His actual coaching ability will only get better. 

3 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I also agree at first.  Last year's offense was dynamic , the offense at first.  Now that that the young guns have been added and a healthy Tre Lowe, it rivals last year's offense.  Defense, it's a out the same.  It this year, others been some tweeks that's  made the defense a little better this year than last year at this point.  the thing I like is special teams.  this year's special teams is way better than last year.  

And just think, This is only Coach Smith's 2nd year.  His actual coaching ability will only get better. 

I agree completely.