Best concert you ever went to?

bullets13

1. Metallica opening for Ozzy Osbourne. (right before Cliff Burton was killed in a bus accident)

2. Scorpions opening for Judas Priest.

3. Every Jimmy Buffett concert I've attended...especially the preceding tailgate parties.

4. 1984 Texxas Jam

5. Cheap Trick at Daddy Long Legs in Beaumont (I was 13 or 14 years old at the time)

6. Motorhead opening for Van Halen

7. Saxon opening for Black Sabbath

8. Rush (no opening act)

9. 1983 Texxas Jam (this one probably would have been the best except Styx, the headliner, played nothing but songs from Kilroy Was Here, an album I hated)

10. AC/DC (If You Want Blood Tour...didn't know the group at the time but became an instant fan)

I quit going to concerts in the early 90s. I was not boycotting, just decided I liked spending money on albums over concert tickets. I still occasionally attended some concerts here and there, but I was heavily into classic rock and quit paying attention to modern bands. From around 1978 to 1988 I attended more concerts than I can remotely remember. These ten (I saw Jimmy Buffett around 10 times during this period) stand out in my mind.

Never was into concerts so I only went to one.  When my daughter was in Jr High, my wife and I took her and a couple of friends to see Greorge Strait in Beaumont.  I enjoyed the music, but the unique thing I remember, we were on Row 17, and I was the first male in the audience.  There were two more on Row 18, but males were scarce as hens teeth lol.