2016 Hoopsgiving Classic/TODAY, updates

39 minutes ago, Who That said:

Who you got in this one ...

Definitely Silsbee.  Kopp (6'6" junior swingman) be as good as anyone on the floor and he's a gamer.  They also have highly regarded sophomore PG Sahvir Wheeler who has committed to A&M.  I've always thought Wheeler was a bit overrated and he will be giving up a foot (yes a foot) to Devon.  Kopp's little brother Anderson is also a competitor who can also shoot it pretty well.  All in all though, I don't think they have near the depth to hang with Silsbee.  I would predict it to be close for a while and Silsbee to pull away and win by double digits.  Somewhere in the 10-20 range.  Another good game for the Tigers though because they won't see players that good until the playoffs once district begins. 

1 hour ago, Kountzer said:

I've done delivery work at that church.  It is a good church gym, but not big enough for a tournament.

Very nice for a church gym.  But way too small for that event.  If you didn't get there for the morning games, they would have a line wrapped around the building with people waiting to get in if someone left. 

I wish I could see that Houston Christian v Silsbee game, but if it is at 2:30pm on the Wednesday before thanksgiving..you can forget that.  Ain't no sense in even trying to get off.   I work at a dps driver license office aka dmv.  Everybody & their moma (literally) will be in there getting their permits & lost IDs before thanksgiving.

Maybe I can catch Atascosita v Travis game at 7pm.  That should be a good one.

1 hour ago, SportsJunkie32 said:

There should be several interesting games this year at The Hoopsgiving Classic.

Looking forward to seeing the teams from SA & OK compete against the local teams.

I wish he wouldn't put Yates in that late game every year.  I'm usually too dang tired and ready to go home by then. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2016 at 7:18 PM, ST413 said:

Ahh had heard this one was supposed to be Westbury Chr.  Don't know much about Houston Chr.

The TABC has Houston Christian ranked #2 in TAPPS 6A. Behind #1 Kinkaid and ahead of #3 Prestonwood. So they should be pretty good. Kinkaid knocked off Brazosport, Aldine Davis, Eisenhower, and Dallas Lincoln this week to win the Aldine Inventational.

16 minutes ago, winwin said:

The TABC has Houston Christian ranked #2 in TAPPS 6A. Behind #1 Kinkaid and ahead of #3 Prestonwood. So they should be pretty good. Kinkaid knocked off Brazosport, Aldine Davis, Eisenhower, and Dallas Lincoln this week to win the Aldine Inventational.

Good!! I am going to be able to make it to the game today.