Porter vs PAM

pakronos

I didn't understand the onside kick for sure way too much time to play defense get the stop and go and win the game. Giving Vidor a short field with the lead was well just plain stupid! Very poor decision on XBOXs part for sure. I look for PAM to score quick and often in this game. I think the defense causes a few turnovers and puts this game away by halftime. I have to say this is a very bad matchup for Porter, Kinda like when PNG played Crosby a few years back with the twins, Those two fellas put on a clinic in the first half lol , after a QB change we were able to make a few plays and match them point for point  but that was way too late lol. PAM49-Porter 10

6 hours ago, biaplayer said:

I didn't understand the onside kick for sure way too much time to play defense get the stop and go and win the game. Giving Vidor a short field with the lead was well just plain stupid! Very poor decision on XBOXs part for sure. I look for PAM to score quick and often in this game. I think the defense causes a few turnovers and puts this game away by halftime. I have to say this is a very bad matchup for Porter, Kinda like when PNG played Crosby a few years back with the twins, Those two fellas put on a clinic in the first half lol , after a QB change we were able to make a few plays and match them point for point  but that was way too late lol. PAM49-Porter 10

I always here posters call him Xbox just curious why ..please explain . ..

16 hours ago, pakronos said:

keep in mind the score was 24-21. PAM scored 21 points VERY QUICKLY... i don't think they would have lost IF xbox did a better job at play calling...example...doing things in the opening drive, that you never done ALL SEASON. Putting KJ at QB which was a penalty and then you put him at WR and stare him down and throw to him....OVER THROW to him...then the silly onside kick with 8 min left. Vidor did what they had to, but with all offenses like that, you eventually figure them out and they get shut down, which our defense did in the second half...the coach just took them out the game

My view is, yes they stopped Vidor 3 series in a row but the defense was very tired. They were basically on the field the whole game. As a coach, you know your team. Kicking it deep could they have gotten a stop? Possibly but Vidor could've also eaten up the rest of the clock and ya'll not gotten the ball back. Ya'll could've still gotten the stop with short field, your defense had shown that.

10 hours ago, vp93 said:

My view is, yes they stopped Vidor 3 series in a row but the defense was very tired. They were basically on the field the whole game. As a coach, you know your team. Kicking it deep could they have gotten a stop? Possibly but Vidor could've also eaten up the rest of the clock and ya'll not gotten the ball back. Ya'll could've still gotten the stop with short field, your defense had shown that.

they were not tired. due to vidor takes their time with plays, they were never in a hurry. PAM's defense is well conditioned. especially in the second half, PAM had all the momentum. take your chances of kicking it deep and make them drive. who knows, they might fumble...or force a punt. as you can see, PAM don't need a lot of time to score.

11 hours ago, Pirate fan 85 said:

I always here posters call him Xbox just curious why ..please explain . ..

see 4th qtr of Vidor game with a little over 8 min left is one example. he coaches the game as if he's playing madden on xbox. some of his plays looks like he got them from madden. he does silly stuff at the wrong time, that almost always end in disaster.

1 hour ago, pakronos said:

see 4th qtr of Vidor game with a little over 8 min left is one example. he coaches the game as if he's playing madden on xbox. some of his plays looks like he got them from madden. he does silly stuff at the wrong time, that almost always end in disaster.

Yes I see now...   He should have kicked it deep let defense do there job..

PAM better put Porter away early, Jim Holley is not the type of coach you want your team to be in tight games with in the 4th quarter. Porter is getting a home game in their first playoff appearance in school history, Texan Drive will be rocking. Especially with New Caney not playing until Saturday. Do any Porter or NC fans know if the other receiver who hasn't been playing is going to be available tonight? I still think PAM gets the win but I like Porter's chances a lot better with him out there.

On November 5, 2016 at 3:53 PM, FrodoNDN said:

If just one, then Titans should have that covered with Vincent...

So if #2 plays they move him all over the field to get him open. Lots of time in the slot on weak side by himself stacked on end of line so it's gonna need to be a concerted effort from the whole defense one player won't shut him down (we learned that the hard way.) 

On November 7, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Cougar14.2 said:

You posted exactly what I said. After being down 21-0 at half it was 24-21 fifteen minutes into the second half. You just scored and your defense had only given up three points he second half. According to AAW PAM stopped Vidor on downs three times up until that point, why go onside? Kick it and play defense with that much time. 

Porter not running a spread has nothing to do with how much time their coach can take off the clock. A couple of years ago when at KP Jim Holley beat a CE King team, with the SEC's leading rusher Trey Williams, that's probably better than the current PAM team. KP played spread the whole year then pulled out a tight run formation against King and beat them. Basically installed a whole offense in a week, I'm not saying that what he'll do this week but the guy can coach. Porter does have personnel limits which is why I think PAM will win, but so did Vidor. 

Or how bout when he was at KP, Crosby went up 21 at half and we almost lost to KWP because he brought out a 7 man line with the maryland I in the second half and Crosby won on a field goal. 

1 hour ago, Cougtalk said:

So if #2 plays they move him all over the field to get him open. Lots of time in the slot on weak side by himself stacked on end of line so it's gonna need to be a concerted effort from the whole defense one player won't shut him down (we learned that the hard way.) 

Who ever Vincent covers will be shut down you can bet on that...he not the top cb in the country for no reason...LSU commit also