A bit of history

stevenash

Dumb.    1964: Lyndon Johnson essentially divorces the longest marriage the democratic party had: the one with southern whites.  By making Civil Rights part of the Democratic platform, the republicans lose basically all of what's left of their black constituencies - which had been a significant part of their remaining progressive vote in northern urban areas.  The democrats start to hemorrhage southern whites rapidly - you see George Wallace run for president in 1968.

2 hours ago, westend1 said:

Dumb.    1964: Lyndon Johnson essentially divorces the longest marriage the democratic party had: the one with southern whites.  By making Civil Rights part of the Democratic platform, the republicans lose basically all of what's left of their black constituencies - which had been a significant part of their remaining progressive vote in northern urban areas.  The democrats start to hemorrhage southern whites rapidly - you see George Wallace run for president in 1968.

I think you win.

54 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

I think you win.

He did a good job on his history.  Unfortunately, the Democrats haven't done as well by america's black family/population, imo.  I will admit that I've no idea if this was their original plan back in 64, but I do think it's their plan now, for blacks, whites, browns, yellows and reds.  It seems obvious to me the Dems want as many depending on the Govt as they can get.  If I'm right, think about why they would want that.  A child depends on his parents.  Parents control the child.  

Understand, this is just my opinion.  This post is not an attempt to put down anyone (except the elitist).  What I'm really hoping is that it'll make you think about this, because it'll get worse when they're back in power, if I'm right.  At some point, it may get bad enough you'll remember this post, and realize what's happening so you can educate others, if I'm right, and it's not to late.

11 hours ago, westend1 said:

You do realize that all those against the civil rights movement were Democrats?!   George Wallace was a Democrat.  You do also realize that the KKK was the police arm of the Democratic Party?!  So, let's not, again, try to revise history!

1 hour ago, Reagan said:

You do realize that all those against the civil rights movement were Democrats?!   George Wallace was a Democrat.  You do also realize that the KKK was the police arm of the Democratic Party?!  So, let's not, again, try to revise history!

We all know which party the KKK supports in 2017. They are well represented. 

9 minutes ago, new tobie said:

We all know which party the KKK supports in 2017. They are well represented. 

How about you name some of these people? You've been asked this same question many times and have yet to offer an answer. Why the bold statement but silence on proof?

And why no more talk of Trump being racist? Did you finally figure out the man is not a racist, or did you always know he wasn't but tried to play the race card anyway? Is this your go-to tactic? Proof is piling.

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

Englebert- from his perspective, ANYONE who is a conservative and/or republican is automatically a racist and automatically is heartless.  Prime example of indoctrination without awareness.

What I find hilarious and disturbing at the same time is he throws out these baseless claims, gets called on them, then refuses to answer, but will continue to throw out these same falsehoods. Anyways, it's fun for me (and many on the board). We get to think up different and creative ways to ask him to back up his claims. I know the exercise is futile, but it's still fun. I have to hand it to him, he keeps coming back even though he's been called out numerous times. I personally couldn't be embarrassed that many times and dare keep returning. I must have too much pride.

3 hours ago, Englebert said:

How about you name some of these people? You've been asked this same question many times and have yet to offer an answer. Why the bold statement but silence on proof?

And why no more talk of Trump being racist? Did you finally figure out the man is not a racist, or did you always know he wasn't but tried to play the race card anyway? Is this your go-to tactic? Proof is piling.

His and many more.