I'd Like To Ask Our Left Leaning Friends Here A Question.

Reagan

7 minutes ago, Remmus said:

They kinda did with all the laws that are on the books.  I guess some military cops coming to the south to keep watch was really the answer.  Could have set up the old Civil War districts, started appointing governors...

Hate to say it, but if you are really trying to defend the work of the Feds, you will have a tough road ahead of you.

12 hours ago, Remmus said:

Thank you sir.  I'm in hibernation right now with real estate, but plan to start up again soon.  

Rem- you shouldn't really get involved in such capitalistic efforts that include buying and selling real estate and participating in the free markets.  Someone from the Federal Government needs to tell you which property you can buy and what your maximum profit can be.  After all, things need to be fair.  Furthermore, you need to pay a "white privilege tax" whenever you buy or sell property.  And, don't forget, if a prospective buyer or seller utters any words that could "hurt somebodys feelings" you need to refuse to transact any business with them since they are either homophobes, islamaphobes, xenophobes,racist, or sexist.  Profit is evil and all good collectivists ought to stay away from it.

3 hours ago, Coach Frey said:

And thus you prove the point. If states were lynching, the Feds should have stepped in. They didn't because they are inept.

Yes Coach, the point is, once you're dependent on the Govt, the more potential power they weld.  Be it genocide of a race, as we saw in Germany, or virtual inslavement of most of the population, as with Amin in Uganda.  That's at the whim of who's in power.  A small illustration would be Fed Aid to Education.  Seemed all good at first.  Then, you teach/feed what we want you to, or we'll cut off your aid.  A minor thing, but exemplifies the potential.  It's a slippery slope.

Again, I doubt anytime soon.  But someday........?

2 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Yes Coach, the point is, once you're dependent on the Govt, the more potential power they weld.  Be it genocide of a race, as we saw in Germany, or virtual inslavement of most of the population, as with Amin in Uganda.  That's at the whim of who's in power.  A small illustration would be Fed Aid to Education.  Seemed all good at first.  Then, you teach/feed what we want you to, or we'll cut off your aid.  A minor thing, but exemplifies the potential.  It's a slippery slope.

Again, I doubt anytime soon.  But someday........?

But wait, Rem, ( the "Centrist") says the government level he trusts most is the Fed.

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

Rem- you shouldn't really get involved in such capitalistic efforts that include buying and selling real estate and participating in the free markets.  Someone from the Federal Government needs to tell you which property you can buy and what your maximum profit can be.  After all, things need to be fair.  Furthermore, you need to pay a "white privilege tax" whenever you buy or sell property.  And, don't forget, if a prospective buyer or seller utters any words that could "hurt somebodys feelings" you need to refuse to transact any business with them since they are either homophobes, islamaphobes, xenophobes,racist, or sexist.  Profit is evil and all good collectivists ought to stay away from it.

I love it.  When it comes to MY WALLET I'm more capitalist than Gordon Gecko.  I'll spend your money all day on pet social programs ...lol!   

Remember, we're helping people with their real estate problems. 

17 minutes ago, Remmus said:

I love it.  When it comes to MY WALLET I'm more capitalist than Gordon Gecko.  I'll spend your money all day on pet social programs ...lol!   

Remember, we're helping people with their real estate problems. 

Just like the doctors and pharmaceutical companies helping people with their healthcare issues!

7 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Sure, just watch late night television and listen for those quite commercials ..."have you ever used _______ and are experiencing ________"

I guess that is the difference between a conservative and a liberal.  You are able to calculate profits based on a few words from an advertisement and I am not.  Regarding those words, how many people are forced to buy those products?