Nederland 48 Little Cypress-Mauriceville 39/FINAL

WOSgrad

Right next to the old one.  With all due respect, we have NEVER been last in that district.  Our last year with the Beaumont schools we finished fourth in district and lost to CE King in OT in the bi-district game.  We beat Ozen that year at the Bear Cave.  I think Bluedove will remember that game if you do not...

5 hours ago, Bear Cave said:

Right next to the old one.  With all due respect, we have NEVER been last in that district.  Our last year with the Beaumont schools we finished fourth in district and lost to CE King in OT in the bi-district game.  We beat Ozen that year at the Bear Cave.  I think Bluedove will remember that game if you do not...

No, not finished last, but last time central and LC-M was in the district...  I guess I worded it wrong...  

On 11/22/2016 at 9:25 PM, TxHoops said:

Had to be in Houston tonight but got some impressive reports on the Nederland freshman. Apparently put someone on a poster with a two hand dunk.  Also heard he put the clamps on LCM's best player when they were matched up.  Only seen him a couple of times but this kid continues to impress. 

14 minutes ago, PhatMack19 said:

My son showed me this clip last night off of Vype.  He was there and saw it live.  If we could use emojis on here I would insert those eyeballs.  Wow.  The shocking thing is the kid looks about 12 in the face.  

As for the team, I may have to revise my district picks.  LCM holds the a lot when they are outhorsed but the wins over Kelly and HJ yesterday are very impressive.  I think I still like ozen but Ned is going to be right there competing for the district title. 

On November 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Bear Cave said:

We'd like to think so.  Only eight games left in the ole cave and the new version should be ready for next year.  Hopefully gonna be one of the better venues in the area.

Hope it's built along the same lines as Evadale and East Chambers.  Two best in the area to my (limited) knowledge.

On November 23, 2016 at 10:06 AM, TxHoops said:

My son showed me this clip last night off of Vype.  He was there and saw it live.  If we could use emojis on here I would insert those eyeballs.  Wow.  The shocking thing is the kid looks about 12 in the face.  

As for the team, I may have to revise my district picks.  LCM holds the a lot when they are outhorsed but the wins over Kelly and HJ yesterday are very impressive.  I think I still like ozen but Ned is going to be right there competing for the district title. 

And he doesn't look that tall.  Young man has some springs under him.

On 11/23/2016 at 10:06 AM, TxHoops said:

l'm sure it was just in that brief clip, but that looked like no defense on either ends of the floor by two teams who are traditionally solid defensively.

9 hours ago, undiscovered said:

l'm sure it was just in that brief clip, but that looked like no defense on either ends of the floor by two teams who are traditionally solid defensively.

That looked like really bad transition defense for LCM and a really bad travel before the dunk.  But that kid is really, really athletic for a freshman!