Dayton 24 Nederland 23/FINAL

Bronco94

14 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nederland, I think now would be the right time for Nederland to swallow their pride and let those TWO YOUNG MEN come back to the team.  Based on the reactions, or should I say the non reactions, the panic button has been pressed...

Im told they had the opportunity......that is no longer an option. Ned has been consistently at the top for the last 5 yrs. Will that change? Guess we will just have to see. 

30 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Nederland, I think now would be the right time for Nederland to swallow their pride and let those TWO YOUNG MEN come back to the team.  Based on the reactions, or should I say the non reactions, the panic button has been pressed...

I'm sorry but I disagree.   What lesson would be teaching the kids if you allowed that?  I don't know what they did but whatever it was it was serious enough to result in them not being on the team.  It's not all about winning sometimes the life lessons the kids walk away with are worth more than a victory on the field.  JMO 

1 hour ago, sportsfan_01 said:

I'm sorry but I disagree.   What lesson would be teaching the kids if you allowed that?  I don't know what they did but whatever it was it was serious enough to result in them not being on the team.  It's not all about winning sometimes the life lessons the kids walk away with are worth more than a victory on the field.  JMO 

That won't fly here , over many years there have been many who tried to game the system ( some of them all staters )  , break the rules , put I over team , take s stand over some wrong  they felt , but ? . Here it better be the right stand and you better come to practice with passing grades , then like men we can talk about it , otherwise  !! The response has been fair and equitable over many years , when you miss practice YOU quit the team  , very consistent , some things are more important than winning and losing and team always beats I/we/me . This may help others to understand why the staff here is so respected . They don't mind teaching life lessons above wins in the end the kids win , even the ones who felt they lost! Good job coaches .  I am not a coach or friend of one, just a Dog fan , but proud to say I know them all . My last child graduated in 1998 but I am a fan who appreciates teaching young adults how to do the right thing . "Go Dogs"

15 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

At least it's only Crosby fans on your thread. Everybody seems to have an opinion on our threads. A Crosby fan not commenting on a Dayton thread is like a PNG fan not commenting on a Ned thread.

Please!! You are not on here because it's a Dayton thread. There are plenty of other Nederland threads where you have run your mouth. You just have some kind of chip on your shoulder when it comes to the Bulldogs or maybe you are really a big fan of us!

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Disagree.  That sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.

44 minutes ago, bigdog said:

Disagree.  That sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.

Is there not a certain condition to be upheld to get back on the team?  Can that be assessed? " X amount of extra down ups, X sit ups, X amount of wind sprints, or X amount of bleached run time?  Work their arses off of it means enough to support their team and if the team, including coaches really want them back..

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Is there not a certain condition to be upheld to get back on the team?  Can that be assessed? " X amount of extra down ups, X sit ups, X amount of wind sprints, or X amount of bleached run time?  Work their arses off of it means enough to support their team and if the team, including coaches really want them back..

They were given a chance, but chose not to do what they needed.

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I believe Neumann set some conditions when the problems occurred and they failed to meet them .

5 minutes ago, Octfeb said:

As much as I like yall over there in Nederland, yall gonna be losers Friday.. I say that will the upmost kindness and love as possible.. :)

Make sure you take some good pics :) gonna be a fun time out there just like 2yrs ago.