FEMA aid

Big girl

4 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I didn't see anybody post that.  After being awol for a few weeks, we all can see you are still an idoit.

Is that the best response you could think of?  Every Republican on this forum should've had flood insurance since you guys dislike government assistance programs.

4 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Is that the best response you could think of?  Every Republican on this forum should've had flood insurance since you guys dislike government assistance programs.

Do not need insurance if you are not in a flood zone.  Government entities set those flood plains.  Why spend the money if you are not required to.  You are so stupid, as you like to claim others are.  To many people abuse these programs you think so highly of, sound familiar.  If you need assistance after this catastrophic event, I'm glad it's there.  No need for you to attempt to politicize it.

Do not need insurance if you are not in a flood zone.  Government entities set those flood plains.  Why spend the money if you are not required to.  You are so stupid, as you like to claim others are.  To many people abuse these programs you think so highly of, sound familiar.  If you need assistance after this catastrophic event, I'm glad it's there.  No need for you to attempt to politicize it.

15 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

I didn't see anybody post that.  After being awol for a few weeks, we all can see you are still an idoit.

Ap

16 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

16 minutes ago, Big girl said:

So.....it is not ok to receive unemployment benefits in a time of need, but it is ok to get FEMA assistance.  Am I correct?

Receiving unemployment benefits is ok, as long as while you are getting them you are still trying to find work.  But if one is a sorry arse that doesn't want to work or attempt to find employment, then they deserve nothing.  Usually when one needs FEMA assistance, it is not of their doing.  Sometimes needing unemployment benefits is of ones own doing.

FEMA assistance during a catastrophe doesn't even begin to compare to the lazy arse bums who need lifelong assistance. I needed bread and water just like everybody else. It also helped pay to fix the man's truck who got me back to my house. I didn't work for over a week. Actually, I look at it as getting some of MY money back since I have paid in all my life. And it was a one shot Johnny. Huge difference....HUGE!!! You are what is wrong with this country's thinking. 

5 hours ago, baddog said:

FEMA assistance during a catastrophe doesn't even begin to compare to the lazy arse bums who need lifelong assistance. I needed bread and water just like everybody else. It also helped pay to fix the man's truck who got me back to my house. I didn't work for over a week. Actually, I look at it as getting some of MY money back since I have paid in all my life. And it was a one shot Johnny. Huge difference....HUGE!!! You are what is wrong with this country's thinking. 

She claims she is not a liberal on one hand, but on the other she has no problem with a government(obama admin)that wants to stick their noses in everyone's business.

This was a once in however many thousand year event.  Houses that should've never been in danger of flooding received considerable damage.  For those people, I'm glad FEMA is available.  That being said, I know many families who live in Pinewood, Northwest Forest, Countrywood, and Bevil Oaks who did not have flood insurance.  Many of those homes flooded before, and if not, many houses around them did.  I have a hard time listening to friends who chose not to buy insurance gripe about having to wait for, not receiving enough of, or being denied for FEMA benefits.  To be honest, in SOME cases, where people knew that flooding was a danger but chose to forego flood insurance, Big Girl has a point.  Those people did not want to spend money to protect their house, and now expect the government to pay for their mistake.  That being said, I disagree with her attempt to throw all republicans needing FEMA under the bus.  Many, many people were affected by this storm who had no reason to believe they'd ever be in danger of flooding.

12 hours ago, Big girl said:

Apparently,  it is good to be prepared. Just in case. I have flood insurance, and I don't live in a flood zone. It is inexpensive.

The reason it is inexpensive is because you dont live in a flood zone.  HOwever, when you compare it to the cost of Obamacare, you are right, it is very inexpensive.

19 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Receiving unemployment benefits is ok, as long as while you are getting them you are still trying to find work.  But if one is a sorry arse that doesn't want to work or attempt to find employment, then they deserve nothing.  Usually when one needs FEMA assistance, it is not of their doing.  Sometimes needing unemployment benefits is of ones own doing.

One wouldnt need FEMA assistance if they were responsible and purchased insurance. Republicans, pull yourselves up by your bootstraps.

8 hours ago, stevenash said:

The reason it is inexpensive is because you dont live in a flood zone.  HOwever, when you compare it to the cost of Obamacare, you are right, it is very inexpensive.

Exactly, so there is not any excuse not to have any. Health care expenses cost a lot. Thank God that people, especially those with pre-existing conditions can obtain coverage.

11 hours ago, bullets13 said:

This was a once in however many thousand year event.  Houses that should've never been in danger of flooding received considerable damage.  For those people, I'm glad FEMA is available.  That being said, I know many families who live in Pinewood, Northwest Forest, Countrywood, and Bevil Oaks who did not have flood insurance.  Many of those homes flooded before, and if not, many houses around them did.  I have a hard time listening to friends who chose not to buy insurance gripe about having to wait for, not receiving enough of, or being denied for FEMA benefits.  To be honest, in SOME cases, where people knew that flooding was a danger but chose to forego flood insurance, Big Girl has a point.  Those people did not want to spend money to protect their house, and now expect the government to pay for their mistake.  That being said, I disagree with her attempt to throw all republicans needing FEMA under the bus.  Many, many people were affected by this storm who had no reason to believe they'd ever be in danger of flooding.

I don't have a problem with people receiving FEMA assistance, except for those Republicans who abhor federal Aid, (unless they need it). They are being hypocritical.

14 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

She claims she is not a liberal on one hand, but on the other she has no problem with a government(obama admin)that wants to stick their noses in everyone's business.

You don't mind them sticking their nose in your business, at this time, because you need that FEMA check. I am sure the reps asked a lot of questions.

19 hours ago, baddog said:

You can only get TANF for 5 years. So, what were you saying about lifetime aid? Pull yourself up by your own boot strap, dude.