College Player Stands Alone to Honor US

Hagar

12 minutes ago, REBgp said:

This is the hidden content, please

Hats off from Evadale for this young man!

S-A-L-U-T-E .....You have to applaud our educators who made these men college students. They remain in the locker room for the National Anthem but respect the most important words..."with liberty and justice for all". Should I tell them those words are from the Pledge of Allegiance? I suppose they would ask me "What's that?"

9 minutes ago, baddog said:

S-A-L-U-T-E .....You have to applaud our educators who made these men college students. They remain in the locker room for the National Anthem but respect the most important words..."with liberty and justice for all". Should I tell them those words are from the Pledge of Allegiance? I suppose they would ask me "What's that?"

Lmbo, sad but true.

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

Why should I applaud him?  I didn't stand, before Colin made his statement. I didn't feel like it..

What country do you respect enough to stand for their anthem? Why do you spit on the graves of fallen soldiers? What other country is going to let you think you are smarter than everyone else? People have died so that we can be here and enjoy freedoms like no one else on earth. If you can't believe in that.......LEAVE.

On 10/18/2016 at 7:22 PM, REBgp said:

This is the hidden content, please

Hats off from Evadale for this young man!

I posted on another board that I respect and understand Kaepernick's decision to kneel during the anthem.  Wouldn't be my choice but it doesn't have to be.  Plenty of veterans have said the same thing and don't take it as a sleight on their service or the country.  On the contrary, he is exercising a fundamental right for which they sacrificed and fought.  

I also have said I admire when people do hard or unpopular things for something in which they believe.  And no doubt, by the same token, this young man did precisely that.  At his age especially, it is exceedingly hard to go against your entire team based on your beliefs.  Peer pressure is at its height, and he walked alone and took a stand (no pun intended) for something he apparently deeply believes in.  For that alone he deserves respect and admiration. 

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

I posted on another board that I respect and understand Kaepernick's decision to kneel during the anthem.  Wouldn't be my choice but it doesn't have to be.  Plenty of veterans have said the same thing and don't take it as a sleight on their service or the country.  On the contrary, he is exercising a fundamental right for which they sacrificed and fought.  

I also have said I admire when people do hard or unpopular things for something in which they believe.  And no doubt, by the same token, this young man did precisely that.  At his age especially, it is exceedingly hard to go against your entire team based on your beliefs.  Peer pressure is at its height, and he walked alone and took a stand (no pun intended) for something he apparently deeply believes in.  For that alone he deserves respect and admiration. 

I hadn't thought of it like that.  Great point.  And for some of you new folks, that's the great thing about this Forum, sharing worthwhile ideas and opinions.  Yes, most of the time we ignore each other, and butt heads, but there are opportunities to look at something from a different perspective.  By doing so, you can avoid being one of, as Gien Cambell said, "The narrow minded people, on the narrow minded street".

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:49 PM, Big girl said:

Why should I applaud him?  I didn't stand, before Colin made his statement. I didn't feel like it..

Maybe she feels like SFA85. He believes the anthem is "racist and stands for white supremacy". First time I've ever heard this was the other night when I was on the PNG vs. Central thread.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:26 PM, TxHoops said:

If he feels so strongly and passionately about this, can you tell me why he waited until this point in his career to do this?  Wouldn't have anything to do with signing a large contract first, would it?

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

If he feels so strongly and passionately about this, can you tell me why he waited until this point in his career to do this?  Wouldn't have anything to do with signing a large contract first, would it?

Celebrity that he can't quite achieve at QB......well in a negative way.

3 hours ago, stevenash said:

So this issue hasn't become more of an issue (warranted or not) in the last year?  Of course it has