Woodville BYE

Week 11 Schedule

Buna (+13) vs Kirbyville
Coldspring-Oakhurst at Woodville (+8)
Kountze (+6) vs Warren
Trinity BYE

Team / PF - PA / Record

Buna / 248 - 207 / (6-3)(4-1)
Coldspring-Oakhurst / 293 - 174 / (4-4)(4-1)
Kirbyville / 270 - 180 / (6-3)(3-2)
Kountze / 194 - 395 / (2-7)(0-5)
Trinity / 175 - 309 / (3-7)(2-4)
Warren / 58 - 311 / (1-8)(0-5)
Woodville / 372 - 83 / (8-1)(5-0)

Week 6 of district play yielded exactly what we expected, aside from a much closer than expected game between Kirbyville and Trinity, which ended 28-27 in favor of the Wildcats of Kirbyville. Buna took care of Warren, 43-0. Coldspring-Oakhurst defeated Kountze handily, 62-6.

Week 11, or the 7th week of district play is exactly what we've all been waiting for in this district the entire year. All games are important to each school. Kountze and Warren battle it out to avoid a last-place finish. Kountze should win it, but the Warriors have a good opening to win their first game in district play. Buna hosts Kirbyville in a pivotal match-up. Buna's only hope of a share of the district championship is a win and a Woodville loss. Even then, the first seed is out of the question, but still alot at stake for them. I expect Buna to win a good game at home though. For the game of the week and the one everybody will be watching. Woodville hosts Coldspring in the eventual District Championship game. Implications are huge. Woodville has already clinched a share of the title, but could fall to second with a loss. Coldspring could clinch an outright championship by beating Woodville by 15 or more (correct me if I'm wrong. Point spreads confuse me). I expect Woodville to win at home, giving them their first district title since 2005 and their first 9-win regular season since 1983.

Scenarios for each team (correct me if wrong. I tried. Lol):

Buna: can clinch 2nd with win, or tie for 1st with win AND CS win

Coldspring-Oakhurst: can clinch 1st win 16+ point win, clinches 2nd with Buna loss AND win of 15 or less points over Woodville

Kirbyville: clinched 4th seed

Kountze: eliminated

Trinity: eliminated

Warren: eliminated

Woodville: can clinch 1st with win over CS, fall as low as 3rd with 16+ point loss to CS AND Buna win

District Standings:

1. Woodville (8-1)(5-0)
2. Buna (6-3)(4-1)
3. Coldspring-Oakhurst (4-4)(4-1)
4. Kirbyville (6-3)(3-2)
5. Trinity (3-7)(2-4)
6. Kountze  (2-8)(0-5)
7. Warren (1-8)(0-5)

Game of the Week:
Woodville vs Coldspring-Oakhurst

ALSO...would like to congratulate the Trinity Tigers on a great season, as tonight was their final game. They finished the season with a final record of 3-7 and their young team gained a world of experience. Look for them to compete well for a playoff spot next year!

4 hours ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Week 10 Scores 

Buna 43 over Warren 0
Kirbyville 28 over Trinity 27
Coldspring-Oakhurst 62 over Kountze 6
Woodville BYE

Week 11 Schedule

Buna (+13) vs Kirbyville
Coldspring-Oakhurst at Woodville (+8)
Kountze (+6) vs Warren
Trinity BYE

Team / PF - PA / Record

Buna / 248 - 207 / (6-3)(4-1)
Coldspring-Oakhurst / 293 - 174 / (4-4)(4-1)
Kirbyville / 270 - 180 / (6-3)(3-2)
Kountze / 194 - 395 / (2-7)(0-5)
Trinity / 175 - 309 / (3-7)(2-4)
Warren / 58 - 311 / (1-8)(0-5)
Woodville / 372 - 83 / (8-1)(5-0)

Week 6 of district play yielded exactly what we expected, aside from a much closer than expected game between Kirbyville and Trinity, which ended 28-27 in favor of the Wildcats of Kirbyville. Buna took care of Warren, 43-0. Coldspring-Oakhurst defeated Kountze handily, 62-6.

Week 11, or the 7th week of district play is exactly what we've all been waiting for in this district the entire year. All games are important to each school. Kountze and Warren battle it out to avoid a last-place finish. Kountze should win it, but the Warriors have a good opening to win their first game in district play. Buna hosts Kirbyville in a pivotal match-up. Buna's only hope of a share of the district championship is a win and a Woodville loss. Even then, the first seed is out of the question, but still alot at stake for them. I expect Buna to win a good game at home though. For the game of the week and the one everybody will be watching. Woodville hosts Coldspring in the eventual District Championship game. Implications are huge. Woodville has already clinched a share of the title, but could fall to second with a loss. Coldspring could clinch an outright championship by beating Woodville by 15 or more (correct me if I'm wrong. Point spreads confuse me). I expect Woodville to win at home, giving them their first district title since 2005 and their first 9-win regular season since 1983.

