Porter Spartans vs Dayton Broncos

Bronco94

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Bronco fans will try to get other area JV teams to participate in an area JV tourney. Otherwise, they will celebrate with a parade for winning JV district.

Of all people on here you wear that setx staff director badge and jump on the bandwagons like everyone else and give me a hard time probably like you gave my friend buddy garrity. Well I am not, let me repeat myself, I am not stopping supporting my son and if that means talking about JV games then so be it. Next year I'll be mostly starting varsity topics unless some of my friends sons are on JV, and then of course I'll keep everyone informed. Everyone on here has a right to support and talk about anything and everything they feel is important. I understand some people have ignorance and can't help themselves but I'm frankly surprised. As always GO BRONCOS, varsity JV and all other levels.

13 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Since there's an abysmal lack of Spartans on this Forum, I'll step in and say Porter by 14.  I wouldn't want any Cougars to see this, but Porter impressed me beating Crosby.

Keep in mind how small of an alumni base Porter has only 5 graduated classes. Probably won't see a lot of Porter fans here, but the game crowds have been very good recently.

22 minutes ago, Eagles12 said:

Keep in mind how small of an alumni base Porter has only 5 graduated classes. Probably won't see a lot of Porter fans here, but the game crowds have been very good recently.

Good point.  And I doubt many of the fans are aware of this site.  Heck, a lot of folks around here don't know about it.

JS I heard that Porter now has approx 2500 students,& New Caney 2300.Anybody confirm?Also heard w/growth out in the Plum Grove area/Cleveland ISD per 99.9 fm radio=up 531 new students.Rumor says Cleveland growing so fast they're short teachers & some said next alignment there is a slight possibility Cleveland could jump from 4a to 6a w/o playing 5a sports.Huffman is growing as well.21-5a may very well undergo many changes

If you talk to Liberty CO officials, they will tell you to stay away from Plum Grove. They're having major issues out there. It's booming in population for sure, but problems are arising. I forsee Cleveland going atleast 5A next realignment, with NC and Porter moving up unless they start building that 3rd HS pretty quick.

3 hours ago, liltex said:

JS I heard that Porter now has approx 2500 students,& New Caney 2300.Anybody confirm?Also heard w/growth out in the Plum Grove area/Cleveland ISD per 99.9 fm radio=up 531 new students.Rumor says Cleveland growing so fast they're short teachers & some said next alignment there is a slight possibility Cleveland could jump from 4a to 6a w/o playing 5a sports.Huffman is growing as well.21-5a may very well undergo many changes

Cleveland has trouble with the TEA. Why they can't keep any teachers. 

OK -" mean while back at the Ranch "  If Dayton can play 4qrt's of dominate football defense & offense like they did in both second qtr.'s.  of the NC & BH game then I like our odds. Can't go out and dig a hole in the first quarter -need to play a whole game of smart football. Friday is do or die time for the Bronco's so lets do it. 

This is the hidden content, please

9 hours ago, liltex said:

Not true Porter isn't nearly that large in enrollment.

22 hours ago, liltex said:

Porter and New Caney should be sitting between the 1,900-2,000 mark next alignment. Using today's numbers Cleveland would have to add over 1,000 students before the next re-alignment to move straight to 6A. Huffman and Cleveland will most likely come up to 5A. 

Want to wish my Broncos good luck tonight. I do pray for an injury free ballgame with great sportsmanship. Of course I'll be rooting for my Broncos no matter what happens and I'll be there until the last second ticks away. I do feel we can win this ball game, if we come out and play with heart. If we come out to play 4 quarters and give 110%. This is our house Broncos let's make Porter respect that. It's time to flip that switch tonight Broncos, let's go to work early and not slack up till the last whistle blows. As always, Go Broncos!!!!!

Well Dayton fans, I know the last thing y'all figured would happen after you ran Hancock out of town was that your 20+ year playoff streak would be on the line in week 7 but realistically that's exactly the case tonight. Just because everyone likes and wants to play for a coach doesn't always mean he's the best option when so many other qualified candidates applied. Everyone may not have liked Hancock but I bet the kids that were left playing for him really wanted to play football, not just be part of something with their friends or play for their dad's buddy.

I think you can see what the right hires have done at Crosby, BH, Porter and New Caney. I think you have seen what can happen when you make the wrong one at a place like Kingwood Park. That being said, the Broncos still have a glimmer of hope if they can win this one but as the season has showed thus far, they just don't have the coaching to maximize their talent level anymore. For kids that are used to winning most of their games I think it's tough on their psyche coming off back to back blowouts and losing three of the last four in district play which has probably never happened to them at any level since they've been playing football.

Hopefully Dayton gets it figured out for the rivalry's sake but after watching Jim Holley tonight Bronco fans might be even more disappointed.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Well Dayton fans, I know the last thing y'all figured would happen after you ran Hancock out of town was that your 20+ year playoff streak would be on the line in week 7 but realistically that's exactly the case tonight. Just because everyone likes and wants to play for a coach doesn't always mean he's the best option when so many other qualified candidates applied. Everyone may not have liked Hancock but I bet the kids that were left playing for him really wanted to play football, not just be part of something with their friends or play for their dad's buddy.

I think you can see what the right hires have done at Crosby, BH, Porter and New Caney. I think you have seen what can happen when you make the wrong one at a place like Kingwood Park. That being said, the Broncos still have a glimmer of hope if they can win this one but as the season has showed thus far, they just don't have the coaching to maximize their talent level anymore. For kids that are used to winning most of their games I think it's tough on their psyche coming off back to back blowouts and losing three of the last four in district play which has probably never happened to them at any level since they've been playing football.

Hopefully Dayton gets it figured out for the rivalry's sake but after watching Jim Holley tonight Bronco fans might be even more disappointed.

I'll sum it up w/12 letters=No Discipline,not new stuff.Been several yrs of it

47 minutes ago, liltex said:

I'll sum it up w/12 letters=No Discipline,not new stuff.Been several yrs of it

If "No Discipline" is the problem I don't see it getting any better.  How can the players be expected to have discipline when the coach is parading up and down the sideline screaming and cussing the whole game ?  He looks ridiculous.

30 minutes ago, CCRed said:

If "No Discipline" is the problem I don't see it getting any better.  How can the players be expected to have discipline when the coach is parading up and down the sideline screaming and cussing the whole game ?  He looks ridiculous.

Oh and yalls coach didn't look ridiculous throwing his headset when y'all lost to Porter. Oh that's right y'all are Crosby, above everyone.