Nederland HF

navydawg31

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

With the scandal going on in Nederland in regards of the HF and over 300k $$ stolen and the festival being a non profit organization. I want to know why haven't people(s) been charged yet for these crimes in a this big ole cover up. The IRS and Texas Rangers need to step in due to everyone involved in this crime ring. 

Apparently I miss out on local news. What are the details of the scandal?

On 4/12/2017 at 1:39 PM, navydawg31 said:

With the scandal going on in Nederland in regards of the HF and over 300k $$ stolen and the festival being a non profit organization. I want to know why haven't people(s) been charged yet for these crimes in a this big ole cover up. The IRS and Texas Rangers need to step in due to everyone involved in this crime ring. 

Because generally you need a victim to step forward and say "I have been wronged and I want to file charges". Apparently that does not exist in this case. 

Let's say your brother took $5 out of your wallet without asking. It is clearly theft and crime or moral turpitude that could end many future or current employment. If you get it square with him and say that you do not wish to pursue any criminal charges, should the police step in and force you to testify against your brother?

On a personal belief I think that charges need to be filed if there is a big crime but that is between the parties involved. Criminal charges are not automatic because someone thinks that you can prove a crime. 

12 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Because generally you need a victim to step forward and say "I have been wronged and I want to file charges". Apparently that does not exist in this case. 

Let's say your brother took $5 out of your wallet without asking. It is clearly theft and crime or moral turpitude that could end many future or current employment. If you get it square with him and say that you do not wish to pursue any criminal charges, should the police step in and force you to testify against your brother?

On a personal belief I think that charges need to be filed if there is a big crime but that is between the parties involved. Criminal charges are not automatic because someone thinks that you can prove a crime. 

I agree with you completely about charge need to be filled... With the HF being a non profit organization their taxes and dealings with the IRS are a lot more stricter then the average person. If the IRS wants to audit the organization then they will be screwed because the books won't be right and everyone name on there would be involved and a lot more knowledge would be brought to light. Time will tell, but it's pretty sad and pathetic how much money went missing from the citizens of Nederland/chuchers/ youth sports/ and other organizations... The citizens need to know the truth and hold everyone involved with the crime ring and bring them to the wood shed. I Can not stand a THIEF. And that's what these people are THIEVES.

2 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Well I am glad to inform everyone that a complaint has been made the IRS and they will be investigating the situation. Should be hearing some information within the next several weeks

This is the hidden content, please

Where are the local news media on this??  Unless I missed it, I haven't heard a word from them about this.

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

Where are the local news media on this??  Unless I missed it, I haven't heard a word from them about this.

The PA news barely reported on it about last week....  I am hoping KFDM or KBMT do a main segment on this matter. I figured they would try and race and see who will be the first to report the story but that's not the case it's a snail race... I guess time will tell 

4 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Kfdm has now posted a little bit of coverage on it. It's slowing coming to light to SETX which it needs too!

This is sure enough strange.  Ordinarily, someone litters and there's a news story on it.  Wonder what's up?

7 hours ago, REBgp said:

This is sure enough strange.  Ordinarily, someone litters and there's a news story on it.  Wonder what's up?

there is several big name high class people invovled and I guess if the news reported on it those media people would be blocked and won't be allowed to report future stories... only thing I can think of

Any more updates from local news sources?  I saw where

This is the hidden content, please
 posted another story about more alleged wrongdoing by the NHF BOD.  Is the reporter, P. Klein, a trustworthy source for the news?  What sayeth the other local news outlets, e.g., PA News, Beaumont Enterprise, local television channels?  Or, does P. Klein have an ax to grind?  Trying to discern fact from fiction?  I will say it does make for interesting reading.  I'm not a resident of Nederland, I don't know any of the parties involved, and I've been gone from the area for 25+ years.  Still, it is interesting to read and follow the allegations.  As a teen in the eighties, I can remember going to the NHF...fun times with friends.  PA, Groves, Port Neches and Nederland all shared good times for my family and friends.

Go Indians.  Peace.