Scenarios for each team (correct me if wrong. I tried. Lol):

Buna: can clinch 2nd with win, or tie for 1st with win AND CS win

Coldspring-Oakhurst: can clinch 1st win 16+ point win, clinches 2nd with Buna loss AND win of 15 or less points over Woodville

Kirbyville: clinched 4th seed

Kountze: eliminated

Trinity: eliminated

Warren: eliminated

Woodville: can clinch 1st with win over CS, fall as low as 3rd with 16+ point loss to CS AND Buna win

District Standings:

1. Woodville (8-1)(5-0)
2. Buna (6-3)(4-1)
3. Coldspring-Oakhurst (4-4)(4-1)
4. Kirbyville (6-3)(3-2)
5. Trinity (3-7)(2-4)
6. Kountze  (2-8)(0-5)
7. Warren (1-8)(0-5)

Game of the Week:
Woodville vs Coldspring-Oakhurst

ALSO...would like to congratulate the Trinity Tigers on a great season, as tonight was their final game. They finished the season with a final record of 3-7 and their young team gained a world of experience. Look for them to compete well for a playoff spot next year!

Everything looks good except for Kirbyville clinching 4th. We actually could go as high as #2, but we'll have to work for it.

If we beat Buna, but by less than 9...or lose...then we're 4th.

If we beat them by at least 9, but less than 20, we're 3rd.

If we beat them by 20 or more, we go as #2.

This is all dependent on Woodville beating Coldspring though. If that doesn't happen, then we're 4th for sure and there will be a 3 way tie for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. 

Whew...that's too much thinking. :)

Ok I just looked at the scenarios of a 3 way tie for 1st in the unlikely event that Coldspring beats Woodville..

Right now, Buna is at a -15 (beat CS by 5, lost to Woodville by 20) so they can't take 1st no matter what.

If CS beats Woodville by 13+, they take first because they would be at a +8. (5 point loss to Buna, 13 pt hypothetical win over Woodville)

If that happened, Woodville would be at a +7. (20pt win over Buna, 13pt hypothetical loss to CS)

29 minutes ago, eagleswoodville#1 said:

Woodville.....should.....beat Coldspring. Should. They have more talent all-around than CS and much more size up front. Again I say.....they.....should.....beat them. We all know how much weight the word "should" carries in high school football though. Lol

A lot of surprises have happened so far this year...especially in this district. I don't believe there will be another one this Fri. No disrespect to CS, they are good, but Woodville reached that all-too-elusive 'different level' this yr. I say Eagles by 2+ scores. 

32 minutes ago, WildcatBacker said:

A lot of surprises have happened so far this year...especially in this district. I don't believe there will be another one this Fri. No disrespect to CS, they are good, but Woodville reached that all-too-elusive 'different level' this yr. I say Eagles by 2+ scores. 

I appreciate the respect. It's been a long time waiting for this community and this program.

From what I have heard, it was voted on to only use the positive points. Which means if Woodville beats Coldspring and Kirbyville beats Buna all 3 end up in a 3 way tie at 4-2. Coldspring is sitting at a +12 and Buna is sitting at a +5. A Kirbyville win of 13 or more gives them the 2nd seed, CS 3rd and Buna 4th. A Kirbyville win of 5-11 gives CS 2nd, KV 3rd and Buna 4th. A KV win of 4 or less gives CS 2nd Buna 3rd and KV 4th. I know not how it usually works and it's crazy but true.

Kirbyville should still have everybody available come Fri night in Buna. We have got to chalk up this close call against Trinity as us being unprepared, and Trinity playing for their lives, and move on...thankful for the win. Now we have to regroup and take care of business, and I believe we can. Underdogs have ruled so far this yr in this district and now we're the underdogs. So, let's get 'er done. 

7 hours ago, bulldog16 said:

From what I have heard, it was voted on to only use the positive points. Which means if Woodville beats Coldspring and Kirbyville beats Buna all 3 end up in a 3 way tie at 4-2. Coldspring is sitting at a +12 and Buna is sitting at a +5. A Kirbyville win of 13 or more gives them the 2nd seed, CS 3rd and Buna 4th. A Kirbyville win of 5-11 gives CS 2nd, KV 3rd and Buna 4th. A KV win of 4 or less gives CS 2nd Buna 3rd and KV 4th. I know not how it usually works and it's crazy but true.

I would think you should know....haha!!