Meghan Kelly to NBC

Hagar

4 hours ago, REBgp said:

Wonder how this is going to work out.  Guess I won't be watching her anymore.  She'll have to promote the leftist agenda.

This is the hidden content, please

Megan Kelly should get a statue at Fox News.  I have new respect for her after she spoke her mind in light of the backlash.  With that said, banning "assault rifles" is probably not the answer (I learned that here ...go have your party), but we gotta do something about the gun violence. Maybe more guns is the answer ...maybe its some smart laws that only target bad guys.  

27 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Megan Kelly should get a statue at Fox News.  I have new respect for her after she spoke her mind in light of the backlash.  With that said, banning "assault rifles" is probably not the answer (I learned that here ...go have your party), but we gotta do something about the gun violence. Maybe more guns is the answer ...maybe its some smart laws that only target bad guys.  

Gotta let the cops do their job without having to worry about backlash from groups like blm and weak-kneed politicians worried about someone getting offended.

If you put Rudy Giuliani in charge of getting the crime in control in Chicago and let him do it his way, he could get it under control. 

Replace guys like emanuel with guys like Giuliani, there's your answer...don't need any newer "smarter" laws.

5 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Gotta let the cops do their job without having to worry about backlash from groups like blm and weak-kneed politicians worried about someone getting offended.

If you put Rudy Giuliani in charge of getting the crime in control in Chicago and let him do it his way, he could get it under control. 

Replace guys like emanuel with guys like Giuliani, there's your answer...don't need any newer "smarter" laws.

I agree with most of your statements, but the Police also need to get control of their code of silence.

Giuliani did a heck of job in New York.  I know the pre and post Giuliani NYC.  It's like night and day.  You can walk all over Manhattan and not worry too much about being a target.  With that said, NYC really has lost it's "flavor" too.  Manhattan used to have all sorts of people living there and creating a unique experience.  Today it's pretty much a collection of people from the same socioeconomic situation living in a bubble.  

Chicago needs new leadership like yesterday.  

3 hours ago, Remmus said:

I agree with most of your statements, but the Police also need to get control of their code of silence.

Giuliani did a heck of job in New York.  I know the pre and post Giuliani NYC.  It's like night and day.  You can walk all over Manhattan and not worry too much about being a target.  With that said, NYC really has lost it's "flavor" too.  Manhattan used to have all sorts of people living there and creating a unique experience.  Today it's pretty much a collection of people from the same socioeconomic situation living in a bubble.  

Got to b-slap you on the "Code of Silence".   That's not the problem.  Wake up.  Problem is if the cops have to physically attack, or shoot a person not in compliance, they are automatically considered the aggressor.  The JD and Media is on them like hot on Tabasco.  Ergo, Cops avoid confrontations.  Spew all the liberal bs you want, but if I'm confronted with 3 or 4 big dudes ready to put an Anal Whipping on me, I'm going to shoot me all of them if possible.  Second guess Cops, along with the liberal media all you want, but those bangers in Chicago need to know there's a price to pay.

12 hours ago, Remmus said:

Code of silence is a problem???   really?

Don't know if your loss of flavor comment is true or not but if I lived there, I could give up a little "flavor" if there was a much smaller chance of getting mugged.

13 hours ago, REBgp said:

Got to b-slap you on the "Code of Silence".   That's not the problem.  Wake up.  Problem is if the cops have to physically attack, or shoot a person not in compliance, they are automatically considered the aggressor.  The JD and Media is on them like hot on Tabasco.  Ergo, Cops avoid confrontations.  Spew all the liberal bs you want, but if I'm confronted with 3 or 4 big dudes ready to put an Anal Whipping on me, I'm going to shoot me all of them if possible.  Second guess Cops, along with the liberal media all you want, but those bangers in Chicago need to know there's a price to pay.

Lock them up and throw away the key. The justice system is too lenient on criminals. Probation and short sentences is part of the problem. Quit giving trash 10 years of probation and give the community 10 years of trash less streets. Robbers, rapists, killers, drug dealers have no place in society. Put them down or lock them up.

On 1/4/2017 at 7:18 PM, Remmus said:

That code of silence crap is... just that, crap.

Some people would have you believe that it is 1948 and officers cover for each other at the expense of their own freedom. That is patent nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

That code of silence crap is... just that, crap.

Some people would have you believe that it is 1948 and officers cover for each other at the expense of their own freedom. That is patent nonsense. 

Surrre ...we don't have any officers keeping things in house.  They love to snitch on each other.  I'll agree that when you have a video or a really bad story, one cop won't lie for the other.  I don't think all cops are corrupt, but we have too many daggone police departments.  There's a difference between HPD and small town PD's.  My understanding is larger departments have more resources, better training, more diversity, and so on.  If conservatives want to start consolidating something, lets start with how our policing is set up.  No reason to have a local Humble, TX police force with their own leadership when you have Houston (and several other) PD's right across the street.  Centralize the leadership of the PD's and get a more consistent performance.  I'm not saying fire cops, just put them under fewer umbrellas.     

11 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Surrre ...we don't have any officers keeping things in house.  They love to snitch on each other.  I'll agree that when you have a video or a really bad story, one cop won't lie for the other.  I don't think all cops are corrupt, but we have too many daggone police departments.  There's a difference between HPD and small town PD's.  My understanding is larger departments have more resources, better training, more diversity, and so on.  If conservatives want to start consolidating something, lets start with how our policing is set up.  No reason to have a local Humble, TX police force with their own leadership when you have Houston (and several other) PD's right across the street.  Centralize the leadership of the PD's and get a more consistent performance.  I'm not saying fire cops, just put them under fewer umbrellas.     

