Need some feedback on our rankings

Will be putting together our preseason rankings soon and wanted to get some feedback on how many polls to have.

In the past we did just two polls, Top 12 6A-4A, Top 12 3A-Private. We currently do football in three polls. Top 10 6A-5A, Top 10 4A-3A, Top 10 2A-Private.

We will do one of these following: Top 15 6A-4A, Top 15 3A-Private or have rankings like football.

What do you guys think?

23 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Will be putting together our preseason rankings soon and wanted to get some feedback on how many polls to have.

In the past we did just two polls, Top 12 6A-4A, Top 12 3A-Private. We currently do football in three polls. Top 10 6A-5A, Top 10 4A-3A, Top 10 2A-Private.

We will do one of these following: Top 15 6A-4A, Top 15 3A-Private or have rankings like football.

What do you guys think?

I personally think 3 polls is too many. I do like expanding it to the top 15. Gets more schools in the conversation and could increase viewership for the website :) 

3 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I'd prefer to have to research for two polls rather than three.  I know in the past at times it's been a chore just to find enough small schools with winning records to even round out our small school poll.  I can't imagine doing three polls.

Excellent point.

And part of the problem is even finding those scores since many don't have anyone posting. 

13 hours ago, Honest Abe said:

I agree with two polls, and  increasing to 15 schools in each. Three is too many and too confusing. Also curious if all of WB's 6A foes will be included in the rankings?? Not necessarily SETX schools, but...

I would hope not

• 2 weeks later...