Porter Spartans vs Dayton Broncos

Bronco94

2 hours ago, robanadana said:

I think y'all need to get liltex fired up for this one...he needs to put a Dayton PUMP UP on here! Where you at Bobby!

Time is past due to defend our Bronco Pride and home turf & beat the Spartans@our house,Go Broncos knock the Spartans off their chariots that can't move w/o a great horse leading the charge.I have faith,you are family,go be 1 mean team,starting tues,thurs,& friday

This is a huge game for Dayton. Porter still has Crosby, BH , NC and Splendora left to deal with. If Dayton can win this and get a little majic (Like they always seem to do) Dayton still has a shot at the 4th spot to keep the streak alive!

Nothing personal Dayton.  Great football history/tradition, but having been a Pirate, you can probably understand me pulling for a school that has had more than its share of arse whippin's.  No doubt in my mind Porter better bring their A game though.  Is Porter for real?  We'll find out Friday.

8 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

This is a huge game for Dayton. Porter still has Crosby, BH , NC and Splendora left to deal with. If Dayton can win this and get a little majic (Like they always seem to do) Dayton still has a shot at the 4th spot to keep the streak alive!

I know it's hard to believe, but Porter has dealt with Crosby BHFan.  But I get it.  Your pumped up, as you should be..

1 hour ago, BHFAN said:

Actually they beat Crosby so theres that. Humble is the team instead of Crosby. Porter is for real very talented offense and a very scrappy defense. Should be a good one on Friday I think Porter keeps it rolling and gets one step closer to a playoff berth.

16 hours ago, BHFAN said:

This should be a good one! I'm not sold on Porter yet and they are about to step into the meat of the district. If this is being played at Dayton I'll take Dayton in a tight one!

I agree.  I am not sold on Porter either.  They caught Crosby with a bunch of injuries and did well.  But as stated, they are just getting into the meat of the district.  Dayton needs to play defense to win. 

41 minutes ago, easttexiasbias said:

I am just asking the question not stirring the pot.  How will everyone handle Dayton not making the playoffs if they don't?  Will the Coach make it for another year?

Bronco fans will try to get other area JV teams to participate in an area JV tourney. Otherwise, they will celebrate with a parade for winning JV district.

10 hours ago, BHFAN said:This is a huge game for Dayton. Porter still has Crosby, BH , NC and Splendora left to deal with. If Dayton can win this and get a little majic (Like they always seem to do) Dayton still has a shot at the 4th spot to keep the streak alive!

Since they already beat Crosby, Porter is at a point in the season where they just need to finish 2-3 down the stretch for a 5-3 district record. Since it's their first year under a new head coach you would think they continue to improve over the last half of the season and accomplish that goal.

Much like I thought the BH vs Dayton score would be similar to the NC vs Dayton score, this could be another three TD win if Porter plays clean football. Porter may not be the best team Dayton has played but I think the coaching difference will be the most noticeable in this one and thus Porter will be harder to beat. Porter can actually beat you with their players too, not just scheme. 

Porter can lose to Dayton, BH and NC and still go to the playoffs with a 5-3 record as long as they beat Humble and Splendora. They're technically still not at the point where they have to win out but since they lost to BH already, a loss to Porter ends any realistic playoff shot for Dayton.