Dove, Newtobie, Big Girl, PamFam

stevenash

5 hours ago, stevenash said:

If the evil white man had not taken over this country so many years ago, can you tell me what your personal circumstances would be today?

I don't know exactly, but my ancestors wouldn't have went through the years of slave labor, death, rape, beatings, hangings and hateful treatment that the evil white man inflicted upon them. Men watched their daughters, wife and mothers get treated very badly by the white man. Not blaming nobody in the present, the the white man of the past was as bad as the muslim brotherhood that you folks hate today. So, I am respectful of what my ancestors went through for me to enjoy a better life. I am also thankful to the north for kicking a.... in the civil war.

3 minutes ago, new tobie said:

I don't know exactly, but my ancestors wouldn't have went through the years of slave labor, death, rape, beatings, hangings and hateful treatment that the evil white man inflicted upon them. Men watched their daughters, wife and mothers get treated very badly by the white man. Not blaming nobody in the present, the the white man of the past was as bad as the muslim brotherhood that you folks hate today. So, I am respectful of what my ancestors went through for me to enjoy a better life. I am also thankful to the north for kicking a.... in the civil war.

If placing blame from the past is so important, who rounded up your people to load them on boats headed to America?

1 minute ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Already watched it...answer the question. 

you enjoyed it to did't you

8 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

If placing blame from the past is so important, who rounded up your people to load them on boats headed to America?

they were alive when they got on the ships, you know what happened afterwords, the radicals tortured most of them to death

33 minutes ago, new tobie said:

you enjoyed it to did't you

they were alive when they got on the ships, you know what happened afterwords, the radicals tortured most of them to death

give up new tobie, give up. Bullets 13 is probably a good model for discussing politics and race, he calls it honestly even in his own conservative party. So does Mr. Buddy Garrity. I will probably stick to known facts and make sure their is no hate for people in my opinions. Definitely won't group a whole group or race because of the minority of that race or group.

6 hours ago, stevenash said:

If the evil white man had not taken over this country so many years ago, can you tell me what your personal circumstances would be today?

In this world Evil and Good exist in every race, every political affiliation, George W has made good and bad decisions as so has Obama. Their are good cops and cops that are rotten to the core. Some people have deserved police brutality and some didn't. Racism exist in every nationality. This site tends to be one sided at times, so i tend to argue against the one side. The good thing is i can do better, and I am man enough to admit it. Hate racism from any culture

I initially came to this thread to shut it down because I feel it is somewhat race baiting and destined to be locked anyway. 

I was actually surprised at the conversation and how well it is going. Hopefully we can have a conversation, learn something from each other, and that is very possible if everyone does not try to "win". It seems everyone wants to shame the other side and prove they are right to achieve the moral victory. 

We all come from different backgrounds and have different experiences in our past. Dove and I have a history on this site, and I know our backgrounds are different. He experienced many things that I have not, and I have experienced things he hasn't. We all give perspectives based on life experience. We need to use that to learn each other and stop trying to win.

As an observation, we should all take a look at nappyroots. He seems to want to learn and seems very fair minded. I have not read all of his post, but the ones I have read I have came to that conclusion. 

To keep this thread from getting locked will take effort from everyone.......lets all learn something.....

Don't be "the one" that gets the thread locked...

2 hours ago, 77 said:

Then why do you want to let all these immigrants come in that love Sharia law that you say does those terrible things to folks like what was done to your relatives seems like you would not want to go through that again?

Because in our great country, our principles of freedom were not to discriminate because of a person's religion. Granted, the founding fathers may have been thinking about Catholics and not Islam.

1 minute ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

Because in our great country, our principles of freedom were not to discriminate because of a person's religion. Granted, the founding fathers may have been thinking about Catholics and not Islam.

So making sure that nobody is "inconvenienced" when attempting to enter this country is more important than preventing incidents such as Orlando?

11 hours ago, new tobie said:

I don't know either, and that's sad. My ancestors didn't have a choice. They were forced to allow someone to determine their future. Steve Nash, I hope you are not insinuating that some of the white men involved did us a favor.

10 minutes ago, stevenash said:

So making sure that nobody is "inconvenienced" when attempting to enter this country is more important than preventing incidents such as Orlando?

White men commit more terroristic acts domestically. You guys can't accept the truth. Geez!!!

24 minutes ago, Big girl said:

I don't know either, and that's sad. My ancestors didn't have a choice. They were forced to allow someone to determine their future. Steve Nash, I hope you are not insinuating that some of the white men involved did us a favor.

I am "insinuating" that this country became a very great country and our forefathers did ALL OF US a favor by creating it.

11 hours ago, nappyroots said:

give up new tobie, give up. Bullets 13 is probably a good model for discussing politics and race, he calls it honestly even in his own conservative party. So does Mr. Buddy Garrity. I will probably stick to known facts and make sure their is no hate for people in my opinions. Definitely won't group a whole group or race because of the minority of that race or group.

Good, because a lot of people on this site do. Some people feel that ALL Muslims are bad?

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

7 minutes ago, stevenash said:

I am saying that everyone who lives here has benefitted from the greatness of the country and is better off than they would be in the vast majority of the alternatives.

So, you are saying we are better off than we would be if we still lived in Africa? That is a big continent,  how can you be so sure?

7 minutes ago, Big girl said:

So, you are saying we are better off than we would be if we still lived in Africa? That is a big continent,  how can you be so sure?

Can you name a country in Africa in which you think you (or anyone for that matter) have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Hell, don't just limit it to Africa. Can you name any other country on Earth where you feel you have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?

Common sense is what I am asking for they want to let to many come at once and their track records not to good at vetting and it only takes a few! This country was  founded on coming legally and Obama has been trying to skirt that since he got in office.So yes I do not trust him or Hill to do the right thing!

2 hours ago, Englebert said:

Can you name a country in Africa in which you think you (or anyone for that matter) have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Hell, don't just limit it to Africa. Can you name any other country on Earth where you feel you have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?

I read an article about 10 years ago and it was mentioning how Americans were leaving the US and stating over in places like Trinidad and other spots in that area.

3 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I read an article about 10 years ago and it was mentioning how Americans were leaving the US and stating over in places like Trinidad and other spots in that area.

They would have to start over alot after Hurricane Season is done, I know I wouldn't take that chance on an island.