I wonder

stevenash

It's quite possible steve.  What comes to my mind often, when folks are demonstrating against the police, is how they would react if they were the police officer and someone they confronted called them names and resisted arrest?   I'd dearly love to see how they would react.  

I can show you videos of officers that did exactly that and were killed. I mean going as far as yelling at the soon to be shooter to stop repeatedly, one time as an officer watched the shooters load his gun. There was plenty of reason to fire in self defense and it is sickening and heartbreaking to watch but the officer hesitated not for a couple of seconds but for quite a while. 

Most officers can lawfully use deadly force more than once in their career but about 98% never do so. 

6 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I can show you videos of officers that did exactly that and were killed. I mean going as far as yelling at the soon to be shooter to stop repeatedly, one time as an officer watched the shooters load his gun. There was plenty of reason to fire in self defense and it is sickening and heartbreaking to watch but the officer hesitated not for a couple of seconds but for quite a while. 

Most officers can lawfully use deadly force more than once in their career but about 98% never do so. 

No doubt in my mind.  After all of this garbage about demonstrations, rioting, etc.etc. etc. it still seems the best thing to do is comply with the officer regardless of whether he is right or wrong ( and we all KNOW that in the vast majority of cases, he is conducting himself appropriately).

1 hour ago, stevenash said:

No doubt in my mind.  After all of this garbage about demonstrations, rioting, etc.etc. etc. it still seems the best thing to do is comply with the officer regardless of whether he is right or wrong ( and we all KNOW that in the vast majority of cases, he is conducting himself appropriately).

+1000

12 hours ago, NDNation said:

Found it!

Absolutely great post.  IMO, should be shown in every High School.  It points out why the SCOTUS rulings gives so much latitude to the officers who make those split second decisions.   If I had teenagers at home, I'd make sure they saw it.

Thanks NDN