Should Judges Be Impeached?

Reagan

7 hours ago, Reagan said:

Obama wanted to be the dictator!!  But for that pesky Constitution!  How would Trump be a dictator??  Because he wants to uphold the law?  Something obama rarely cared about!

Trump has told so many lies even he can't keep up with them. Very disrespectful piece of a man that wants respect but can't give it. Picked wife beater Bannon and klansman sessions for his cabinet .....pathetic. Grab um....

On 2/14/2017 at 8:44 AM, BLUEDOVE3 said:

See, this is why you can't take you people serious. Your administration is ...oh nevamind, the blind leading the blind. LOL

I know right. We have checks and balances in place. Trump is not a dictator, so judges can disagree with him. We have the legislative, judicial and executive branches. The travel ban was ridiculous. Why did he think he could get away with it is beyond me.

On 2/14/2017 at 2:14 PM, 1989NDN said:

Federal judges are not elected.  They are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate.  Some state court judges are elected, e.g., Texas.  Others are appointed by the state's governor, and others have a hybrid system for appointing/electing judges.

Too much of a knee-jerk reaction to call for impeachment of a judge because you disagree with his or her ruling or the opinion of a court.  If you disagree, then appeal.  Argue the flaws of your opponent's case and the merits of your case.  If we attacked the judiciary and impeached every judge that did not agree with the then-existing/prevailing majority, then we would still be stuck with separate-but-equal, Jim Crow laws, limited protections for free speech, limited rights of privacy, etc.  Things balance out.  The Warren Court was countered by the Burger and Rehnquist Courts...ebb and flow of life.

Go Indians.  Peace. 

Well said

7 hours ago, Kountzer said:

Obama is just a man.  Jesus Christ is coming back to set up the perfect kingdom.  Soon.  Sooner than many people think.  Hitler, trump, the pope...I think the Pope will succeed but only for a short time. 

I agree with Steve Bannon on one thing.  i believe in the apocalypse.  I don't think it is going to totally happen as he does.  And the constitution is going to be totally repudiated.  That is happening right now.   There are powers, man made institutions, that has thought to change God's law (dan 7:25).  They even try to change His word, the bible.  This same institution hates the us constitution.  If they can fool most people in regards to God's law what chance do you think the constitution has? 

I ve been saying it for years.

Our country peeked years ago.

thru out the course of history.....there is a rise and fall to every nation

2 hours ago, new tobie said:

Trump has told so many lies even he can't keep up with them. Very disrespectful piece of a man that wants respect but can't give it. Picked wife beater Bannon and klansman sessions for his cabinet .....pathetic. Grab um....

But you've been asked over and over and over to name the lies...and failed miserably. And to top it off, you accuse Trump of lying by stating nothing but lies, and finish using childish quips even a 6th grader would be embarrassed to use.

...and the Liberal snowflake meltdown continues. You are so ate up and butt-hurt by Trump's presidency you can't even form cogent sentences. Man, I can't get this ear to ear smile off of my face. I don't like laughing at people in mentally stressful conditions which cause instability, but the last 4 months have been irresistibly funny. The antics of the Liberals keeps getting increasingly hilarious when they are faced with adults in charge. Although the childishness of the Liberals is just too darn funny, I am concerned about the depravity to which the Liberals will stoop. Y'all have a long way to go just to climb your way up to the sewer.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

I know right. We have checks and balances in place. Trump is not a dictator, so judges can disagree with him. We have the legislative, judicial and executive branches. The travel ban was ridiculous. Why did he think he could get away with it is beyond me.

You might want to check Obama's record for being slapped down by the judicial branch. Then look up the definition of the word "hypocrite".

If Liberal brains were made of polar ice caps I would all of a sudden believe in Man-made Global Warming.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Travel has been restricted many times by multiple Presidents throughout our country's history.  The laws give the President total power to protect our country.  

Did you need a safe space when your hero Obama banned travel from Iraq in 2011?  I bet you didn't even know about it, because the news forgot to cover it.  

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

What Trump did was legal. The US clearly says it is at the discretion of the president. Not liking something does not make it illegal. For it to be illegal, it has to violate some provision of the Constitution. 

What part of the Constitution did it violate? What rights do non-citizens who are not in this country have? I know the answer is "none" but maybe you can come up with some answer if you google uneducated opinions. 

Trump will soon issue an almost identical order and will negate the temporary ban in his lawful order. Soon we will have another Supreme Court justice so a full Court can hear the argument and put an end to it once and for all. 

• 1 year later...

This guy was the posterboy for why we need term limits on Federal judges.

Quote:

Judge Stephen Reinhardt, the liberal face of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, died Thursday afternoon, a court spokesman said. He was 87.

Reinhardt, an appointee of former President Carter, was dubbed the "liberal lion" of the federal circuit courts.

His rulings in favor of criminal defendants and immigrants were often overturned by the more conservative U.S. Supreme Court.

This is the hidden content, please

45 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

This guy was the posterboy for why we need term limits on Federal judges.

Quote:

Judge Stephen Reinhardt, the liberal face of the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, died Thursday afternoon, a court spokesman said. He was 87.

Reinhardt, an appointee of former President Carter, was dubbed the "liberal lion" of the federal circuit courts.

His rulings in favor of criminal defendants and immigrants were often overturned by the more conservative U.S. Supreme Court.

This is the hidden content, please

A typical liberal Judge who let their feelings dictate their decisions instead of the rule of law.  These are the ones that needs to be impeached.