Port Arthur Memorial 42 Nederland 12/FINAL

WOSgrad

Was impressed with the talent the Titans have.  But they are going to play with a lot more discipline if they are going to make a playoff run worthy of their talent.  (I really think next year they will be a state contender in 5A.)  I haven't seen PNG yet but I can't imagine any of the other teams in that district challenging them though, just on the talent disparity.  

Credit to the Bulldogs for not laying down when it was 28-0 in the 1st Q.  They continued to fight but just did not have the horses to compete with the Titans.

1 hour ago, James Mosley said:

Really admire the fight in this years dogs!! What happened to Perkins? He has burned their secondary all night. Two pic 6's other than that great game. 

Wow he got behind the defense once and scored and he burned us all night?? This why the beatings and getting your brakes beat off will continue 

16 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Watch what you ask for!

Actually that is true the way this year is going. Vidor breaks a 35 year losing streak, central may get a win on ned since 2010 and PNG might break their streak also. The only thing we bulldogs are holding on to is at least it's losing streaks that are getting broken

Good game Titans. The better team won for sure. I think yalls toughest game will be Vidor due to their style, but I don't see them stopping your passing game. Should be a high scoring affair. Hated to see Perkins go down. Ned has been decimated by injuries and it just continues to mount. Huge game vs Central next week. Loser isn't looking good for playoffs. We need Simmons back!

53 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

Actually that is true the way this year is going. Vidor breaks a 35 year losing streak, central may get a win on ned since 2010 and PNG might break their streak also. The only thing we bulldogs are holding on to is at least it's losing streaks that are getting broken

Nederland benifited greatly from numbskulls being on the staff a few of those years...  We finally got them out of there and we never fully recovered.  

13 minutes ago, jake94 said:

Good game Titans. The better team won for sure. I think yalls toughest game will be Vidor due to their style, but I don't see them stopping your passing game. Should be a high scoring affair. Hated to see Perkins go down. Ned has been decimated by injuries and it just continues to mount. Huge game vs Central next week. Loser isn't looking good for playoffs. We need Simmons back!

I think PNG will be their closest game.  Titan defense will be tough to navigate against if you are too one-dimensional.  But you could be right.  That's why they play the games.  And to be honest, the Titans shouldn't really have a close game in district but odds are they will at some point. 

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nederland benifited greatly from numbskulls being on the staff a few of those years...  We finally got them out of there and we never fully recovered.  

They also benefited from talent those years. You don't get five DCs and go three rounds deep (2011) and four rounds deep (2012) cause you have no talent. I will say though we did benefit from numbskull choaching  in 2014 when central was loaded and Ned pulled the win out. I think it was 2014 at least, whatever year we won by 39-36.