wo-s -vidor

skipper

20 minutes ago, class-99 Indians said:

It's going to be physical alright,stangs Def won't allow Vidor in the end zone,there fun to watch,well coached,and conditioned,cornel needs to tell bf how's it's done,Def wins championships.

Wouldn't count on that.  The last few years, Vidor has run through WO-S like 6th graders were on defense for the Mustangs.

1 hour ago, class-99 Indians said:

It's going to be physical alright,stangs Def won't allow Vidor in the end zone,there fun to watch,well coached,and conditioned,cornel needs to tell bf how's it's done,Def wins championships.

I think BF has already got the D figured out. I'm hearing a lot about the focus this year on D. Maybe he has changed his ways. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Needs to be a regular season game again. Whatever rift their is I hope it gets fixed soon. 

It's not a rift. The coaches get along just fine. It's very simple. Matthews has declined for several seasons to play WO-S in a REAL game. 

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Wouldn't count on that.  The last few years, Vidor has run through WO-S like 6th graders were on defense for the Mustangs.

Someone needs a Urine Test! 

11 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Of course a scrimmage is just a glorified practice.  Both teams will be better for the experience.

Which is why I could care less if Vidor does run on WO-S next Thursday.  It is not about stopping Vidor (although don't get me wrong, it will be nice if it happens), it is about giving the Chain Gang exposure to a offense that they will see at least once during pre-district, an offense they will see in half of their district games ,if there is a rematch of last year's quarterfinal, the offense that they will see then.

4 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Which is why I could care less if Vidor does run on WO-S next Thursday.  It is not about stopping Vidor (although don't get me wrong, it will be nice if it happens), it is about giving the Chain Gang exposure to a offense that they will see at least once during pre-district, an offense they will see in half of their district games ,if there is a rematch of last year's quarterfinal, the offense that they will see then.

LCM and BC and Kennedale run the slot t they will get enough practice for Bellville that's for sure. 

9 hours ago, WOSgrad said:

Nope, dub.  No test required, Just a good memory.

So if they have really ran through us like a bunch of 6th graders my question is if they ran through us so easy then what happened the rest of the season because we generally have a better defense than the teams they play so why did they not run through everyone else like 6th graders? Honest question!! Did they peak out after that scrimmage?

14 minutes ago, outanup said:

I wouldnt think Cornell schemes Vidor.....Way too many other issues this early then to worry over a scrimmage. With that said, if he did and this was a REAL game......I would say that Vidors one dimensional offense would have trouble moving the chains. JMO!!!!

From games I've witnessed=you ain't having much luck passing,or the outside(too much Mustang speed).Best to run straight at em,esp if you have the meats up front.You cannot have turnovers,must keep chains moving.

1 hour ago, ICEWATER said:

So if they have really ran through us like a bunch of 6th graders my question is if they ran through us so easy then what happened the rest of the season because we generally have a better defense than the teams they play so why did they not run through everyone else like 6th graders? Honest question!! Did they peak out after that scrimmage?

Dub, you are spot on at what happened AFTER the scrimmage.  Vidor didn't even make the playoffs in any of those seasons and the Mustangs went at least 4 rounds deep in the playoffs with a state finals appearance a couple of years ago and an state championship last season.  Further the Mustangs last year SHUT DOWN teams that ran either the slot T or wing T (LC-M, Newton, Orangefield, Hardin-Jefferson and Bellville).  So you're right, success or lack of success in a scrimmage doesn't always translate into success or lack of success once the games count.  This is why I shake my head at those that notch a "win" in their belt and demand to be fitted with a district crown when their school did well in a scrimmage and equally so at those that think the sky is falling on a school that struggles during one.

All that being said, regardless of what happened after the scrimmage, what I described in the past few WO-S/Vidor scrimmages did happen.  Why did it happen? I have no real answer for that, other than what has been described earlier...that it is doubtful that the Mustangs have practiced that much (if any) against the Slot T prior to the Vidor scrimmage.