Mitt Romney-Secretary of state?

Big girl

3 minutes ago, Englebert said:

The previous time I heard that promise the costs skyrocketed. I wonder if Trump will follow the previous administration's lead and give incomplete and falsified data to the Congressional Budget Office so they can give a highly inaccurate fiscal estimate.

I've heard to many times about the aca causing cost to rise. So common sense says that cost should drop.

6 minutes ago, nappyroots said:

I've heard to many times about the aca causing cost to rise. So common sense says that cost should drop.

Yes it should if Trump repeals it. But he's also pledged to replace it. And I have zero faith in this replacement plan significantly dropping the cost. It's usually a safe bet to follow the mantra "when government gets involved, costs will rise and quality will fall".

1 hour ago, Englebert said:

Yes it should if Trump repeals it. But he's also pledged to replace it. And I have zero faith in this replacement plan significantly dropping the cost. It's usually a safe bet to follow the mantra "when government gets involved, costs will rise and quality will fall".

He said that he is not going to repeal it.

19 hours ago, Englebert said:

Some of us knew all along that Bush and Romney were not the devil the Left wing media made them out to be. Maybe this will open your eyes to the effects of the Left wing propaganda machine. I won't hold my breath. But it is apparent that you've been brainwashed to believe Trump is an idiot. Please enlighten us as to why you believe that a man that has grown a company into a 9 billion dollar empire is mentally deficient. And I notice you keep referencing Trump's lack of experience, but you voted for a man that's only political experience was serving around a year in the Senate (voting present in every opportunity)? What in your mind makes Obama's limited experience as a community organizer and freshman Senator so superior to Trump's senior experience in building a multinational multibillion dollar empire?

I never thought Romney was the devil. I don't recall thinking that Bush was a bad person, but i think he was a horrible President. I wasn't extremely upset when he was elected, like i was with Trump. Bush was the governor of Texas, so he had some political experience. I am almost positive that his advisors knew they had to staff the West Wing.

14 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

Maybe a businessman is what this country needs.  Not another corrupt politician.

Yet, he is surrounding himself with politicians. W

6 hours ago, PhatMack19 said:

I've been trying to get a registered nurse to help me with my taxes for a few weeks now so I can get free stuff.  I'm not terrified, but pretty close each time I look at what insurance cost these days.  

Shouldn't you consult with a CPA?

7 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I never thought Romney was the devil. I don't recall thinking that Bush was a bad person, but i think he was a horrible President. I wasn't extremely upset when he was elected, like i was with Trump. Bush was the governor of Texas, so he had some political experience. I am almost positive that his advisors knew they had to staff the West Wing.

9 minutes ago, Big girl said:

But you think Obama was a seasoned politician when he was elected.  Heck no he wasn't, he was a good speaker.

20 hours ago, Englebert said:

Some of us knew all along that Bush and Romney were not the devil the Left wing media made them out to be. Maybe this will open your eyes to the effects of the Left wing propaganda machine. I won't hold my breath. But it is apparent that you've been brainwashed to believe Trump is an idiot. Please enlighten us as to why you believe that a man that has grown a company into a 9 billion dollar empire is mentally deficient. And I notice you keep referencing Trump's lack of experience, but you voted for a man that's only political experience was serving around a year in the Senate (voting present in every opportunity)? What in your mind makes Obama's limited experience as a community organizer and freshman Senator so superior to Trump's senior experience in building a multinational multibillion dollar empire?

He had political experience. According to this article, he served longer than a year.

This is the hidden content, please

25 minutes ago, Englebert said:

No he didn't. He said he would keep some parts of it. If you believe what you wrote, provide a link.

So, if he keeps some parts, he is not repealing it. Right?

rəˈpēl/
verb
  1. 1.
    revoke or annul (a law or congressional act).
    "the legislation was repealed five months later"
    synonyms:
    declare null and void,
    ; 

8 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

But you think Obama was a seasoned politician when he was elected.  Heck no he wasn't, he was a good speaker.

He had political experience. He knew how the government worked. Trump doesn't. Obama was a senator for around 2 years. Look at the article I posted. If Trump has served in the Senate, some people would be more at ease

3 minutes ago, Big girl said:

He had political experience. He knew how the government worked. Trump doesn't. Obama was a senator for around 2 years.

BigGirl, I would offer this thought:  maybe the "politician" is what the people finally rejected.  With ~20 Trillion in debt and an out of control bureaucracy, I submit the people finally had enough.  And who better to reign in spending than a successful business man who will surround himself with excellent people?

15 minutes ago, Big girl said:

He had political experience. According to this article, he served longer than a year.

I posted he served "around a year". Thanks for verifying my correct statement. Since this is a college football Saturday, I think the expression is "The ruling on the field is confirmed."

And how does time served voting present in nearly every vote equate to presidential experience?

5 minutes ago, Englebert said:

I posted he served "around a year". Thanks for verifying my correct statement. Since this is a college football Saturday, I think the expression is "The ruling on the field is confirmed."

And how does time served voting present in nearly every vote equate to presidential experience?

2 years of political experience vs 0. Who are you going with?

8 minutes ago, Reagan said:

BigGirl, I would offer this thought:  maybe the "politician" is what the people finally rejected.  With ~20 Trillion in debt and an out of control bureaucracy, I submit the people finally had enough.  And who better to reign in spending than a successful business man who will surround himself with excellent people?

This is the most important position in the world, not an entry level position. We shouldn't experiment with a business person and think MAYBE he will be good for the country.

2 minutes ago, Big girl said:

2 years of political experience vs 0. Who are you going with?

I'm going with the guy that spent over 30 years working closely with government officials versus a man who's only experience is being a community agitator and collecting a paycheck for doing nothing in the Senate. Simple!