Internment camps

Big girl

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

This is the hidden content, please

What are your thoughts?

The man made a statement then later walked it back. So what?

I am highly curious of your thoughts. Are you going to try and use his statements to condemn all Navy Seals? Are you going to try to condemn the Trump administration? Are you going to try to condemn all white people? What is ticking in your head right now? Care to articulate?

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

This is the hidden content, please

What are your thoughts?

It's like when Hillary made the statement that if elected she was going to run the coal miners out of business and coal miners will lose their jobs.  And when a miner confronted her about it she said -- you took my statement out of context!  So, BigGirl, if you excepted your beloved Hillary's explanation then you have to accept that this too was taken out of context!

I think they should put them in your back yard.

Ever heard of Ellis Island? How about the Cuban camps in Miami when Castro emptied his prisons and sent them here? 

I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

I see nothing wrong with "camps".

Where would you have them stay.....at a Holiday Inn?

My solution is tell them he'll no! Then you don't have to worry about accommodations.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

I have answered questions. That was a classic case of deflecting, so I assume you agree with internment camps. Wow!!!!

You need a safe room.....

Let me clarify, because you really think someone in the year 2016 would agree with a internment camp.

Edited by thetragichippy
So words don't get put in my mouth

8 hours ago, baddog said:

I think they should put them in your back yard.

Ever heard of Ellis Island? How about the Cuban camps in Miami when Castro emptied his prisons and sent them here? 

I'll answer your question if you answer mine.

I see nothing wrong with "camps".

Where would you have them stay.....at a Holiday Inn?

My solution is tell them he'll no! Then you don't have to worry about accommodations.

So, the military should round up Muslim citizens, even people who were born here, and put them in camps. That is what happened to some Japanese people during WW2. Is that what you are saying?. 

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

So, the military should round up Muslim citizens, even people who were born here, and put them in camps. That is what happened to some Japanese people during WW2. Is that what you are saying?. 

Don't know how much plainer I can say it. What hhappened to  th h err Japs, were they tortured, raped, or murdered? We were at war with the Japs. The sobs bombed Pearl Harbor without provocation but let's bleed our hearts because we were smart enough to round them up. 

10 minutes ago, baddog said:

Don't know how much plainer I can say it. What hhappened to  th h err Japs, were they tortured, raped, or murdered? We were at war with the Japs. The sobs bombed Pearl Harbor without provocation but let's bleed our hearts because we were smart enough to round them up. 

But it wasnt very "compassionate"

So what if a Trump supporter believes something? 

I seem to remember that quite a few Obama supporters that were members of BLM were chanting that the police should fry like bacon. 

I guess Obama condones the murder of police officers. He certainly gave moral backing to BLM after some members make their chants of frying officers. If Trump is responsible for any belief by anyone that voted for him, shouldn't Obama be held to the same standard?

It makes perfect sense using the same rationale of, "A Trump supporter says.....". 

Internment camps for people that are in this country is stupid. Camps (not internment) for people that are looking to come in but not yet here might make sense. They want to get here with our permission. If they are overseas and in camps with tents or other adequate housing while waiting to prove their past, it seems okay to me. In fact it could be humanitarian giving them a decent place to stay before any acceptance to get into the country.  

As an example the Vietnamese, who were our allies in a decade of war and were fleeing after the USA backed out of an agreement to defend the country if they were attacked again by North Vietnam, were placed in camps in Guam and the Philippines to begin with. They were then transferred to "housing" in the USA before gaining true freedom and resident status. I am fairly certain that the USA owed them something after signing an agreement and then reneging. Even so, they were placed in camps and/or housed in two different countries before being released into the rest of the USA.

Some of the Muslims fleeing are owed what by the USA? Everyone wants to come here so I understand their desires but what other connection is there? It is like the Vietnamese who were war allies? If so, where?

The idea of "internment" seems like nonsense but being placed in camps or housing before reaching US shores does not. 

10 hours ago, baddog said:

OMG. They rounded up American citizens. They were not responsible for the bombings. If a bunch of white men from France start blowing up U.S. buildings and terrorizing U.S. citizens would you be ok with being rounded up and put in an internment camp? This is why college students are terrified. Some people actually believe that US citizens  ,that are of Muslim faith ,should be forced to register with the government . Whose next? Black people?

10 hours ago, tvc184 said:

So what if a Trump supporter believes something? 

I seem to remember that quite a few Obama supporters that were members of BLM were chanting that the police should fry like bacon. 

I guess Obama condones the murder of police officers. He certainly gave moral backing to BLM after some members make their chants of frying officers. If Trump is responsible for any belief by anyone that voted for him, shouldn't Obama be held to the same standard?

It makes perfect sense using the same rationale of, "A Trump supporter says.....". 

Internment camps for people that are in this country is stupid. Camps (not internment) for people that are looking to come in but not yet here might make sense. They want to get here with our permission. If they are overseas and in camps with tents or other adequate housing while waiting to prove their past, it seems okay to me. In fact it could be humanitarian giving them a decent place to stay before any acceptance to get into the country.  

As an example the Vietnamese, who were our allies in a decade of war and were fleeing after the USA backed out of an agreement to defend the country if they were attacked again by North Vietnam, were placed in camps in Guam and the Philippines to begin with. They were then transferred to "housing" in the USA before gaining true freedom and resident status. I am fairly certain that the USA owed them something after signing an agreement and then reneging. Even so, they were placed in camps and/or housed in two different countries before being released into the rest of the USA.

Some of the Muslims fleeing are owed what by the USA? Everyone wants to come here so I understand their desires but what other connection is there? It is like the Vietnamese who were war allies? If so, where?

The idea of "internment" seems like nonsense but being placed in camps or housing before reaching US shores does not. 

This is ridiculous idea. Everyone needs to be probably vetted, not just people of Muslim faith. Putting anyone in an camp or "housing" before they get here is asinine. The fact that people think that this type of thing is acceptable is the reason my son is receiving counseling

3 minutes ago, Big girl said:

This is ridiculous idea. Everyone needs to be probably vetted, not just people of Muslim faith. Putting anyone in an internment camp is asinine. The fact that people think that this type of thing is acceptable is the reason my son is receiving counseling

He is receiving counseling due to your indoctrination of him for 19 years.