Names on the back of Jerseys

BADSANTA

Hey Buddy I know you are'nt talking about Nederland, because we operate within our means you know, and we reuse our uniforms to the underclassmen as most schools do, and we can't be giving them away because it is stealing from the tax payers, and we certainly don't go looking for ways to get around it...that would be unethical and probably criiminal.

22 minutes ago, dBerrySports said:

Wouldn't the booster club pay for stuff like jerseys? Or is it actually the taxpayers?

They can. Some sports have active booster clubs that provide financial resources to their sports. Some do not.

It's all about resources. Money makes the  world go 'round. Or to quote Wu Tang- C R E A M

4 hours ago, ST413 said:

I know at least in the past many schools used the same jerseys for several years...names on them wouldn't allow this.

That's actually NOT true. Like BG stated PAM has had this for YEARS. It's simply a patch with the players name sewn on the jersey. Order the patches and the equipment coach sews them on. 

26 minutes ago, thaghost said:

That's actually NOT true. Like BG stated PAM has had this for YEARS. It's simply a patch with the players name sewn on the jersey. Order the patches and the equipment coach sews them on. 

So your saying the coach knows how to sew interesting, BG calls PNG the ballerinas in reality the PAM coaching staff is a bunch of Martha Stuart's makes sense tocall someone else a girl to take the heat off of you. Lol

3 hours ago, Scatright said:

If you are playing for the community then the name on the front is all that matters. Individual recognition is why so many are "blessed" to receive offers from D3 schools on twitter. These dudes are obsessed with getting under some kind of spotlight these days.

A kid that gets any offer from any college classification is indeed blessed and shouldn't be ashamed of proclaiming it. 

4 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

So your saying the coach knows how to sew interesting, BG calls PNG the ballerinas in reality the PAM coaching staff is a bunch of Martha Stuart's makes sense tocall someone else a girl to take the heat off of you. Lol

You got coaching staff from equipment coach? Lol, amazing, I dont think I need to say more. Swamp-mutt education, I blame the asbestos. :)

46 minutes ago, thaghost said:

So it was partly not true but like was pointed out still a cost many schools can't afford.

They should go back to the leather helmets no face masks and drinking water from garden hose only at the end of practices if they are lucky, and practice in the parking lot to build character.  That's the way we did it growing up.  These kids today are spoiled, am I right?  With their fancy cleats, high dollar helmets, towels, and gloves.  My take if a school does it, good for them and if they don't, good for them.  Kids aren't going to play any different whether or not their name is on the back of the jersey.  I'm not gonna hate if it is.  It's 2016!