"Affordable Housing"

Tigers2010

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

This is the hidden content, please

More of the "Do less, get more mentality". So glad I do not live in Beaumont. Weren't they already named Top 10 dumbest city in America or something of that nature?

How does a "house" become affordable, in these terms?  I only understand that if one works then one can "afford" a house!

1 hour ago, Tigers2010 said:

More of the "Do less, get more mentality". So glad I do not live in Beaumont. Weren't they already named Top 10 dumbest city in America or something of that nature?

I've built a couple hundred free govt houses over the last few years in pretty much ever city in this area(including yours.)  It's not just Beaumont.

The news story reported by KFDM (Channel 6) said nothing about free housing.  It is a news story about affordable housing for senior citizens in a part of Beaumont where they can walk to and from stores that offer goods and services.  Most senior citizens are on fixed incomes, be it from Social Security, or retirement investments, or both, and they need housing at a price point that fits within their budget.  Many of those seniors likely paid into Social Security and Medicare in the form of payroll deductions.  Are they not entitled to the Social Security benefits they are receiving?  Where is the "Do Less, Get More" mentality?  Why not use public funds to assist senior citizens?  The story reported by Channel 6 was not about Section 8 subsidized housing for welfare queens and kings.  Why bash Beaumont for being dumb?  What is dumb about using public funds to assist local senior citizens in your community?

Find common ground and work together to make American great again.  Isn't that what President Trump wants?  Conservatives push a Bible-based agenda, but they overlook the scriptures where the Lord said to care for the poor, widows, orphans, and society in general. See Deuteronomy 15:7-11, Proverbs 14:31, Jeremiah 22:16, Matthew 19:21, 25:35, and 1 John 3:17-18.

3...2...1...those in the center, or on the left are dumb, radical, too eclectic, too liberal, stealing from the rich to give to the poor, taking from the workers to give to the lazy, taking from the haves to care for the have-nots so they can push a gay agenda, etc.  Response:  No, not at all.  Let's spend tax funds wisely to take care of our armed services, seniors, vets, and rebuild infrastructure.  No one is advocating giving free money or free housing to the Jerry Springer crowd.  That was not the story reported by KFDM.

Peace.

22 hours ago, Tigers2010 said:

I still think you need a reading comprehension lesson. Didn't I just point this out to you on the sports section?

* A mind is a terrible thing to waste

* Weren't they already named Top 10 dumbest city in America or something of that nature?

I rest my case!!

On January 26, 2017 at 8:35 AM, 1989NDN said:

The news story reported by KFDM (Channel 6) said nothing about free housing.  It is a news story about affordable housing for senior citizens in a part of Beaumont where they can walk to and from stores that offer goods and services.  Most senior citizens are on fixed incomes, be it from Social Security, or retirement investments, or both, and they need housing at a price point that fits within their budget.  Many of those seniors likely paid into Social Security and Medicare in the form of payroll deductions.  Are they not entitled to the Social Security benefits they are receiving?  Where is the "Do Less, Get More" mentality?  Why not use public funds to assist senior citizens?  The story reported by Channel 6 was not about Section 8 subsidized housing for welfare queens and kings.  Why bash Beaumont for being dumb?  What is dumb about using public funds to assist local senior citizens in your community?

Find common ground and work together to make American great again.  Isn't that what President Trump wants?  Conservatives push a Bible-based agenda, but they overlook the scriptures where the Lord said to care for the poor, widows, orphans, and society in general. See Deuteronomy 15:7-11, Proverbs 14:31, Jeremiah 22:16, Matthew 19:21, 25:35, and 1 John 3:17-18.

3...2...1...those in the center, or on the left are dumb, radical, too eclectic, too liberal, stealing from the rich to give to the poor, taking from the workers to give to the lazy, taking from the haves to care for the have-nots so they can push a gay agenda, etc.  Response:  No, not at all.  Let's spend tax funds wisely to take care of our armed services, seniors, vets, and rebuild infrastructure.  No one is advocating giving free money or free housing to the Jerry Springer crowd.  That was not the story reported by KFDM.

Peace.

FYI, most (if not all) seniors are still paying into Medicare.  I got @ a $24 raise on SS, and Medicare payments went up @ $32.  Net loss.