You can't take a group of about a million people and say "any". That in itself is nonsense. 

Take a group that large of anyone and you can make any claim that you wish. Movie stars are murders. So are athletes. Democrats are child molesters. Republicans are racists. 

Why can we say those things with that true belief? Easy, we can find members of those groups that do exactly that. 

Yes, officers "snitch" on each other all the time. As a police supervisor I have had on several occasions had officers report misconduct or criminal acts by other officers. On many occasions I have questioned officers on misconduct of fellow officers and sometimes even friends and had them give information that incriminated the friend. 

Like screaming racism, it is easy to paint with a broad brush from the outside. Is it possible to find two officers alone and one cover for the other at the risk of his own career and even prison? Absolutely. It is common? Not hardly. 

If there are 20,000 crooked officers out there, that is about 2% of all federal, state and local officers. Want to double it to a horrendous 40,000 officers? Okay, 96% of officers do not fit in that category. 

I have no clue what you umbrella statement is about. Are you saying to have maybe in the Golden Triangle, that the Beaumont police chief controls the officers in Nederland? That would mean that Beaumont would be setting the tax rate for Nederland? Wow, talk about a truly liberal concept. No more local control. Let what is good for Houston (or bad) be forced on Beaumont because everyone knows that Houston officers have more training resources?

The way your statement is laid out that we have "too many" police departments, you are also saying "we have too many city councils". The citizens of a city elect their own representatives who set their own tax rates who run their own police departments. Apparently that is wrong in your opinion.  

Ooooookay............... 

4 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

You can't take a group of about a million people and say "any". That in itself is nonsense. 

Take a group that large of anyone and you can make any claim that you wish. Movie stars are murders. So are athletes. Democrats are child molesters. Republicans are racists. 

Why can we say those things with that true belief? Easy, we can find members of those groups that do exactly that. 

Yes, officers "snitch" on each other all the time. As a police supervisor I have had on several occasions had officers report misconduct or criminal acts by other officers. On many occasions I have questioned officers on misconduct of fellow officers and sometimes even friends and had them give information that incriminated the friend. 

Like screaming racism, it is easy to paint with a broad brush from the outside. Is it possible to find two officers alone and one cover for the other at the risk of his own career and even prison? Absolutely. It is common? Not hardly. 

If there are 20,000 crooked officers out there, that is about 2% of all federal, state and local officers. Want to double it to a horrendous 40,000 officers? Okay, 96% of officers do not fit in that category. 

I have no clue what you umbrella statement is about. Are you saying to have maybe in the Golden Triangle, that the Beaumont police chief controls the officers in Nederland? That would mean that Beaumont would be setting the tax rate for Nederland? Wow, talk about a truly liberal concept. No more local control. Let what is good for Houston (or bad) be forced on Beaumont because everyone knows that Houston officers have more training resources?

The way your statement is laid out that we have "too many" police departments, you are also saying "we have too many city councils". The citizens of a city elect their own representatives who set their own tax rates who run their own police departments. Apparently that is wrong in your opinion.  

Ooooookay............... 

I'd say you're biased on cops.

We can figure out the tax thing (dirty word here).  Local control is usually what's at the center of these corruption cases.  Everyone knows each other. Some turn a blind.  Others lose trust.  If the military was locally controlled we'd have a lot of fluctuation in policy and performance.

9 minutes ago, Remmus said:

We can figure out the tax thing (dirty word here).  Local control is usually what's at the center of these corruption cases.  Everyone knows each other. Some turn a blind.  Others lose trust.  If the military was locally controlled we'd have a lot of fluctuation in policy and performance.

That's what is always uttered by a big government guy.  There is only one IRS but it didnt stop Lois Lerner 

15 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Where is the bias?

If you ever see me say that there aren't corrupt or brutal officers, please point it out. I have made excuses for none of them. I have gotten officers fired because of abuse. I have submitted felony charges against an officer. In many forums I have sided with people that an officer in a particular case used improper force. Where is the bias. 

Is it bias to point out that if 40 thousand cops are crooked, 96% of them are not involved? 

So what is your perception on the number of bad officers? 100,000 perhaps? If so then 9 out of 10 are not included. Let us see your bias on how bad you believe officers are and how many are committing criminal acts to cover for other officers. 

Perhaps for your bias, you might take a look in the mirror. 

4 minutes ago, Remmus said:

the point of this one incident is?

That is great stuff. 

So this is "one incident". If one officer (out of a million) does something... it covers everyone. Apparently that broad brush only goes in one direction. In Lois Lerner's case, she was alone at the top of exempt organizations. I guess in her case it was 100% crooked...... 

But it was only "one incident". 

If you have a crook atop the all inclusive police department of Orange, Pt. Arthur, Beaumont, Groves, Pt. Neches, Nederland, Lumberton, Silsbee, Sour Lake, then the entire law enforcement agency of the area is impacted.  If you have, as you do now, separate agencies, a single bad guy has considerably less impact.

50 minutes ago, Remmus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong TVC, but on corruption cases(or any other major case) aren't outside forces are brought in to investigate?  ie Texas Rangers