Names on the back of Jerseys

BADSANTA

2 minutes ago, CougarCal said:

They should go back to the leather helmets no face masks and drinking water from garden hose only at the end of practices of they are lucky, and practice in the parking lot to build character.  That's the way we did it growing up.  These kids today are spoiled, am I right?  With their fancy cleats, high dollar helmets, towels, and gloves.  My take if a school does it, good for them and if they don't, good for them.  Kids aren't going to play any different whether or not their name is on the back of the jersey.  I'm not gonna hate if it is.  It's 2016!

Cal, dont preach this good common sense today man. :)

As a fan I will admit at times, especially early in the season, to wishing names were on the back of jerseys just to learn who is who( new players new numbers etc.)  I think as far as other things, save the money that would be used for other things.  As far as the team aspect,  I don't know.  The focus should definitely be on the team not the individual.  But not sure a name on the back of a jersey really focuses on an individual being that everyone's name would be on their jersey.  Wouldnt announcing a players name after a big play do a lot more to single that player out.

Buddy I'll tell ya a little trick we use at Nederland and Port Neches.....its called programs...you look at a players number and look it up in the program and  BAM..all of a sudden we know who the player is...if you have programs at memorial you should try it, if you don't have programs maybe you can get the equipment manager to print some.

5 minutes ago, Knoddy1 said:

Buddy I'll tell ya a little trick we use at Nederland and Port Neches.....its called programs...you look at a players number and look it up in the program and  BAM..all of a sudden we know who the player is...if you have programs at memorial you should try it, if you don't have programs maybe you can get the equipment manager to print some.

I dont need one, I can see the names clearly on the back of the jerseys on the field as for my team, if not I can look up at our beautiful video scoreboard. :)

1 hour ago, ST413 said:

So it was partly not true but like was pointed out still a cost many schools can't afford.

True some school districts can't afford that cost. My point was simply that the cost isn't as exaggerated as some posters are making it. Especially since you have the player on varsity three sometimes four years. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You got coaching staff from equipment coach? Lol, amazing, I dont think I need to say more. Swamp-mutt education, I blame the asbestos. :)

So PAM has a equipment coach? Does he teach them how to do Martha Stewart things lol 

but didn't Pam cut Boutte as AD because they were cutting to save money but has a equipment coach? Makes no sense but that PA logic lol lost the best bball coach in the district  to your rival 

5 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Against UIL rules for a player to "keep" a jersey. That is property of the tax players and giving them is stealing from the Tax payers 

I know that PNG will sale jersey's to all SR's who wants to keep there jersey.. They alternate white jersey one year Purple the next. They take the money they get for the jersey and replace it. not costing tax payers a dime. 

2 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

So PAM has a equipment coach? Does he teach them how to do Martha Stewart things lol 

but didn't Pam cut Boutte as AD because they were cutting to save money but has a equipment coach? Makes no sense but that PA logic lol 

So Nerdland doesn't have an equipment guy?  Weird. And what does having an equipment guy have to do with cutting the Executive AD position? And who said it was for money reasons? You sir are reaching for straws but dont worry cause week6 yall gonna be reaching for yalls stadium seats to leave down Twin City after this arse whooping yall will receive, which will be done by players with names on the back of their jerseys and replays shown on our scoreboard, hope yall enjoy, I know I will. :)

10 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

but didn't Pam cut Boutte as AD because they were cutting to save money but has a equipment coach? Makes no sense but that PA logic lol lost the best bball coach in the district  to your rival 

Let me ask you, who issues Nederland their helmets, shoulder pads, shoes? Please don't tell me that the players order and outfit the team themselves.