VYPE preview for PAM????

pakronos

4 hours ago, bigdog said:

Arrogance usually backfires, (you would know) :) every team in the district is gunning for PAM more than ever after those comments.  They wont get through district unscathed. 

Arrogance got us to the semis, when is the last time being humble got Ned there? Everyone gunned for us last year too, everybody in this coverage area came up short. As far as teams dropping, you should know all about that. Georgetown went 11-10 their last realignment before they dropped down and back-stroked Ned by 32 points in the regional final, then 26 more the next year. Denton Guyer dropped down the same year Georgetown did and beat them in the title game, then followed it up with another title in 2013. Denton Ryan is ranked #1 as almost a consensus, why? Solely because they dropped down to 5A and won't be dealing with the likes of Carroll and Allen anymore. Do you think Manvel is going to struggle now that they've dropped down, very similar athletes to what you'll see as the PA kids fly by your dogs? Maybe you're right though, Highland Park dropped down and  could struggle to match the 10 wins they had last year.   

2 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

I've said this before but you're not winning jack crap in any classification in east Texas or southeast Texas with all white boys...sorry it's not happening 

...I would think that the overall ethnic makeup of Katy closely resembles Nederland and Katy if a team that dominates almost any team they line up against.....

35 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Arrogance got us to the semis, when is the last time being humble got Ned there? Everyone gunned for us last year too, everybody in this coverage area came up short. As far as teams dropping, you should know all about that. Georgetown went 11-10 their last realignment before they dropped down and back-stroked Ned by 32 points in the regional final, then 26 more the next year. Denton Guyer dropped down the same year Georgetown did and beat them in the title game, then followed it up with another title in 2013. Denton Ryan is ranked #1 as almost a consensus, why? Solely because they dropped down to 5A and won't be dealing with the likes of Carroll and Allen anymore. Do you think Manvel is going to struggle now that they've dropped down, very similar athletes to what you'll see as the PA kids fly by your dogs? Maybe you're right though, Highland Park dropped down and  could struggle to match the 10 wins they had last year.   

And arrogance got you KO'ed in the 2nd round.   I wasn't talking about the whole state.  Being ranked #1 (or top 5) and actually living up to it are two different things, Crosby should know all about that.

32 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

...I would think that the overall ethnic makeup of Katy closely resembles Nederland and Katy if a team that dominates almost any team they line up against.....

I've told you before about Katy. Different animal. Not even comparable to Ned, more comparable to Southlake. 

32 minutes ago, bigdog said:

And arrogance got you KO'ed in the 2nd round.   I wasn't talking about the whole state.  Being ranked #1 (or top 5) and actually living up to it are two different things, Crosby should know all about that.

Actually if you watched the game as I did arrogance didn't get them beat, Ridge Point having more playmakers did. Proof is in the footage. 

3 hours ago, bigdog said:

There probably aren't many teams around here that are all white, you might need to look around a little.  Also, keep race out of this.

I'm not being racial whatsoever...as a matter of fact I'm whiter than a bottle of liquid paper, and it's incredibly difficult for that type of team to win in east or southeast Texas. When's the last time Evadale, Warren, Deweyville, West Hardin, Barbers Hill have been of any relevance? 

53 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Now we're talking about suburban schools, and that's a totally different animal. Katy, Southlake, Highland Park, Lake Travis, etc have an incredible economic advantage to afford personal trainers and have access to different types of stuff that rural kids don't have access to.

3 hours ago, Uncle Pig said:

Now we're talking about suburban schools, and that's a totally different animal. Katy, Southlake, Highland Park, Lake Travis, etc have an incredible economic advantage to afford personal trainers and have access to different types of stuff that rural kids don't have access to.

I'd say that Nederland would be considered the 'burbs'.  Most of the Nederland population is old TJ alum that moved.  Most of them own houses and property and are big wigs in the plants...  Pretty good income that can afford trainers, off-season programs and high tech in home workout equipment vs most of the inner city (Beaumont) residents, namely the kids in the higher disadvantage areas in the north end, south end, south park, ect.

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I'd say that Nederland would be considered the 'burbs'.  Most of the Nederland population is old TJ alum that moved.  Most of them own houses and property and are big wigs in the plants...  Pretty good income that can afford trainers, off-season programs and high tech in home workout equipment vs most of the inner city (Beaumont) residents, namely the kids in the higher disadvantage areas in the north end, south end, south park, ect.

Agreed 

12 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Are you saying this puts Nederland at an advantage because they have more resources or at a disadvantage because their kids didn't grow up on the mean streets of South Park?

57 minutes ago, AthleticSupporter - Jock said:

Are you saying this puts Nederland at an advantage because they have more resources or at a disadvantage because their kids didn't grow up on the mean streets of South Park?

No, not at all.  I was proving the point about comparing Nederland to Katy, demographics, ethnically, ect.  PAM now playing the Nederlands now, vs. The Deer Parks, Baytown Sterlings, ect....

11 minutes ago, MAYFIELD said:

Was it just me or did they sound unsure of themselves. Dominate the Division because they are dropping down hummm. I today promise you this, they may win in this Division but Dominate I don't think so.

Nah. What I've seen is some squads like getting in front of the camera/mic and spill all the tea on themselves (swamp-mutts) & you have some squads that like to keep it short because they rather be on the field proving naysayers wrong (titans) :)

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Nah. What I've seen is some squads like getting in front of the camera/mic and spill all the tea on themselves (swamp-mutts) & you have some squads that like to keep it short because they rather be on the field proving naysayers wrong (titans) :)

I think popcorn balls are in order...