Red Cross Apology for Racist Pool Poster

BMTSoulja1

19 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Interesting....

Why, because I wouldn't notice? I don't read "the rules" sign on public swimming pools. I did look at the sign, but I can't tell you how many kids total were in the picture. Can you? I did get the general message of what activities were cool and what was not cool. 

I'm sick of everything coming down to race. Would you like for me to be childish when I see my race portrayed as inferior? Ok. The Nationwide Insurance commercials depict white people dancing around in the yard  throwing sacks of white powder in the air, trimming trees, changing oit,.....anything to kep from calling their insurance company, while the cool, calm, and collected black couple is watching the heathens perform during thier siteown with their insurance agent. Switch the roles and you have lawsuits.

4 minutes ago, baddog said:

Typical response.    So, they could have chosen another pool?

Listen man, I don't really care. But it was a drawing, not sure how any one drawing could have chosen another pool. Anyways, the people that drew and ultimately approved that poster made a mistake. Whether it was purposely racial or not, I don't know. But it was a mistake. A mistake that a place as big as the Red Cross can't make. And if you want to be childish about when you think your race is considered inferior, go right ahead, you won't be the first or last. I don't want to make it a competition, I wish the worst complaint we could have is an insurance commercial.

1 hour ago, dBerrySports said:

Listen man, I don't really care. But it was a drawing, not sure how any one drawing could have chosen another pool. Anyways, the people that drew and ultimately approved that poster made a mistake. Whether it was purposely racial or not, I don't know. But it was a mistake. A mistake that a place as big as the Red Cross can't make. And if you want to be childish about when you think your race is considered inferior, go right ahead, you won't be the first or last. I don't want to make it a competition, I wish the worst complaint we could have is an insurance commercial.

Yep, about as important as a Red Cross poster. It was as not even on national tv like the commercial until now. Maybe you can see the childish parallels I am drawing.

I never said the poster was right either.