Dove, Newtobie, Big Girl, PamFam

stevenash

15 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

I read an article about 10 years ago and it was mentioning how Americans were leaving the US and stating over in places like Trinidad and other spots in that area.

The population numbers suggest that is not a major issue and I would bet they would say the same thing about 10 years ago.  But I do congratulate you on your strength of memory.  I read an article 8 years ago that said Bush caused the financial upheaval during 2008 and it was just as wrong then as it is now.

6 minutes ago, BLUEDOVE3 said:

But a lot of people live on Islands. I also think you could find many people who would not dare live on the Gulf Coast...hmmmm! :)

You right, alot of em got tornadoes & softball size hail to think about, I know all to well about those two things. But living out on an island where you cant drive away to evacuate from total danger has to suck for those folks leaving the U.S. to start over though. 

8 hours ago, Englebert said:

Can you name a country in Africa in which you think you (or anyone for that matter) have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Hell, don't just limit it to Africa. Can you name any other country on Earth where you feel you have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?

Sadly, I will never know how my life would've been in Africa,but my poor ancestors would've been better, especially Uncle Bubba and Lawrence who were lynched in 1965 ,or my ancestors who were forced to become slaves. The beatings, torture, selling of kids probably wouldn't have happened in Africa.

8 hours ago, Englebert said:

Can you name a country in Africa in which you think you (or anyone for that matter) have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Hell, don't just limit it to Africa. Can you name any other country on Earth where you feel you have a better shot at Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness?

Tt

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You right, alot of em got tornadoes & softball size hail to think about, I know all to well about those two things. But living out on an island where you cant drive away to evacuate from total danger has to suck for those folks leaving the U.S. to start over though. 

Galveston is an island and people are able to leave.

9 hours ago, Englebert said:

I could live in Morocco.

Dove, you and Big Girl often refer to how unfairly the Indians were treated when " we " took over this country.  So if I am understanding you correctly "we" were the bad guys in that situation, but today it is a totally different story and anyone wanting to come into this country ought to be welcomed with open arms?

• 11 months later...
On 6/24/2016 at 11:24 PM, nappyroots said:

In this world Evil and Good exist in every race, every political affiliation, George W has made good and bad decisions as so has Obama. Their are good cops and cops that are rotten to the core. Some people have deserved police brutality and some didn't. Racism exist in every nationality. This site tends to be one sided at times, so i tend to argue against the one side. The good thing is i can do better, and I am man enough to admit it. Hate racism from any culture