IS 22-5A A BIG CUPCAKE DISTRICT??

pakronos

after i posted a recent reply and typed some teams, this district seems to be weaker than a pack of sugar free kool aide in a swimming pool. sorry fans of these teams, including mine, but 5/9 teams are boo boo. the other 4 are playoff teams imo, by default...somebody gotta go. c'mon folks. seriously look at your teams and be honest. YES, I WANT TO SEE MY TITANS CRUSH THIS DISTRICT, but given what we know about our teams and looking at potential playoff matchups, barring injuries or grades, 22-5A IS A JOKE. we might see some competitive games. but imo the term competitive is relative. two freshman teams can be competitive, doesn't mean they can beat a Katy, North Shore, Manvel, etc.... it pains me to say Nederland will be top dog, no pun intended. followed by a pn-g team that imo nederland and PAM will be their playoffs. then central and Ol Toby i don't need to say much after that, and then PAM and xbox 360...he not worthy for xbox one. i guess settling for ol mediocrity  is going to be around till we get some coaching changes(ozen, can't keep one long enough to see what works lol).

16 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

District is stronger than 21-5A thats for sure :)

The recent data says otherwise but this look like a year 22-5A is pretty close. 21-5A's strength will be solely dependent on how well Humble, New Caney and Kingwood Park perform.

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

The recent data says otherwise but this look like a year 22-5A is pretty close. 21-5A's strength will be solely dependent on how well Humble, New Caney and Kingwood Park perform.

Besides Crosby and possibly Dayton (only if they go up versus Png) I think 22-5A will be in good hands. 

1 hour ago, Cougar14.2 said:

For New Caney, a lot will depend on how the new QB performs. He transferred in during the school year last year. He is bigger than Ware from last year.

well prove me wrong. not comparing 21 5a. look at the 5 boo boo teams. really?? they won't beat anyone. they might start 2-0 or 1-1, but going against the top four they will fail. then the top four is only good for a round or two in the playoffs. that BG is cupcake city. PAM dropping doesn't make 22 5a stronger...maybe in 2011. see the titan thread to refesh our problems. I don't care for Nederland, but they have the coach to win the district,but  that's it. they pride themselves on district titles which keeps him employed. PNG is all about pride and tradition and play the game the right way. they pack the stands to support the team and that's what matters to them. as long as coach have them doing it right in a losing effort, his job is secured. Central is the you never know. I will say this about them. they win the ones they suppose to win, which is cupcake and stumble into the playoffs to get knocked out like Redd from Friday. PAM is a mess. Xbox reminds me of Henry Winkler from the Waterboy, Coach Klien. when he has NO talent, he can't coach...hmmmm...talent makes him look brilliant. for all the athletes that school has, it's a JOKE IN EVERY SPORT, except track. 

4 minutes ago, pakronos said:

well prove me wrong. not comparing 21 5a. look at the 5 boo boo teams. really?? they won't beat anyone. they might start 2-0 or 1-1, but going against the top four they will fail. then the top four is only good for a round or two in the playoffs. that BG is cupcake city. PAM dropping doesn't make 22 5a stronger...maybe in 2011. see the titan thread to refesh our problems. I don't care for Nederland, but they have the coach to win the district,but  that's it. they pride themselves on district titles which keeps him employed. PNG is all about pride and tradition and play the game the right way. they pack the stands to support the team and that's what matters to them. as long as coach have them doing it right in a losing effort, his job is secured. Central is the you never know. I will say this about them. they win the ones they suppose to win, which is cupcake and stumble into the playoffs to get knocked out like Redd from Friday. PAM is a mess. Xbox reminds me of Henry Winkler from the Waterboy, Coach Klien. when he has NO talent, he can't coach...hmmmm...talent makes him look brilliant. for all the athletes that school has, it's a JOKE IN EVERY SPORT, except track. 

Been to a basketball game lately?? 

1 minute ago, pakronos said:

no, I see how bad they are looking at the scores and the record lol. I said PAM is a joke in all sports except for track where they dominate...go figure lol

Must be watching a different Memorial in bball over the past few years. Gonna be fun watching them, Central & Ozen compete in a dogfight for that district crown. Girls bball is ok as well. Not too sure on volleyball haven't paid attention to that in years. 

Now baseball & tennis & softball on the other hand um……. Welp….. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Must be watching a different Memorial in bball over the past few years. Gonna be fun watching them, Central & Ozen compete in a dogfight for that district crown. Girls bball is ok as well. Not too sure on volleyball haven't paid attention to that in years. 

Now baseball & tennis & softball on the other hand um……. Welp….. 

how many times they been to state?? ozen beat the breaks off them. basketball sucked dude. they lost 14 games man lol. i'm a bumblebee alumni...we lost 2-3 games and that was too many. they got into the playoffs with a 7-5 district record third place. 4th place was 6-6...THEY SUCKED.

2 hours ago, pakronos said:

I mean, that's kind of a solid post. You're going in way too much on Harrison but I think you hit every other topic squarely. I think you're going to find that against 5A level competition, all of a sudden he'll be a lot better coach in your eyes. I think the hire from the Crosby staff will also help out. 

As far as the other topic it's funny how you mention the things you did about the teams you did. Make a long story short we talked about different views and expectations in different places. The crescendo to the conversation was how many places in Texas, much less SETX, would basically run two coaches out of town after going to the playoffs for 12 consecutive years if you combine the end of the two tenures. It's exactly what Crosby and Dayton did, I think that says a lot about how winning is defined in different places which reverts back to your post, minus the Harrison stuff which I don't agree with.