How long before Boutte gets West Brook turned around?

2 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I think Buddy is talking about being a state contender.   Soulja may have been saying they will be much improved this year.  I think they will be, but it will take them a while to get to Ozen or Lincoln status.  How good they can be this year will be depend a great deal on Parquet's status.  

true, I'm just messing with BG-- He's one of the only things I like from PA lol

6 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I think the best talent in Beaumont will want to play for a winner like Boutte. I can see more of the former talent that use to go to HJ staying at home for West Brook. 

So HJ had a great communications program all this time?  Say it aint so lol

7 minutes ago, understand said:

He will also bring in football players, in 2-3 years most basketball players will want to play for him, and his talent is not as bad as many think that's there right now. Now don't get me wrong 5a regional 3 in basketball is Beaumont and Fort Bend .

If he's bringing in football players then Toby better be worried. 

9 hours ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I heard a kid has left Westbrook and enrolled into HJ.  HMMMMM.  And the vines are saying it's getting messy between a certain HJ transfer. 

Kids will be moving in and around up until school starts , can't gauge anything rigjht now. Parents get mad at coaches ,kids get mad at coaches hell everyone is mad..lol... In the end just trust the process,believe me when i say this.

In 2 to 3 years he will have things rolling. Remember players currently playing for their High School will be reluctant to transfer because they will probably have to sit out a year. Coaches in West Brook's district will be screaming foul like crazy if Varsity starters transfer. I think he will grab a lot of the 8th grade talent over the next couple of years and that's where the success will come in. 

On 8/8/2016 at 9:25 AM, winwin said:

In 2 to 3 years he will have things rolling. Remember players currently playing for their High School will be reluctant to transfer because they will probably have to sit out a year. Coaches in West Brook's district will be screaming foul like crazy if Varsity starters transfer. I think he will grab a lot of the 8th grade talent over the next couple of years and that's where the success will come in. 

The Boutte program has and will continue to sale itself...Who wouldnt want to play for a winner. Westbrook is very fortunate to get him and he will bring success back to the program. His work habits and his rapport with his players on and off the court is phenomenal. On the 6A level it'll take him (2018-2019) season to formidable. However he'll be very competitive locally in the YMBL,James Gamble and Fred Williams tournaments just on mere coaching...jmo

On August 5, 2016 at 7:59 PM, BADSANTA said:

Andre has a strong track record for winning. How long before he has West Brook looking like old Ozen or Lincoln? 

Turned around?  Possibly soon.  A season or 2.  But "turned around" is relative.

Looking like old Ozen or Lincoln? Never.  Nobody is denying he is a good coach.  But even good coaches need state championship quality players to win state championships.  Unless there is a mass movin of all good players from greater Beaumont...Westbrook won't be winning state titles.  The talent is spread too thin.

7 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Turned around?  Possibly soon.  A season or 2.  But "turned around" is relative.

Looking like old Ozen or Lincoln? Never.  Nobody is denying he is a good coach.  But even good coaches need state championship quality players to win state championships.  Unless there is a mass movin of all good players from greater Beaumont...Westbrook won't be winning state titles.  The talent is spread too thin.

With the rumors of re-zoning it might get even tougher, until someone figures out a way around it. 

35 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

I wouldn't say impossible but I tend to agree.  You have 3 schools 5A or better and the other two have ruled the roost for a while now.  I would say he will eventually get them to where they are a contender in the region.  But will be exceedingly difficult to get them to the level of a state champion in 6A.  It will be a few years until they are even the best team in SETX IMO.  

I dont think WB ever lacked in the talent department. I think maybe they needed a fresh voice to lead them and now they have it. Coach Simon was a great guy i just dont think his teams ever reached their full potential the expectations at West Brook have always been football related and since Stump left even they have underachieved. Maybe Boutte will bring some school spirit back to every sport